It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO True Story by Ross Nesbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Found this video posted and thought I would share, certainly makes for an enthralling tale

A run of the mill guy and his friend have an encounter with a UFO in 1967:

This is the account of a true UFO story that my father experienced. For you to fully understand how credible this is, I must tell you a little something about him. My father is old school. He does not believe in TV, Radio, Music, Movies ect. He comes from the times of the Great Depression. He has absolutely no imagination. NONE. So when he tells you a story like this, its not like some entertainment, media fed, slack jawed, mindless puppet... like you. Sitting in front of a computer watching this. Its the Real Deal. P.S. sorry about the mindless puppet comment, hehe just thought it was funny.

www.liveleak.com...

Now I enjoyed it up until the end, I'd have gone over too without hesitation.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My father is old school. He does not believe in TV, Radio, Music, Movies ect. He comes from the times of the Great Depression. He has absolutely no imagination. NONE. So when he tells you a story like this, its not like some entertainment, media fed, slack jawed, mindless puppet... like you. Sitting in front of a computer watching this.

So we are all just mindless puppets

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Lol tru or not, that fine gentleman can tell me a story from his past about anything he wants and I would listen. Reminded me of my gramps, thanks for sharing...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Water off a ducks back and I'm sure the poster didn't mean it mate, still an interesting tale.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

My father is old school. He does not believe in TV, Radio, Music, Movies ect. He comes from the times of the Great Depression. He has absolutely no imagination. NONE. So when he tells you a story like this, its not like some entertainment, media fed, slack jawed, mindless puppet... like you. Sitting in front of a computer watching this.

Hey, be quiet, you sad puppet, and enjoy your steady diet of crazy notions and lies from all them newfangled machines like the radio and the telegraph and printed word books from that no-good Gutenberg guy!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

what is the basis for his claim that " it wasnt of eartthy origin " ?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Waste of flame. If you go to the link provided you see these are not even the OP's words and he/she also says this:

P.S. sorry about the mindless puppet comment, hehe just thought it was funny.

edit on 22-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Can someone post the main points of the story?
My Ipad won't open, download the file.
Thanks
Maybe a little info from the Op?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Very credible encounter. Believe the man is telling the truth since any likely motive to lie is missing. He doesn't show characteristics of a liar. It is not that fantastic a tale and I think a hoaxer might embellish more. It is interesting his friend was never able to speak of it to anyone else. He probably figured no one would believe him although I'm certain this surviving guy in the video must have figured that too. The deceased friend must have been profoundly impacted and unable to reconcile such a sight with his finite knowledge of the world. I think it shows our mind better serves us as an adaptable, flexible, assistant rather than a stagnant, fixed dictator.

S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

what is the basis for his claim that " it wasnt of eartthy origin " ?

Probably the same way I can tell a man made house from a bee hive. I may not be able to tell you who made the man made house but I CAN eliminate the bees. Being an earthling himself he is aware of our present limitations, skills and ability and this being an intelligently controlled 50 foot ball of light that traveled over treetops, and landed in a field, surpassed those limitations by a good amount? I'm guessing here but maybe.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EcoMan

I can't find a transcript but maybe you have better luck with the youtube video?

Anyway here are the highlights:
Ross Nesbit and a friend driving on a desolate road 1967 and see a UFO fly by over the treetops. It is a ball of light about as big as "an average bedroom" and a little taller than it was wide traveling about 50 mph, no other features could be seen. It made no noise at all. After driving along some more the same UFO passed them again, this time coming back. When they finally reached their destination, the same ball of light was seen by both men hovering a half mile or so away and then it seemed to land. This guy telling the story (Ross) wanted to go see what it was but his friend said no, and wouldn't give him keys to the vehicle. Same friend was so shaken up after it happened although the 2 men spoke about it to each other, the friend (now deceased) never mentioned the event to others.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks mate, should've checked YT

Obviously him saying "it wasn't of earthly origin" is his opinion and the fact his friend never ever talked about the incident does raise a few eyebrows over this encounter. Did his friend perhaps think the same as he did?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thanks, that worked just fine.
Interesting story, very credibly told. Not enough to go on, but nice to hear these old timers telling it like they saw it. Pity his friend wouldn't let him get closer. This kind of encounter might well be once in a lifetime and to come so close yet not go that extra mile must have eaten at him all these years.
Thanks Op for an interesting post.
Why did he have his eyes shut all through the video?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

i no they were not aimed at OP
sorry if it hurt anyones feelings

they were meant for the mans son who said them from the linkwww.liveleak.com...

new topics

top topics

join