It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Fakery? What's your opinion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

If you want to believe that being a 'patriot' means drawing absurd conclusions based on speculation, paranoia and an warped view of reality that's your bag not mine.

And yes r2, you ignore stuff that doesn't fit your views, like a religious nut, and in my mind that makes you less than mentally sound, sorry, I'm not trying to insult you, but that's just the way I see it. You're like a kid trying to hammer a square block into a round hole yelling "TPTB....TPTB....TPTB" over and over.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Okay, here we go.

No you're wrong, I'm not one of those. If I get enough evidence showing it's legit then I'd be convinced.

I somehow doubt that.

For example I don't believe in big foot.

Why not? There are monkeys on every continent except Antarctica and North America. There are great apes in Africa and Asia. Why shouldn't there be some sort of ape in North America? It is sheer prejudice to dismiss the possibility a priori.

The facts dont' add up. I mean they've never even found 1 carcas, or no hunter has ever shot one. Like that's a complete fake. They fine ultra engagered animals easier.

So what you need in order to believe in Sasquatch is physical evidence? Fair enough. Now, given all the physical evidence that Apollo happened more or less as recorded by history, why do you still doubt it?

so again I'm just saying I go by facts.

Actually, you are about to ignore the facts and state some unfounded opinions.

From what I can tell:

this looks like a movie set.

And the street I live on looks like a Hollywood backlot. So?

It's in perfect timing with stanley kubricks movie production of 2001 a space oddassy,

You mean Stanley Kubrick's film was timed perfectly to capitalize on public interest in space exploration.

It would save them billions by not actually landing

They still had to build all the equipment and launch it.

It would save lives in case of an accident

Lives were lost anyway.

They never went back, nor did any other country, nor did they rent or sell the technology to anyone

The rockets and spacecraft were not re-usable.

Some say the space race was on the table, I don't buy that but it's another plausible reason

So?

They wanted to make JFK's deadline of 10 years

They made it.

They had hollywood's refined special effects which seem to appear quite clearly in the videos' taken

For example?

They never point the camera anywhere but one scene that allows to not expose the film crew

So you don't believe in Bigfoot, but you do believe in an unseen film crew?

Then there's the van allen belt. Limited rad's my azz. You think they'd be able to function and complete a full mission while having radiation sickness?

Yes, limited exposure. Your azz has nothing to do with it.

The computer power wasn't strong enough yet at that point. They claim they used a 2k cpu on the craft. Like get real.

Exactly how much computing power do you calculate they would need?

Any facts are coming from TPTB who are liars, killers, theives and the most evil people on the face of the earth. They'd love that 100 billion of tax payer money. It's not that different than the banker bail outs of recent times. Just another excuse at a money grab. The classic MO of TPTB. Theft with some excuse as to why.

I am sensing a slight bias here.

But you got me thinking, okay I'll look at some more stuff and try and weigh more of the evidence. There's obviously a lot of evidence proving they had much of the technology. But I've show my reasons. No one has shown me anything other than the classic brainwashing they give you in grade school about how they went to the moon and you're suppose to believe everything TPTB tell you to believe, regardless of the evidence.

None of your reasons make any sense.

here's the other factor people aren't understanding. TPTB are evil people. they don't care about human accomplishments. If anything what might have happened is they had the technology to go. but then TPTB figured out that this could be a major breakthrew for the common man so they kyboshed the deal. Shot it in a hollywood studio, pocketed the excess money, and then scrapped the project.

Actually, you're the one who seems to think that human beings are incapable of positive accomplishments.

And scrapped it specifically to keep the common man down, and under there control. Maybe they reasoned that this would end up turning into a space tourist thing, it would turn into all kinds of inspiration and exploration for people and they didn't want that. It could means people would get to uppidy and start thinking outside the box.

Space is turning into a tourist thing.

Instead what they wanted as just a hero story. A story that they could turn off when they were done writing it. A story that would inspire but not get people to uppidy. And that's exactly what seemed to happen.

Bottom line: you resent being inspired by human accomplishment. Sad.
edit on 25-10-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Really? Then why is it that no astronaut has succeeded in jumping more than 2 feet high on the Moon?

