It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Deblur (get your blurry pictures out!!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The "Unsharp MasK" filter in Photoshop is based on a digital simulation of an analog process that originated in Europe in the mid-thirties, and did indeed involve a blurred interpos of a piece of film. The technique is about bringing up the contrast in high-frequency regions of an image.

I have a somewhat decent understanding of the various processes involved in photographic and digital sharpening, and I also have some knowledge of the limitations of desktop-level tools, especially free ones. Contrary to what someone posted, I never made a claim that this freeware tool could definitely bring a UFO out in a blurry shot.

I'll refrain from adding my input to ATS in the future. I should know better by now.

dB

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
The "Unsharp MasK" filter in Photoshop is based on a digital simulation of an analog process that originated in Europe in the mid-thirties, and did indeed involve a blurred interpos of a piece of film.

It sure did, and it sure does. Unsharp masks aren't deconvolution though. They won't retrieve anything that's 'gone'. If I have your implication correct? Otherwise am not sure what this is in reference to? No in an offensive way; I dunno maybe you just being helpful.

I have a somewhat decent understanding of the various processes involved in photographic and digital sharpening, and I also have some knowledge of the limitations of desktop-level tools, especially free ones.

Pretty sure no one was being harsh at you. From reading Phoenix's posts the person can sound very up front but I didn't take offense at it. My posts weren't actually aimed at you, they were discussing with Phoenix the difference between the two tools.

Take it easy!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

motion blur

8.8 length
-37 deg
75% smooth
edit on 27-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join