It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it goes on.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOwned
reply to post by Alfie1

The other day when they caught that lone guy intent on blowing up the Federal Reserve building I caught the gist of it on CNN. I turned to my buddy and I said, "I bet the FBI was involved in that..."

Not 6 seconds later, Wolf Blitzer or whoever it was reporting on CNN said, "The plot was uncovered during an FBI sting operation..." I pointed at the TV, turned to my friend and said "See." Lol

Cheers

It's funny bro, because every domestic terror case is usually a sting operation. I graduated high school with this kid who was in SPECIAL ED. He turned out to be a "terrorist". Everybody in my graduating class knew this kid was 100% incapable of doing anything close to terrorism.

NJ men accused of trying to join Somali terrorists arrested before boarding flights out of US

ELMWOOD PARK, N.J. (AP) —
They were recorded talking jihad against their fellow Americans. But they hadn't talked the jihadists into accepting them.When the two New Jersey men tried to fly out of New York's Kennedy Airport in hopes of getting terror training in Somalia, investigators who had been following them for years were waiting for each of them at the gate, officials said Sunday.

Mohamed Mahmood Alessa, 20, and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 24, were arrested Saturday before they could board separate flights to Egypt and then continue on to Somalia, federal officials in New Jersey and the New York Police Department said.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you think I'm joking:

Jersey Jihadist Carlos Almonte is an idiot, says former computer shop boss

He wasn't the brains of the operation.

Carlos Almonte, one of the terror suspects busted at Kennedy Airport, stunned co-workers at a New Jersey computer shop with his stupidity.

"I'm telling you, this kid is not smart," said a supervisor. "The simplest stuff we told him to do, he couldn't - like organize this with that."

Almonte worked at the store for more than a year, but quit about two weeks ago, saying life's "too expensive" in the Garden State, the supervisor said.

"We were planning to lay him off, but he beat us to it," said the boss, who spoke on the condition that his name and the shop not be identified.

www.nydailynews.com...

Every serious domestic terror threat is usually an FBI sting with the FBI being the ones to give these people fake explosives. The war on terror is nothing but a sham. If you remember back to 2001, after 9/11, there were all these reports of a massive amount of terror cells within the United States. Has anyone heard of an al-qaeda terror cell that has been broken up since 9/11? 11 years and still the only al-qaeda terrorists to be on American soil are those who were allegedly involved in 9/11.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I would love for it to have been so simply, a bunch of religious fanatics living in caves. Sadly, it wasn't so cut and paste, and if you are so sure the answer is staring you in the face, why wouldn't you want this investigated to the fullest? I mean, if you are so sure you are right, why not prove it and shut the rest of us up for good?

If you were standing at a bus stop and see a truck veer off the road and into a building and watch the ensuing fire the beliefs of a hanfull of people on the web mean nothing to you.

I wonder how many people who lived in NYC on that day believe there is a conspiracy.

Exactly! You should wonder how many people standing in front of the buildings when they started exploding that day believe that it was firecrackers and jet fuel that destroyed them?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Exactly! You should wonder how many people standing in front of the buildings when they started exploding that day believe that it was firecrackers and jet fuel that destroyed them?

If the overall interest in the 911 section is an indication the conspiracy theory has run its course.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

that fateful day in 2001

Sorry, I always giggle when I read this. It's such a cliche. And so earnest.

The trouble is, the official story has changed somewhat over the years, but I stand by what I wrote. The reason why conspiracy theorists bring them up is because it's total B.S..

Please, feel free to educate us on what the "official story" officially is.

You would expect a lie to remain constant, but an (admittedly imperfect) effort at explanation from a variety of sources to change as the years pass and more information comes to light.

To attempt an answer: the Official Story is a shorthand invented by conspiracy theorists. In some ways it's useful, but when it's used to imply that by definition there is an orchestrated fabrication used to explain the events then it's at best a circular piece of logic.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

Do you think that a majority of eyewitnesses think that the buildings were blown up?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If the overall interest in the 911 section is an indication the conspiracy theory has run its course.

The overall interest in the 9/11 section has declined because of two things:

1. The take over by JREFers who are annoyingly within the TOS but still skirt the edge to bait other posters to jump over that edge and get banned.

2. The biased ATS moderators who let it happen and willingly ban the opposite side when that side has had enough.

It has nothing to do with the conspiracy theory running it's course.

I know that is the reason I hardly ever come here.

edit on 23-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist

So because three people were prevented from possibly commiting an act of terrorism, that mean's 9/11 CAN ONLY have been done by terrorists?