For one thing, they would need to be able to be able to bend their knees.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

if you are going to attempt to use a quote - firstly - dont re-write it , and second - not miss-attribute it to someone famous in a vain attempt at appeal to authority

here :

If what your country is doing seems to you practically and morally wrong, is dissent the highest form of patriotism?

is the correct text of the statement you bastardised

now how is this relevant to apollo ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Really? Then why is it that no astronaut has succeeded in jumping more than 2 feet high on the Moon? Oh yes, that PLSS (Portable Life Support System) or 'backpack' weighed more than 80kg and that's why they could never jump higher.

I'm not sure where the 80kg comes from? Also I have never heard this argument used that wieght was a problem?

Assuming 100lbs for the suit and 200lbs for the back pack.

300/6 for gravity = 50. Converted to kg it's 22.6kgs. One third of that amount roughly is evenly distributed through the space suit leaving 15kg left. I used the biggest amount I could find as an estimate for weight of the suits.

I can actually lift and curl 15kg with one arm and some screaming. >.< In a properly strapped back pack that wouldn't be very much at all I don't think?

My maths okay?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Really? Then why is it that no astronaut has succeeded in jumping more than 2 feet high on the Moon? Oh yes, that PLSS (Portable Life Support System) or 'backpack' weighed more than 80kg and that's why they could never jump higher.

I'm not sure where the 80kg comes from? Also I have never heard this argument used that wieght was a problem?

Assuming 100lbs for the suit and 200lbs for the back pack.

300/6 for gravity = 50. Converted to kg it's 22.6kgs. One third of that amount roughly is evenly distributed through the space suit leaving 15kg left. I used the biggest amount I could find as an estimate for weight of the suits.

I can actually lift and curl 15kg with one arm and some screaming. >.< In a properly strapped back pack that wouldn't be very much at all I don't think?

My maths okay?

Ooops! The PLSS was 80 lbs, not 80 kg! My bad!

With a Moon weight of 20 kg (including the suit) I think I could've been able to jump higher than 2 feet with both feet! (Even with the restricted bending of the knees due to the suit). But hey, what do I know? Never been to the Moon myself!

edit on 25-10-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ooops! The PLSS was 80 lbs, not 80 kg! My bad!

With a Moon weight of 20 kg (including the suit) I think I could've been able to jump higher than 2 feet with both feet! (Even with the restricted bending of the knees due to the suit). But hey, what do I know? Never been to the Moon myself!

edit on 25-10-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Have you ever worn a spacesuit, if not what you think as irrelevant!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Doesn't take a man to place a flag on th moon. Can much easier4 be done with an unmanned flag planting probe.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yoggi

Have you ever seen the movie "Yellowbeard?" It's a spoof of Treasure Island. The romantic hero, Dan, accidentally pushes the harsh Royal Navy captain overboard, which leads the crew to think there has been a successful mutiny. Marty Feldman, who thinks that Dan knows the location of Yellowbeard's treasure, moves through the crowed shouting "We want Dan!," as though he were a variety of different people supporting Dan to be the new captain. It's an hilarious bit, and I'm sure everyone knows why this is relevant.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

The problem was that if they landed wrong, and fell onto their back, not only would they be like a turtle on its back, they might damage the PLSS, or puncture their suits. So to be safe, you limit the height of your jumps.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So, if it's a fake, the question is: Why?

Quick answer:

Richard Nixon.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Looks fake to me too. I don't get it. The Apollo photos look very fake, left to right, and front to back. We need to let this one go. High time the authorities fessed up to this. The longer they try and perpetuate this fiasco of a hoax the bigger the price we pay.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

One of the problems with Apollo is that questioning it is viewed by many as unpatriotic. And I am sure when things really heat up this might be the last ditch defense. As the roof caves in it will get very scary and people will cling to patriotism as a last appeal. Please don't expose this thing for the sake of the country type reasoning. The problem with that is it has already happened. The thing is collapsing.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

The astronauts probably did think they were being patriotic when they got talked into faking this. Now I suspect they regret it. Just my opinion. Imagine passing your life trying to keep up this rap with a straight face? It would be difficult and as time went on I suspect they began to feel very unpatriotic. They were all relatively young when they first signed on to this idea of the hoax. Too young to realize the consequences. They were all thinking like AF and Navy aviator types, do it for the gipper type thinking.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join