It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama HAS to outline objectives for his 2nd term tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Obama has to clearly outline the objectives of his second term tonight. The people have asked for it. The Republicans are criticizing his administration for not publicly announcing it and I think it is in his duty to let people know where he stands on the many issues that currently plagues this nation.

After all, GW Bush made it a point to outline his 2nd term plan in September of 2004. He blasted Kerry along the way and was very aggressive in laying out the foundation, as vague and pie in the sky it was. Here are some of the things Bush focused on way back in September 2004:

George W. Bush accepted the Republican nomination to run for a second term as president last night, outlining proposals that he vowed would create jobs, expand health care and broaden educational opportunities, while he battered Senator John Kerry for what Mr. Bush said was a weak and wavering record on national security and the economy.

I don't know if Obama will have enough time to cover the basics but he needs to do so effectively given the format for tonight's discussion. Bush was emphatic in his delivery and also found ways to attack Kerry with sharp rhetoric.

For 62 minutes, speaking from a circular stage that was assembled overnight at the center of Madison Square Garden, Mr. Bush moved between a discussion of national security and his domestic programs. In the process, he drew critical contrasts with Mr. Kerry, pointing to votes the senator had cast and statements he had made in 20 years in office to portray his opponent as advocate of big government, defense cuts and tax increases. He mocked Mr. Kerry's efforts to associate himself with conservative values, describing the Massachusetts Democrats as representing the liberal "heart and soul" of Hollywood.

Bush's 2nd term proposal

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Yes, he has too.
But he won't.
It will be same old, same old...
...ramblings and cheese-talk.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I know WAY more about Obama's plans than
WHY?
Romney doesn't take any non pre approved questions from the press.
That does not worry anyone?

Romney has made no tangible statements as to what he'll do.
Except pie in sky quotes that have no way of being fact checked
He'll tell us after he's elected.

How has this guy made it this far?
Oh wait, I think I know.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

If he is to have any chance of winning back any of his disenchanted former supporters, Obama is going to have to come up with something better than a continuation of "what we started in the first four years". In order to bring them "back into the fold" and to bring undecideds over to his side he will have to come up with something new and it must be detailed, decisive and logical- and must have an exact plan on how to pay for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I know WAY more about Obama's plans than
WHY?
Romney doesn't take any non pre approved questions from the press.
That does not worry anyone?

Romney has made no tangible statements as to what he'll do.
Except pie in sky quotes that have no way of being fact checked
He'll tell us after he's elected.

How has this guy made it this far?
Oh wait, I think I know.

Yup, I know too, it involves helmets and short bus riding voters.

Romney and Ryan are gonna inact the most amazing corporatist agenda
That has even been implemented.

No more minimum wage!
edit on 22-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

He won't. If he actually had a viable plan, he would have already presented it.
Ditto Romney. If he had specifics, they would have already been presented.
Neither one does. They both are just dodging and misleading ....

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mitt is man with the Witt - Romney's the man with the Plan.

Bama got no plan and no wit either.............
AND Its impossible to outline objectives that are non-existent - other than a complete and total destruction of the USA and for that there is NO outline - Ya No?

Mitt's gonna bring an empty chair onto the stage and order Bama0Man to SIT AND LISTEN while I show ya how its done..........

edit on 22-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

AND Its impossible to outline objectives that are non-existent - other than a complete and total destruction of the USA and for that there is NO outline - Ya No?

Mitts plan is to give the banks and Wall Street another go at the economy

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Mitt's PLAN is gonna be to bring an empty chair onto the stage and order Bama0Man to SIT AND LISTEN while I show ya how its done..........

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Mitt's PLAN is gonna be to bring an empty chair onto the stage and order Bama0Man to SIT AND LISTEN while I show ya how its done..........

I doubt he is gonna outline how he will let the banks further drain America... But he might

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Jaellma

If he is to have any chance of winning back any of his disenchanted former supporters, Obama is going to have to come up with something better than a continuation of "what we started in the first four years". In order to bring them "back into the fold" and to bring undecideds over to his side he will have to come up with something new and it must be detailed, decisive and logical- and must have an exact plan on how to pay for it.

This is one supporter he never lost and I know I am not alone.

Thank you for the stars fellow dems. Four More Years Yes !
edit on 22-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I hear you but you have to remember people have short memories. It is good to say what you did for the past 4 years but folks don't really want to hear that. They want to know what you will do for them within the next 4 years. You have to sell a plan if you are looking for reelection.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He won't. If he actually had a viable plan, he would have already presented it.
Ditto Romney. If he had specifics, they would have already been presented.
Neither one does. They both are just dodging and misleading ....

Are you one of those undecideds? I cannot actually believe that anyone who plans to vote does not know who they will vote for already. But no, didnt you say you were voting for Gary Johnson?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Mitt's gonna bring an empty chair onto the stage and order Bama0Man to SIT AND LISTEN while I show ya how its done..........

edit on 22-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text

Oh what clever words, you could be an ad man !
Hey shouldnt that " Ya No?" at the end of your second to last sentence be "Ya know? "
Yeah, I could see Mitt doing that, he's made a few blunderous moves like it in the past so why not. Go to England and insult your host. Yeah, thats the diplomat coming out in him. While his supporters use words like gonna and ya no. Like "some day I'm gonna get an education ya no?"

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Nothing more to add? You're as one trick pony as Mitt is.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

The only people who dont think he has a plan are the ones who have not researched or listened to him in the first place. The plan, the one that is bringing the economy back in slow but steady strides, is moving us forward, is insuring our secure place in the world and is not insulting the rest of the planet like they dont really matter in the first place. Mitts your man only if you're white and rich.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sorry, but from what I have seen, the only thing funny about Mitt Romney is that his hair looks like Fisher Price made it.

Now onto the OP in general....

I honestly think that the Obama camp knows how modern society works. We're all about sound bytes and Tweets. Substance, sadly, seems to matter less than the marketability of the catch phrase. I predict a George HW - "thousand points of light, wouldn't be prudent" approach.

The less you promise up front, the fewer lies you have to tell to explain it all away later. America has become a drunken one night stand - and any current POTUS is simply that conquest that leaves a 555- phone number on the night stand and never calls again.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

]
bad link trying again

www.jrjgames.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In a perfect world, each candidate would lay out what they are going to do in the next 4 years. Even empty promises are better than rhetoric on what hasn't happened the last 4, or how we need more time.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Both were more interested in 'zinging' the other and neither one really gave a plan for the next four years. Not a plan that had any kind of details or information or specifics. Just the usual campaign promises ... promises which usually are broken in the first few weeks anyways.

new topics

top topics

join