No...but it does mean that terorists are far and above the most likely suspect. Everything involved in the 9/11 attack was already done by terrorists at one point or another...

-They were brazen enough to pull off very public attacks that shocked the world like the Munich Olympics attack.
-They had the desire to kill themselves in order to kill many people, such as the truck bombing of the Beiruit marine barracks
-They've coordinated multiple plane hijackings when they flew three hijacked planes out to the Jordanian desert and blew them up back in the 70's
-They've expended great efforts to attack targets with little to no strategic value, such as the Achille Lauro cruise ship hijacking
-Plus, they've already attacked the WTC in 1993
-Plus, we're still seeing attempted terrorist attacks even now, like the foiled Christmas bombing in Utah and the foiled Federal Reserve bombing in NYC.

...so it's unrealistic to the point of being an political agenda to make it a policy of ignoring the most likely culprit and go looking under rocks and rooting through dumpsters seeking some secret conspiracy to take over the world. When a child goes missing and is later found murdered, there's a reason why the first thing police do is to go through their book of registered child molesters living nearby. This is the point the OP wanted to make, and I agree with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Do you think that a majority of eyewitnesses think that the buildings were blown up?

I don't know all eyewitnesses, so I cannot say that its a majority. But I know that most if not all witnesses that I personally know believe that explosions they saw heard and felt were some kind of secondary explosives. Firemen don't know what it was but they do know that things were exploding in areas that had no fire anywhere near them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If the ATS flags and stars rating system is an indication the coincidence theory has run its course.

Maybe you should give your buddy a flag or a star...
Just saying...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I would love for it to have been so simply, a bunch of religious fanatics living in caves. Sadly, it wasn't so cut and paste, and if you are so sure the answer is staring you in the face, why wouldn't you want this investigated to the fullest? I mean, if you are so sure you are right, why not prove it and shut the rest of us up for good?

If you were standing at a bus stop and see a truck veer off the road and into a building and watch the ensuing fire the beliefs of a hanfull of people on the web mean nothing to you.

I wonder how many people who lived in NYC on that day believe there is a conspiracy.

Millions watched President Johnson in 1964 tell them that the North Vietnamese had fired on 2 American Destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin, this was the catalyst that gave America its excuse to enter into the conflict which resulted in tens of thousands of American lives. This incident, as the President described it, is now known to have never happened.
Just because you see something on TV does not mean you are getting the entire story.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Millions watched President Johnson in 1964 tell them that the North Vietnamese had fired on 2 American Destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin, this was the catalyst that gave America its excuse to enter into the conflict which resulted in tens of thousands of American lives. This incident, as the President described it, is now known to have never happened.
Just because you see something on TV does not mean you are getting the entire story.

Nice. See this link (I posted earlier in the thread)
proving over and over again that 9/11 was a faked media extravaganza with fake
terrorists, faked plane crashes, and most shockingly of all, faked victims (as per operation northwoods).
That is why you do not see 20,000+ surviving family members baying for blood over what is,
even after a superficial glance at the 'evidence', a government conspiracy.

One has to wonder why the U.S. government (and its cohorts) were so clumsy.
Perhaps they were meant to be implicated!

Also the 9/11 forum on ATS has been made too dangerous to post in.
One can get banned now at the drop of a hat.

A shame, but very telling.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

terrorists, faked plane crashes, and most shockingly of all, faked victims (as per operation northwoods).
That is why you do not see 20,000+ surviving family members baying for blood over what is,

So are you saying that the Jersey Girls are really secret government agents?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

But if we're to follow that entire conspiracy for the safe of conspiracy analogy, we'd need to believe the Viet Cong really never existed and Ho Chim Minh was secretly an employee of the CIA. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you really don't believe all the soldiers killed in Vietnam existed only on paper, all the war footage was filmed on a sound stage, and those North Vietnamese tanks rolling into the presidential palace in Saigon were holograms.

I agree that just becuase we see something on TV it means we're getting the entire story...but then again it doesn't necessarily mean the part of the story we do see has to be all fake, either.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

So are you saying that the Jersey Girls are really secret government agents?

Yes. All actors and co-conspirators, along with the rest of the 'victim' family member
public spokespersons.

