It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, I am glad to have found you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hello fellow humans.

Firstly I want to apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes in advance, for English is my second language.

I am very glad to have found ATS, and like I noticed many post, I have read quite a bit before making an account. I guess you can say I do not open up easily, even online.

I was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 6 years before the war started. Google "Bosnia war" if you are interested. Being a war child, I feel has had some effects on my growing process, possibly even my train of thought.

I lived in Bosnia during the whole war, and though I don't remember much I do remember some things, like the sounds of the mortars whistling through the air and landing very close by. I remember running away with my mother, seeking bomb shelter, at many times of the day and night.

Like many people in Bosnia during that time, we sought a way out. We wanted no part of it, we just wanted to live peacefully. So in 1996 my parents managed to get the government of Canada to sponsor us, that has been my home now for about 15 years, and I love the country.

I guess you can say I am a happy person, and very friendly. I prefer no conflict if possible. I love the people in my life, my family, and my friends.

So enough about all that, if you would like to know more, I would love to talk to you.

Like I said, I have been "creeping" (if you want to put it that way) this website for a while now, probably about a year, maybe less, mainly because of certain experiences in my life, most of which I do not remember in full detail to explain here.

Although one experience, that happened to me a little over 3 weeks ago has pretty much forced me to make an account on ATS. I am unsure what it is, and I don't like drawing blanks.

I was with my girlfriend at her house, about 1 hour into sleep (around midnight), now I am unsure if I was dreaming or not, but what I do know is this felt all too real to be a dream, but then again I could be wrong, my dreams can feel very real sometimes.

In the split second this "feeling" came to me, I felt like my whole body was "buzzing" or "vibrating", with the uneasy feeling of having absolutely zero control of the situation. I tried to shout "HELP!" because I thought something seriously wrong was happening to me. My shouts were barely whispers, I could not yell at all. Two seconds later i snapped out of it, sweating, scared, I started crying. Keep in mind I do not do drugs of any kind, although I like to have a drink occasionally. This night, and 10+ days previous to this, I had nothing to drink.

I wish someone could guide me to some lead, I would really like to know what happened to me. This is unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

I have always loved this website, since I found it. I am glad to be here, and I really hope to meet some interesting people.

Love and peace to everyone.

dubz

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dubznow

Welcome to the tribe.

Glad to have you here.

beez

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you beezzer!

dubz

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Welcome! Your story is quite amazing. So is your english! Muy impressive!!!

About your dream....Sounds to me like OBE or possibly sleep paralysis?

Warning: You will probably become very addicted to this site.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have read some things about OBE's, but sleep paralysis? It's google time!
I do not doubt being addicted to the website, for I already am addicted hehe.
Thank you for the sincere welcome!

dubz

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When you are brain is in a state between consciousness and sleep it apparently taps into the parts of the brain we do not use. Check out Edgar Cayce. I have had some experiences with that mental state. It can be manipulated intentionally.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dubznow

Welcome to the ATS Family. It sounds like you will fit in well here, dubznow I'm glad you joined. I hope you find the answers you a looking for...

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dubznow

The vibration you felt was just your light body slightly out of synch with your physical body. It's sort of like dissonance in music. Being not completely attached to your body would make your body hard to move including your vocal chords. This is all assuming you were awake. It happens to me all the time.

The more you explore meditation and altered states of consciousness or the more tired you are or stressed the more this type of thing can happen.

Welcome to the forum.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very interesting this Edgar Cayce individual. Thank you everyone for your input, I will most definitely look into it.
I do admit tiredness and sleep deprivation is fairly normal to me, stress not so much.

dubz

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dubznow

Hello dubznow and welcome.

See you round,
By the way i think sleep paralysis is what you may have experienced

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dubznow

Welcome to the funny farm, we are all glad to talk with you I am sure, I know I am.

Your situation sounds to me to be "sleep paralysis".

Basically, when you sleep your brain turns your bodies, remote control system" off, so you don't do harm to yourself while your dreaming. In rare cases, people wake and the controls don't turn back on ikmediately. It was basically a computer glitch, it happens rarely to some, more often to some than others.

Your english and grammar are better than mine, and I speak only one one language, let's call it "bad english" as it isn't very good most of the time.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Waves hello! Welcome!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thank you for the guidance, JohnnyAnonymous. I should have looked before anything. I will most definitely look into it from now on. I also want to thank everyone else who replied, for the warm welcomes. Thank you all!

dubznow

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hello there! Welcome

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS dubznow !!

Correction to your title : ATS HAS FOUND YOU

flaggued to encourage you to post threads

edit on 10/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join