It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I had Hair, They Would Have Been Sticking Straight UP !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have had many paranormal experiences in my lifetime, but one of them stands out more than the others.

I think you have to believe they are possible to actually be aware of them when they happen.

I was laying in bed one night, and was in what I considered to be a fairly deep sleep, felt this cold air rush over me and something grabbed my foot and woke me up! Now this was winter time, no a/c on and I was single at the time, so, I was by myself. I had this very strange feeling that someone close to me had ascended.

I was getting ready for work and the phone rang. It was my cousin Peter. I told him, before he told me, why he was calling and he told me to sit down, that his brother had died that morning. It was his 30th birthday and I was going to call him that day, I was not told he was ill, but the family respected his wishes not to inform us.

I get chills whenever I remember this day.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi ascension211,

I believe your story, I really do, but this...

I think you have to believe they are possible to actually be aware of them when they happen....

...and was in what I considered to be a fairly deep sleep

Makes no sense at all.

Deep sleep + awareness =

(Just pointing it out, sorry)

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Hi ascension211,

I believe your story, I really do, but this...

I think you have to believe they are possible to actually be aware of them when they happen....

...and was in what I considered to be a fairly deep sleep

Makes no sense at all.

Deep sleep + awareness =

(Just pointing it out, sorry)

Peace

I think what she's saying is, you have to be open and aware these things can happen before you can accept that a certain experience is paranormal. Otherwise, a person would just shrug it off without realizing it's significance.

That's a moving story, ascension211. I'm sorry to hear about your brother.
How long ago did this happen?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It was my cousin that died that day, and you are correct in your assessment of what I tried to articulate. And thank you, this happened 2O years ago. Here is the other strange part to this story though that I did not mention. When we were younger and I was visiting them one summer after camp, I went into his room to listen to a great new album he was playing, Kansas, and the first song I heard was Carry ON My Wayward Son and we rocked out to it. The morning I woke up, they day he ascended, I was listening to my radio and the song Carry On My Wayward Son was playing and I remembered that, then the phone rang. Strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

What she said!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am a male Sled. Not that it matters, but you referred to me as a she. Maybe it is my avatar, or the fact you think of me as sensitive, I see your unicorn and I assume you are a she, but your name suggest otherwise. funny how we do that, huh. Either way you seem to echo many of my feelings thus far, perhaps we are kindred souls from the same circle. Or maybe just a coincidence, either way you come across as very genuine and I really appreciate it. Keep in touch, feel free to contact me privately anytime.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by sled735

It was my cousin that died that day, and you are correct in your assessment of what I tried to articulate. And thank you, this happened 2O years ago. Here is the other strange part to this story though that I did not mention. When we were younger and I was visiting them one summer after camp, I went into his room to listen to a great new album he was playing, Kansas, and the first song I heard was Carry ON My Wayward Son and we rocked out to it. The morning I woke up, they day he ascended, I was listening to my radio and the song Carry On My Wayward Son was playing and I remembered that, then the phone rang. Strange indeed.

Yeah, I misread that, thinking it was your brother. Sometimes I go through things too fast because I'm usually in a hurry during my work week.

Awesome!
Gave me chills about the song playing.
Our loved ones will communicate with us through music, or electrical devices trying to let us know they are still around when they pass.(I'm sure you know this already.)Great communication you received there!!!

I don't know if you have read my story anywhere ( I have it posted in several threads ) about my second husband contacting me after he died in an auto accident, but he came through the radio one night when I was lying in bed crying, and said, "Don't cry. I'm at peace. I'm at peace." Then he faded out, and the music returned. I never cried again. That gave me so much peace inside... I can't describe it!!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

No bashing here, I just want to point out that in order to take this as a verified paranormal experience it would have to happen all the time. Otherwise, it's just coincidence.

Even I have had some very strange things happen. I don't drink, so I am sober when I go to bed at night. There have been at least five times in my life that I've woken up totally naked when I KNOW I at least had underwear on when I went to bed. I remember waking and saying WTF??? And these articles of clothing were nowhere in sight.

The truth has to be that I just forgot taking all my clothes off and putting them in the hamper. It has to be that.

I've mentioned this before that I don't watch any sports. Someone asked me what the score would be in the last superbowl. I told them it would be Giants 21 - Pats 17. It wasn't a guess. Somewhere inside me I just knew it. And, it was verified when my buddy pounded on my door and woke me up to say that I jinxed the game!
How could I know the score? I want to believe it was supernatural, but it was just coincidence. Why would some otherworldly being whisper the score to me? What's the point? It didn't change anything.

It is the same with your experience. What would be the point in knowing that your cousin passed away? It didn't change anything.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I am a male Sled. Not that it matters, but you referred to me as a she. Maybe it is my avatar, or the fact you think of me as sensitive, I see your unicorn and I assume you are a she, but your name suggest otherwise. funny how we do that, huh. Either way you seem to echo many of my feelings thus far, perhaps we are kindred souls from the same circle. Or maybe just a coincidence, either way you come across as very genuine and I really appreciate it. Keep in touch, feel free to contact me privately anytime.