Jersey Girls Con

Post taken from 9/11 Actors

We have been had Dave. Bigtime.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by homervb

Every serious domestic terror threat is usually an FBI sting with the FBI being the ones to give these people fake explosives. The war on terror is nothing but a sham. If you remember back to 2001, after 9/11, there were all these reports of a massive amount of terror cells within the United States. Has anyone heard of an al-qaeda terror cell that has been broken up since 9/11? 11 years and still the only al-qaeda terrorists to be on American soil are those who were allegedly involved in 9/11.

My understanding is that there have been several, fortunately aborted, attacks on US soil since 9/11.

So far as "stings" go perhaps you can explain to me how that works with innocent people. Can you sting people into blowing stuff up who never thought of it ? Can you sting people into going to Pakistan for terror training and into making martyrdom videos ?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

So far as "stings" go perhaps you can explain to me how that works with innocent people. Can you sting people into blowing stuff up who never thought of it ? Can you sting people into going to Pakistan for terror training and into making martyrdom videos ?

Why does an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute must wait for a John to ask for services?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

Why does an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute must wait for a John to ask for services?

You seem to be agreeing with my point. "Stings" require the subjects to be proactive. You don't get innocent people accepting explosives from anyone or partaking in terror planning with anyone unless they are up for it in the first place.

I read homervb above as suggesting that any domestic terrorism in the US since 9/11 was all down to the wicked machinations of the FBI preying on the guiltless.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Maybe want to brush up your history cowboy....

There were 2 incindents

First one - August 2 1964

Destroyer MADDOX on patrol was attacked by 3 North Vietnamese P4 torpedo boats

During resulting batttle, MADDOX evaded torpedoes and fired back at them, aircraft from USS TICONDEROGA
came to support the MADDOX

1 torpedo boat was left dead in water and 2 more damaged

MADDOX was hit by single heavy machine gun round

Second incident August 4, 1064

Destroyers MADDOX and TURNER JOY on patrol pickied up radar targets and heard noises on sonar

Beleiving under attack began firing on what believed were North Vietnam torpedo boats, aircraft were lauched
from TICONDEROGA

Analysis years later concluded this attack was probably attempt to salvage torpedo boat disabled 2 days earlier

Johnson used these incidents to justify attacking North Vietnam - here conspiracy types are correct that
incident was blown up by Johnson and his advisors

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist

So because three people were prevented from possibly commiting an act of terrorism, that mean's 9/11 CAN ONLY have been done by terrorists?

No...but it does mean that terorists are far and above the most likely suspect.

No. Three guys being arrested in the UK on terrorism charges does not mean terrorists were the most likely suspects of the 9/11 events which happened in the US, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Everything involved in the 9/11 attack was already done by terrorists at one point or another...

-They were brazen enough to pull off very public attacks that shocked the world like the Munich Olympics attack.
-They had the desire to kill themselves in order to kill many people, such as the truck bombing of the Beiruit marine barracks
-They've coordinated multiple plane hijackings when they flew three hijacked planes out to the Jordanian desert and blew them up back in the 70's
-They've expended great efforts to attack targets with little to no strategic value, such as the Achille Lauro cruise ship hijacking
-Plus, they've already attacked the WTC in 1993
-Plus, we're still seeing attempted terrorist attacks even now, like the foiled Christmas bombing in Utah and the foiled Federal Reserve bombing in NYC.

...so it's unrealistic to the point of being an political agenda to make it a policy of ignoring the most likely culprit and go looking under rocks and rooting through dumpsters seeking some secret conspiracy to take over the world. When a child goes missing and is later found murdered, there's a reason why the first thing police do is to go through their book of registered child molesters living nearby. This is the point the OP wanted to make, and I agree with it.

Everything you have said just goes to show how easy is it to make people believe what you want them to believe.

Seeking the truth is in no way a political agenda. Those people who can see 9/11 as being staged, just want to know the truth. It is not a political movement, there is nothing for the truth movement to gain, other than probably being able to get some sleep for some of them.

However, ask yourself about government and politicians. Politicians are psychopathic personalities, they have a desire/need to control people. Striking fear into people allows them to get that control. There is your political agenda. Whether or not the agenda is about taking over the world, I very much doubt. But it does allow them to pass draconian laws which infringe on your liberties, because people will believe it is for their own protection.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But if we're to follow that entire conspiracy for the safe of conspiracy analogy, we'd need to believe the Viet Cong really never existed and Ho Chim Minh was secretly an employee of the CIA.

Why? Who do we need to believe nothing of the Vietnam war never existed? Because the Gulf of Tonkin was literally a false flag statement made by the President we automatically have to believe every other aspect of Vietnam was fabricated? No, this is you trying to turn this around to make it sound ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join