It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sattelites for hire when UFO flaps happen, worth considering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Were you aware that day-to-day imagery sattelites are available for public hire?

E.g. check out Astrium's new Pléiades Sattelite:
www.astrium-geo.com...

Consider this classic sattelite UFO image from 1971:

Imagine there was a UFO flap (a wave happening over a period of time) somewhere, would it be reasonable to try to photograph UFOs from space?

Resolution down to 50cm with the Pléiades Sattelite. It is made for civil and military purposes.

My knowledge about the operations of such devices is minimal. E.g., can they take a series of photos within a short time, making it a viable tool? Or is it more like one pic pr. orbit? Mind you, I haven't even considered cost for private hire

And another note, I also can't help wonder if there are hidden treasures in some sattelite archives about events that already took place? Like O'Hare 2007 or other incidents where we know exactly what to look for. Am I over-estimating the coverage by even considering this, would it be like a one-in-a million type of scenario?

Regardless, in case of future flap, should we ask some rich guy to step up with some dough for hiring sattelites?

edit on 22-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Id say its not worth it....its £8000 for 1 picture

Look through the price list they vary quite a lot. Higher resolution images from 2.5m are $8k, there are things there for $300 but i dont think they are the images you would want?? I dont know lol, seems a lot of money for a couple of pictures that most likely wont show anything
edit on 22-10-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Id say its not worth it....its £8000 for 1 picture..

Wuut, lol, that's a lot of money!

Well, I guess 'shooting from the hip' is out of the question

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

I could be wrong, that was the price of a 2.5m picture....i dont know if you get more than one image?? I dont realy want to put in my card details and try for that sort of money though lol

top topics

join