It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Fakery? What's your opinion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by ignorant_ape

If you provide the neccessary data such as mass and surface, I will calculate how much pressure in g / cm² was applid through boots and tires. That's 5th grade mathematics. I doubt you did the calculation, though.

The real problem with the tyres is this

As you can see dust can fall through where the wheel has been !!! That doesn't happen with the Astronauts boots!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

If you provide the neccessary data such as mass and surface, I will calculate how much pressure in g / cm² was applid through boots and tires. That's 5th grade mathematics. I doubt you did the calculation, though.

As you can see dust can fall through where the wheel has been !!! That doesn't happen with the Astronauts boots!!

Exactly, and to further illustrate your point :
LUNAR SOIL SIMULATION and TRAFFICABILITY PARAMETERS

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolidGoal

Exactly, and to further illustrate your point :
LUNAR SOIL SIMULATION and TRAFFICABILITY PARAMETERS

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Considering the looming deadline and the immense pressures of not screwing up during the Cold War and losing face, I can completely see them having movie-studio shots all ready to go to show a credulous world, just in case. Just in case the Van Allen belt was an issue, a meteorite hit the thing at some point, the landing didn't go well, the getting off the moon part didn't go well, and a thousand other issues. They could even have had stand-ins all ready to show to an adoring public who had returned 'safe and sound'. No way the USA of that era would have allowed such a public embarrassment if disaster struck.

There's something about the background scenes, those mountains and the lunar sky that's always bothered me. The resolution is just wrong and there's always a demarcation in light tones and blurriness where the horizontal meets the vertical. And I don't care how much glare is coming off the sun, you mean there was never a planet looming overhead, or the Milky Way, and as they oddly and self-consciously remarked at the press conference afterwards, they never saw any stars? Really??? You're on the F'in MOON, and you don't look up and try to see the heavens? The entire GALAXY is overhead, and you somehow miss it?? How perfectly incurious is that, for the ultimate explorer?

I don't doubt some pictures were given the treatment for scenic purposes or any purpose for that matter, you can take your pick. For an abrupt demarcation line between the surface mountains, and the heavens that's what you would expect where there is no atmosphere, in fact I don't agree with the blurriness you mention, it's not there. In fact in some cases I do think that is an area where there has been some work done to a picture, with whatever tools were available at the time, I think it was stupid to mess with the historical record, but that happens all the time.
As for the Sun, it is bright, in fact at the moment, very bright, we are always told not to look at it directly, so what's it going to be like on the Moon, where there is minimal atmosphere, or none. At the top of our atmosphere the Sun is said to be 30% brighter, with all the different wavelengths so what's it going to be like on the Moon? If an astronaut did not use the protective visor appropriately on the surface he would be asking for trouble. Presumably they could lift the visor in darkened areas out of the sun, and probably would need to, that does not need to mean that they would be able to see the stars, just that they were out of the Sun. I can tell you now, just being on a stage when the spotlights are on you, you can see feck nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Agreed, and in fact that Apollo 17 pic, (which I'm sure it is) still has a residual drag mark. The fender was temporarily repaired, but much of the repair fell off again, and when the buggy was in motion the astronauts were getting continually sprayed with the dust, hence the repair in that case.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
I believe it was real, there is no real reason to fake it, and the Russians would NEVER admit to the US winning the Cold War, they wanted to get to the moon so badly. If the Americans faked it, the Russians instantly would have known, and would have used that without a problem to embarrass America. That being said, the Russians and I believe the Chinese were both tracking the whole thing, and they both confirmed that the moon landing happened. America may have had its own reasoning to try to cover it up, but Russia nor China have any reason to, nor would they even want to. Embarrassing America is a better deal for both.

The cold war was fake! Mostly fake. It wasn't real. Tptb worked together behind the scenes. Used it to scare there's and our populations into thinking each other was the enemy. Made the masses affraid of a newclear war. It was completely fake! There was never any threat at all.