Oh..... humm..........
Subconscious taking over. I didn't even realize I had referenced a gender to you.
Yeah, I'm a SHE.
I think it was your avatar that made me think you were female, but it doesn't matter one way or the other. Your title should have given me a big hint, huh? LOL!
I think you are correct... we are kindred spirits, here in the same "class room" this time around.

edit on 10/22/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It happens to a lot of people after a family member dies.
My great grandma visited my mom. Sat on the end of her bed, and then when my mom woke up in the morning, she found out her grandma died.
This is not an uncommon paranormal experience. Many cases of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by jiggerj

No bashing here, I just want to point out that in order to take this as a verified paranormal experience it would have to happen all the time. Otherwise, it's just coincidence.

Sir, with all due respect, there is no such thing as coincidence. Everything has a reason for happening. It is up to us to look inside and see what that reason is.

I accidentally deleted the part about your cloths disappearing, but sounds like someone is trying very hard to get your attention!

I've mentioned this before that I don't watch any sports. Someone asked me what the score would be in the last superbowl. I told them it would be Giants 21 - Pats 17. It wasn't a guess. Somewhere inside me I just knew it. And, it was verified when my buddy pounded on my door and woke me up to say that I jinxed the game! How could I know the score? I want to believe it was supernatural, but it was just coincidence. Why would some otherworldly being whisper the score to me? What's the point? It didn't change anything.

It doesn't matter how insignificant something seems to be, it is a way for validation that someone is communicating with you from the other side.
I once had my guide tell me the outcome of something unexpected to happen on a talent show before it happened, and it happen just the way he/she said. I don't know.... maybe "they" just get in a talking mood sometimes, and want to discuss what we are feeding into our brain? Ha!

It is the same with your experience. What would be the point in knowing that your cousin passed away? It didn't change anything.

It probably did change something. I'm sure it gave him great peace inside hearing the music and being tugged by his cousin. He wanted to say good-bye because he didn't get to before he died, so he did it afterwards.

edit on 10/22/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by jiggerj

It happens to a lot of people after a family member dies.
My great grandma visited my mom. Sat on the end of her bed, and then when my mom woke up in the morning, she found out her grandma died.
This is not an uncommon paranormal experience. Many cases of it.

Oh no, I'm not doubting the experience at all. I'm saying I believe it's quite normal, as opposed to paranormal. Just because we don't understand something it doesn't mean there isn't a rational, down-to-earth explanation for it.

Our senses pick up a lot more than we give them credit for. When my Ex's grandfather unexpectedly died in his bed, the grandmother was in the living room, chatting with family and with the television on. From what I was told, the grandmother suddenly looked horrified and said something like, "I don't hear him breathing anymore (meaning the grandfather)". The grandfather wasn't one to snore, so he was very quiet when he slept. And yet, the grandmother heard him stop breathing.

How did the OP know the cousin had died? I don't know, but someday I bet we'll find a scientific explanation for it, rather than some metaphysical mumbo-jumbo. These events are real, so they must therefore have a good explanation.
edit on 10/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
i]Originally posted by jiggerj

Sir, with all due respect, there is no such thing as coincidence.

Please don't take my use of 'coincidence' out of context. Surely, you must know that I meant of sound and earthly origin as opposed to something supernatural? You could fly to another country, find your next door neighbor in a restaurant there and say, "What a coincdence,' even though there's a good solid reason for both of you traveling to that country.

edit on 10/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

It doesn't matter how insignificant something seems to be, it is a way for validation that someone is communicating with you from the other side.

Oh, please don't go there. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

My condolences for your loss. It does happen to some people, and really I think it's pretty neat about hearing the significant song you mutually shared. If he had anything to do with it, it was kind of a gift to you. At least, I'd take it that way.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I didn't take offense to any of the responses thus far. I'm pretty sure I have had many paranormal experiences, did not they this was the only one. However, there is paranormal and psychic intuition, I tend to separate these. What I felt that day was otherworldly, because of the song and the touching of my foot, the psychic part of it was that I was able to recognize what I was feeling because I was tuned in to it.

Paranormal is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920[1][2]) that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation"[3] or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read more: www.answers.com...

I happen to believe we all have psychic intuition, so it is not paranormal, but not all of us come in contact with ascended beings in this manner, paranormal.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I wasn't sure about which article you were referring to in my reincarnation thread. That is a strong experience you had, I will try to locate the thread and give it my full attention. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to take some of these Avatar/Names seriously?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Give me a specific thread title, so I can read it, having trouble!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Give me a specific thread title, so I can read it, having trouble!

My paranormal thread is linked in my signature, but here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are 85 pages right now, so I hope you have some free time!

I'm not sure which post you want to read. If you tell me maybe I can give you an idea of where it's located. I have so many different experiences all through the thread. It takes on different topics though out the thread too.
There are some good communications posted by Alfred2012 with messages he received from his guide. He came on the thread on page 41, but gets into detail a few pages over..... and beyond.
Lots of unbelievable stories about ghosts, UFOs, ETs, dreams, etc. You name it, it's there! Enjoy!

ETA: Oh... you are talking about the one I posted above. I just went back to see what I had posted. (I've been posting in several different threads, so I forgot.) I'll have to go through my thread when I get time and get back to you where that one is posted. I have to go to bed in a few minutes. My eyes are burning looking at this screen after being up all night at work.
I'll try to find it for you later today.
edit on 10/23/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

top topics

<<   2 >>

join