Evidence of Viking Outpost Found in Canada

page: 5
34
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by punkinworks10
reply to post by Hanslune
 


Fascinating stuff Hans

More sites will be found I'm sure
But like has been said they left a pretty light footprint that will be hard to find.
I bet that ant good sites further south would have been reoccupied by subsequent settlement and are buried underneath modern cities in many cases.


Most probably, a friend of mine has spent 45+ years looking for signs of Vikings in New England, if they were there their site was probably built over.

I'll speculate that their might be another site along the St Lawrence and perhaps a lumber camp in Labrador - somewhere too. Wood was needed in Greenland and Labrador had lots
edit on 22/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)


A little off topic, but what does your friend think of the Knights Templar providing Colombus with navigation details to the New World, and the Knights themselves having "disappeared" there following Viking/Scandanavian trade routes? There are many New England sites with a possible connection to the Knights, such as the Newport Tower.



the newport tower is the missing connection to my previous statement about columbus, verrazano, sinclair family.

yup..little rhody, that backwood ..seat of initial templar power in the new world?????




posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps
 


Howdy SuperTripps

Yes, how does the ruins of a colonial windmill fit in with one of the many Templar conspiracies?



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   


explain where the people of jonestown went.(ya pocahantis stuff)


I can answer that for you- Their psycho leader Jim Jones made them drink the poisoned Kool-Aid.

I think you meant Jamestown,Virginia where it actually flourished for quite a while...
reply to post by reficul
 



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh
 


ya you got me there! my ex girlfriend grew up in guyana,close to jonestown,right around the same period as the cool aid crew! my bad! sorry.
but that scene is a whole other twisted story!



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh
 
ya you got me there! my ex girlfriend grew up in guyana,close to jonestown,right around the same period as the cool aid crew! my bad!
Are you both talking about this? roanoke colony



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have a hunch men have chanced upon the Americas for thousands of years, lacked the knowledge that the vikings possessed to navigate back home, and subsequently influenced/integrated with local populations. We should give ancient man more credit, from what they've left behind they seemed to put a lot more thought and passion into their existence than most can admit too today. Who knows, maybe the fall of the Hopewell traditions had something to do with the Plague of Justinian? It's a small world after all



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomcake
Who knows, maybe the fall of the Hopewell traditions had something to do with the Plague of Justinian? It's a small world after all
My opinion on that matter is that the slave/serf population got tired of being regarded as 'stinkards'...took a look at the lush forests beyond the cornfields and said "Naw, I don't freakin' think so".

And split.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by SuperTripps
 


Howdy SuperTripps

Yes, how does the ruins of a colonial windmill fit in with one of the many Templar conspiracies?


the so called windmill has been already proven not to be a colonial windmill. there is no record of it being built or how it was built. benedict arnold mentions it in his will. many have studied it and shows astrological alignments, even had a fireplace flue at the top. no windmill would have a second floor fire. too much to talk about really the DD is out there

arnold happens to own the land that its on. he happens to be rhode islands first governor!

his great grandson happens to be a traitor to the USA with the british because he was part of a secret society/likely of templar/mason origins

right next to this tower in newport...the US Naval officer candidate school was located in 1800s

there is a famous newport hotel called the viking. this info is 100s of years old and people continue to forget the true histories.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
this info is 100s of years old and people continue to forget the true histories.
I would suggest that is on account of no proof having been offered up. By all means, use imaginative theories to fuel research. But don't equate them with fact. You can't change history based upon intuitive leaps...that creates idiocracies.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: style, my man...style.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

]the so called windmill has been already proven not to be a colonial windmill. there is no record of it being built or how it was built. benedict arnold mentions it in his will. many have studied it and shows astrological alignments, even had a fireplace flue at the top. no windmill would have a second floor fire. too much to talk about really the DD is out there


Howdy SuperTripps

First you said it was proven, then gave a list of weak reasons, sorry not proven please look at the archaeological data. You may wish to look at the work of the Chronognostic Research Foundation

I mean really do you actually think that Benedict's political actions would somehow affect a building?









edit on 26/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune
 


My thought is they are old ruins that were at one time on or at the shore and are now under water.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug
reply to post by Hanslune
 


My thought is they are old ruins that were at one time on or at the shore and are now under water.


That is certainly possible but I would think it more probabe that they are located under existing urban sites - I hope to be proved wrong



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo
 


I agree with you there, vikings were a violent people and if they showed up with swords and chain mail and were met by half naked people with stone spears and axes.. Well I'd say they would probably just take what they want rather than trade for it. If I remember correctly there is a heritage commercial in canada about that site they found and it showed the indians busting in the vikings house and killing him... I know its just a commercial but it seems more likely to me that they were enemies as well.



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


Haha, more likely. They could both be linked to extreme weather conditions resulting from a proposed volcanic eruption in the southern hemisphere, I believe. A superstitious agrarian society such as the Hopewell probably thought several years of poor harvest's were an angry foray from the god's.



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomcake
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


Haha, more likely. They could both be linked to extreme weather conditions resulting from a proposed volcanic eruption in the southern hemisphere, I believe. A superstitious agrarian society such as the Hopewell probably thought several years of poor harvest's were an angry foray from the god's.
I base my observation...because that is all it is...upon the fact that the socially complex Mississippian cultures were highly stratified, the drone classes were ill-regarded, and all of this was conducted in an environment flush with fish, wild game and other handy foodstuffs. Extreme weather may have been a trigger, but ultimately - why not walk away from a bad deal?



posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


Something similar may have happened to the some of the Maya cities - the people either wandered off due to the reasons noted by Canuck above or the elites were killed and the cities had no more support. Cities do die, that is seen in the modern world too Detroit comes to mind also places like Wittenberg, Germany



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
Excellent post, I believe that the Vikings went as far south as the Caribbean. they were always in search of new lands to plunder or trade with, and their longboats were more than capable of allow such travel. Since they did have outposts in the America's, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine such a feat. For such "primitive" people, they sure got around. This is very cool news, thanks for posting it!


One thing I always found curious about the vikings and most germanic peoples, there is no talk of their ancient European history. We know a good deal about the various Ancient European peoples(most notably the Celts, Romans, Etruscans, Macedonians and Greeks), but the Vikings and Germanics appeared on the spot with a striking degree of technological capabilities, in terms of weaponry. The usage of Iron amongst those peoples is highly suspect, and their lack of interactions with the ancient world even more suspect.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

One thing I always found curious about the vikings and most germanic peoples, there is no talk of their ancient European history.


Sure there is but please define what you mean, they had different names before the Roman's started calling them Germani. They were first noted around the 2nd century BC, and they were certainly noted when the Teutons and Cimbri attacked Italy



We know a good deal about the various Ancient European peoples(most notably the Celts, Romans, Etruscans, Macedonians and Greeks), but the Vikings and Germanics appeared on the spot with a striking degree of technological capabilities, in terms of weaponry. The usage of Iron amongst those peoples is highly suspect, and their lack of interactions with the ancient world even more suspect.


Er why? The Iron age began in the 6th century BCE





new topics
top topics
 
34
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join