So for the moon landing I'm positive the agreement went something like "you guys orbit the first man, and we'll land the first man. that way we both look powerful. but just don't tell anyone about the secrets surrounding each claim to fame".

Now you might find that hard to believe I know so watch this.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium

I think he risks getting black bagged, or having an unfortunate and untimely accident.

Thanks for the link. Kinda confirmed some of the reasons I don't believe in any moon landing. But I believe in a money grab of the 100 billion by TPTB who we know are liars and theives (similiar to the banker bailout in which we gave away another 800 billion). That's what they're experts at, money grabs!
edit on 24-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Check out the vid below. Notice how the astronaut gets up? Even in 1/6th grav this is impossible. Like he's pulled up by a wire! I know there's an explanation for this, but it's intriguing all the same!

edit on 24-10-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

What age are you did you live through that time your answer to everything is TPTB talking to you is like talking to a bible thumper pointless.

If you were taken to the Moon to see the landing sites yourself you would still claim it was fake!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Check out the vid below. Notice how the astronaut gets up? Even in 1/6th grav this is impossible. Like he's pulled up by a wire! I know there's an explanation for this, but it's intriguing all the same!

edit on 24-10-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Have a close look full screen a real CLOSE LOOK he pushes against the surface with his right hand LOOK were his left hand is!!!

There is your answer that and 1/6 gravity!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I've seen enough google maps angles compared to photos taken at different angles to notice that such illusions are just that, the smallest angle difference can radically change the view of everything, the math in the attempt to illustrate the angles being the same is all wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

So for the moon landing I'm positive the agreement went something like "you guys orbit the first man, and we'll land the first man. that way we both look powerful. but just don't tell anyone about the secrets surrounding each claim to fame".

Aww man, again r2 you made me laugh. Really? I mean seriously?

So now you're saying the Russkies and the Yanks had an 'agreement' concerning the faking of Apollo, and it was all so they could 'look powerful'(I'm chuckling as I type this)????

You also posit that the Cold War was 'fake'....this has to be the most ridiculous argument I've heard in a long long time, you've outdone yourself yet again my friend.

I'm gradually coming to terms with the fact that there are people out there who're this delusional, and r2 you're contributing greatly to that realization, thanks man

I think it's amazing that people with this level of ignorance concerning history, science and human nature in general can navigate their way through our modern world and lead relatively normal lives.

The funny thing is all this moon hoax stuff is based upon the lies of a few attention seeking charlatans and the 'believers' have made it part of their new religion, where everything is a lie and some fantasy group of non-existents control the earth. I think we're witnessing first hand how religious belief systems actually come into being, which is interesting from an anthropological viewpoint if anything, but certainly depressing from the viewpoint of why people need belief systems in the first place.

edit on 24-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

And thanks to you for embedding.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I can do a push up and clap here on Earth. I'd be like 10 kilograms or something on the moon ... perhaps I'd launch myself into the ceiling! It would look pretty weird I imagine.

This one comes up from time to time though.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I havn't really looked into the reasons for his motion, but one thing that comes to mind is him being careful not to damage his suit. Have you ever wore pants a bit too small, bent over and ripped them or popped a button off?

I would imagine something like that would constantly be running through your mind when all that separates you from the vacuum of space is a space suit.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Okay fine to everyone who replied...... here's a few video's for you to watch. Can you really dismiss all this???

1 of about 4

1 of 2

If you click on his handle you'll find 33 more videos just like this.

Obviously there's something to this. But take a step back from this moon landing issue for a second and take a step into the mind of the commanders, the politicians, the elitists etc etc running this opp.

Do you really seriously think they care about being honest with the slave class tax payers and giving them a moon landing they paid for? These are theives, they're liars, the only reason they're not called criminals is because they're politians. These are the same people that brought the country to war over and over and keep it int war all the way since the 1700's up until now.

What they wanted at that time was a "hero story". They needed one infact! They had so many issues going on. The veitnam war wasn't being won, the cold war (that's if it was even real), the economy was in shambles, the gas embargos, the peace movement, the race wars, etc etc etc. Endless issues had been going on at that time.

