It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people believe in things anymore, or just ways of life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Reading the post on the front page, the one about the US drones above the consulate getting pwnt, I find everyone is asking; why wasn't there a US Intervention? Why wasn't there a war call, right then and there- why not start the 9/11-esque grievance and go waste a bunch of people for the safety of our 'ambassadors' to gold backed societies and the safety of our minivans parked thousands of miles away?

The same people crying out about the way we reacted, as a society towards 9/11, are condemning more to die. When will the bloodlust of Americans be satisfied?
There is no political marker for many of these people. They just go with the flow, avoiding any ebbing. If people are pissed at Iraq, as will they be. Iran? Syria? Libya? N.K.? Russia? China?

I assume the people on this site, from the US, are still patriots. No matter what our current gov't is up to, this country was founded by great men for great purposes. We must realize that our ways are tainted, and reset before its too late.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WTF?

That's the way most folks think. Also, thats the way I thought when I read your post. In regards to your post all

I got to say is I got 1 vote and can write to my reps/congress men and protest if I want (but gotta pay my bills so

don't got time to do no protesting with them dudes)

So, I just try to keep my catbox clean and do my best.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Status quo, is their belief. Gotta have, gotta have, gotta have. Can't live without!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Eh sometimes it feels like I'm the only person I know capable of critical thinking

Sometimes I feel like a troll as I cannot help but think people are complete idiots, even the affluent well educated ones...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

The question you ask in your thread title is, if you will forgive me for saying so, a little obtuse. People believe in things, have faith, have political ideals, and have morals. But GROUPS of people, even those with grand intentions, are a different story. If you collect enough people in one place, or unite enough people under a banner, and regardless of thier intent, of thier faith, and regardless of thier individual moral capacity, the majority of people become savages and extremists.

It is the rare person who can be part of a crowd, without sublimating his or her own morality in defference to the group mind.

The mistake that we make is relying, despite any stimulus applied to, or by society, on societies ability to operate in a manner which we would find acceptable as individuals. The truth is that although most people are pretty much decent and fairminded, when operating as a single entity, even a group of good people can do monsterous things, and allow monsterous things to be done in thier name.

new topics

top topics

join