It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Good Video** Cigar Shaped UFO over Arlington, TX Sep 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Looks very bright, rather than reflective.

Looks to be very large also. It seemed to take mere seconds between hovering and hauling ass across the sky.
Lots of horse power for a blimp

People have been seeing these all over the place, for ages. Just another one possibly caught on camera. What is strange is the vibrant light they give off --- could this be a byproduct of it's propulsion system?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A plane filmed by a crappy camera... the dude needs a new camera, one that can at least focus better.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
The object is clearly not a plane, and clearly not a blimp! Planes do not hang in the sky for 30 seconds, only to zoom away at a great speed at the last second. Blimps cannot move that quickly! Whatever that was whether cgi, or ufo it definitely was not a plane or blimp. Not exactly sure how some posters can tell if it is terrestrial, or extraterrestrial, would be curious how you came to such a conclusion.
didn't look like it was hanging...just couldn't tell that it was moving until it passes the trees. after rewatching, it looks like the speed is constant and at no time is it hovering.
edit on 22-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Ok, so maybe hanging wasn't the best word to use, but you will notice that his panning is very slow and he actually has to go back from where he thought the object should have been. The last ten seconds of the video he is panning very quickly and has difficulty keeping up with the object. If that was a plane then they sure were going in for a hot landing!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm a pilot in dallas....it's not a jet....it's a reflection in a sliding glass door....a reflection of a light source of that shape....and then he masked the time when it went behind the tree......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
still say possible blimp or CGI....
I dont hold too much faith in youtube videos...

I see this commentary a lot in here...

Can someone please point the direction of the next best thing? Youtube is known world wide for video hosting that anyone can do. Why NOT put something on youtube? Everyone knows it. It's like... well.. google. There's no reason to use inferior services, if they even exist outside of photobucket. You'd have a problem with that too, though, I imagine.

Since when does something automatically become faked simply because it's hosted on Youtube?

You expect these people to create HTTPd's on their computers and host these things?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I find it suspicious that he edits his YouTube channel name into the video multiple times, as if to make sure he gets credit for it, but doesn't care to share his real name or anything. That, along with the fact that his channel is full of UFO videos.

That said, I'm not prepared to make any assumptions about what the object seen in the video is.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

To me it looks like a jumbo jet with "missing" wings. I just don't understand why the camera operator would be holding up a piece of paper...it just adds shading to the video (possibly to do some video editing later on???) Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
1. It could be a jet. The only way to find out is to see if there is an airport near the house.

2. The object speed can be determined just using the video if someone has the time.

3. The sounds in the background are from a softball or baseball game going on.

Anyone have time to analyze the video deeper?

thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
I'm a pilot in dallas....it's not a jet....it's a reflection in a sliding glass door....a reflection of a light source of that shape....and then he masked the time when it went behind the tree......

Ok since you are a pilot in Dallas can you help us determine if this is a jet or not?

What can you contribute to the investigation? Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oh, this must be the Aliens & UFO Skeptics Only forum. Seems legit, sounds like the kids/people in the distance have spotted it also, they're shouting "Look! Look!". I was a little mystified why the camera op was keeping the window frame in shot, but I suppose (near the start of the vid) it helps you see the motion.

Living next to a military base (facing East) and Heathrow (also to the east) I can't say I've personally seen planes look like an orange streak in the setting sun, not at the altitude seen in this video (quite low). So I'd assume the camera op probably had an inclination that this wasn't a plane hence why he/she filmed it. My point being, mis-identification in this instance seems (to me) quite low.

No idea what it is, but it's not a bad video at all.

edit on 23-10-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
still say possible blimp or CGI....
I dont hold too much faith in youtube videos...

Well I mean, which is it?

First it was, "With all these cameras you would think someone would have gotten one on tape."

Lets imagine they did, they wouldn't have a place to out it to the world.

Now we do, Youtube. All of a sudden we don't like youtube videos?

So, since youtube, there have been thousands if not hundreds of thousands of UFO videos, and now we change the saying from "With all these cameras you would think someone would have gotten one on tape" to "Well, it's youtube, so -- no."

Are some fake? Surely. Does that make them all fake? Surely not. I guess once you see one for yourself you'll realize they are real.

But then you'll be laughing at people who used to be just like you.

Comical.

Do we call this phenomenon Cosmic Comedy? Cosmic Irony? Ironic Cosmic Comedy?

They all seem apt.

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

So being a pilot makes you an expert on lens reflections now?

I mean I was with you, it's not a jet. Being a pilot can take you that far, but, jumping to the conclusion that it was a reflection is a bit silly -- especially when you hear kids outside say "Look, look!" as if people on the other side of the sliding glass door saw it too.

This would rule out the reflection hypothesis if people outside really saw it too. Which judging by just the video, seems quite likely. [read: probable.]

It's also too bright to be a reflection, passes behind the leaves of the trees. If it was a reflection, the light source would have to be on the inside. For it to be that bright, would mean -- you would see the reflections of the camera person as well as possibly the source of the light.

It would also NOT pass behind the leaves of the trees.

I also don't think that's a sliding glass door. I think that person is outside on a porch and what you see on the side is a support column. You can clearly hear the sounds of kids playing baseball, even the distinct "Dink" sound of someone hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat. Sounds that would otherwise not be heard, or be distinctly muffled if it was a closed sliding glass door.

P.S.

Anybody saying it's a blimp, please show us a picture of a blimp that looks like the afterglow of the millennium falcon colored bright orange/yellow.

Blimps are generally non reflective flat materials. I've been to baseball games/football games, hell even been on a blimp before.... I've never seen a blimp EVER look ANYTHING like this object.

It's also way too bright to be a reflection off a plane. Again, the same rule applies, show me a picture of a plane that looks at all similar to this particular object. I'm betting you won't find one that clearly doesn't look like a plane, just like you won't find one that clearly doesn't resemble a blimp.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I also don't know what it is, but one things for sure. No one on this site will believe any video until some one films one beaming someone on board.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by markymint

I also don't know what it is, but one things for sure. No one on this site will believe any video until some one films one beaming someone on board.

Not even then, they'll just think it's some viral movie promo!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Id say it's a surveillance blimp belonging to homeland security.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Ok, so maybe hanging wasn't the best word to use, but you will notice that his panning is very slow and he actually has to go back from where he thought the object should have been. The last ten seconds of the video he is panning very quickly and has difficulty keeping up with the object. If that was a plane then they sure were going in for a hot landing!
To me it looks consistent with a plane landing. Obviously if there is a airport close by in that direction then case closed. But I'm sure we can't confirm the exact location so this is useless. Another thing is UFOs are supposed to zip around at incredible speeds and perform extreme maneuvers. This object is consistent with a plane. Of course there is always the possibility that this is alien craft mimicking a plane. Can't rule that out.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very interesting video. Looks like a a thin blimp going really fast.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is a plane..the angle causes the wings to blend in with the fuselage.

Does anyone else see the Blinking light, or is it only me? Watch the video enlarged.

Thanks for posting, but this one I would say Is in fact a plane.

tom.

edit on 23-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I vote for UFO

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

have any of you ever seen a plane or blimp before.

let my tell you something, they look like planes and blimps.

E P I C LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join