They needed a hero story, to get the americans to believe again, and to distract them for all the crap that was going on. So they used NASA's exploration of space as a great way to do that. Something the middle class would eat up and ralley around at the school, and dinner tables all across america.

The problem was no one could die. If anyone died or if the cameras didn't work or didn't work well they would have a major problem. Plus they wanted to pocket some of the 100 billion on the table. So that's where hollywood special FX comes in.

Anyway, but still, the problem with most is they have no concept of what goes on in washington or how these people think. They're way way way too insulated from all that crap. So they believe much of what TPTB tell them. Well believe what you want but I don't believe these people. I believe at least unless someone can come up with some astonishing proof that they didn't go to save lives and save money (well pocket money).

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Aww man, again r2 you made me laugh. Really? I mean seriously?

So now you're saying the Russkies and the Yanks had an 'agreement' concerning the faking of Apollo, and it was all so they could 'look powerful'(I'm chuckling as I type this)????

You also posit that the Cold War was 'fake'....this has to be the most ridiculous argument I've heard in a long long time, you've outdone yourself yet again my friend.

I'm gradually coming to terms with the fact that there are people out there who're this delusional, and r2 you're contributing greatly to that realization, thanks man

I think it's amazing that people with this level of ignorance concerning history, science and human nature in general can navigate their way through our modern world and lead relatively normal lives.

The funny thing is all this moon hoax stuff is based upon the lies of a few attention seeking charlatans and the 'believers' have made it part of their new religion, where everything is a lie and some fantasy group of non-existents control the earth. I think we're witnessing first hand how religious belief systems actually come into being, which is interesting from an anthropological viewpoint if anything, but certainly depressing from the viewpoint of why people need belief systems in the first place.

edit on 24-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Dissent is a sentiment or philosophy of non-agreement or opposition to a prevailing idea (e.g. a government's policies) or an entity (e.g. an individual or political party which supports such policies). The term's antonyms include agreement, consensus (when all or nearly all parties agree on something) and consent (when one party agrees to a proposition made by another).

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" -- Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. --
Thomas Jefferson

I'm definitely not that ignorant on history. Infact it's history is one of the litmus tests that tells me that the people in charge tend to be as corrupt as they can get.

And just cuz I don't believe what you believe makes me nuts? Makes me someone who must be boarderline mentally ill? Last I checked this was a forum for debate and revealing hidden truths. What forum were you hoping for, the one where everyone believes what you do?

The US and Russia had been working together for decades. They made up this whole cold war scare tactic to get more tax dollars going to each countries mil's. You say you don't believe this? Okay watch....

And I quote "with friends in whom I trust....." that's one guy talking to the other. The slave class were not meant to know the level of cooperation that happened amoungst astronuats, scientists, military, politiciens, etc etc.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Okay fine to everyone who replied...... here's a few video's for you to watch. Can you really dismiss all this???

Start reading?

No disrespect, but I think it's a little intellectually lazy to throw a pile of other person's stuff at the wall and ask people to dismiss it. Especially when the evidence you're presenting is weak but time consuming to research, explain and rebutt.

I guess perhaps isolate one or two things that interest you and discuss those?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
reply to post by johngrissom

Please, explain what advantage would there be to weaponize the Moon. Seems to me, the Moon is too far away to be a first strike vantage point. And the cost of getting equipment placed and maintained would be astronomical - pun intended.

Remember what dubya had said? He wanted to make an outpost on the Moon! Probably against alien attack?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

I can do a push up and clap here on Earth. I'd be like 10 kilograms or something on the moon ... perhaps I'd launch myself into the ceiling! It would look pretty weird I imagine.

Really? Then why is it that no astronaut has succeeded in jumping more than 2 feet high on the Moon? Oh yes, that PLSS (Portable Life Support System) or 'backpack' weighed more than 80kg and that's why they could never jump higher.

But wait! Then what about that video above that shows an astronaut straightening up from an impossible position with just one hand? Oh never mind. I was never too good at physics anyway!

edit on 25-10-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join