Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I predict Romney might win the third debate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Well duh, it's on foreign policy and Obama will be hammered over the attack in Libya.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hi R.! I am glad to know you're still around! I hope everything is going fine in the truck topic
Long time no see!

Well, as everybody say, on the other hand, Obama inherited of a collapsing economy, and all his propositions were rejected by the Senate. He had to issue presidential orders instead. Sure, he's done a couple of bad things, but also a couple of good things.

That's today's US politics: We try to find the POTUS who did a "couple of good things". If only Washington or Lincoln could still be around...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Hey bro! All is good. How r u?? My vote is 98% based on the economy this year, and Obama promised 4 years ago to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term and he doubled it. Not acceptable. We need to have massive spending cuts. If my wife was overdrawing the checkbook by thousands of dollars a month I would take her name off the account. First rule of holes is to stop digging.

edit on 22-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think it is going to be a snooze fest all around.

Me too with no real winner... Romney will go on the offensive and Obama will spend 90 minutes starting every 2 minutes speech with a "hold on there" as he spins his way out of his recent failures.

Like the last debate, people will not listen for substance they will just be watching the dog and pony show.

I will record it and unless something interesting happens I will not watch it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Well duh, it's on foreign policy and Obama will be hammered over the attack in Libya.

I don't think so...the mod will make it so that this is basically one question...maybe 5 mins of the debate, so unless Ronmey comes back to it the president will get off pretty easy on this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I don't think so...the mod will make it so that this is basically one question...maybe 5 mins of the debate, so unless Ronmey comes back to it the president will get off pretty easy on this one.

He made a critical mistake in the last debate with his Libya answers, and I'll bet my life's savings Romney will make him pay for it tonight.

ETA: Tonight's debate is of little consequence to me anyways, I voted this morning.

edit on 22-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Obama is gonna win like he won last time. The only reason Romney won the first one is because Obama was half asleep.

It is funny you say that since the first debate was set squarely around the economy..Obama asleep at the wheel, that was so fitting for that debate....lol love it...

He better drink a couple of red bulls because he has been kind of asleep at the wheel for foreign policy too.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Debate #1 - Romney/Obama = Romney Won.
Debate #2 - VP debate = IMHO TIED
Debate #3 - Romney/Obama = IMHO TIED
My prediction for Debate #4 = another tie.

I agree with you on the first three debates, only Romney in the 1st was a consensus winner of any of those debates, polls seem to back that up as well. No other debate had much effect on them.

I can see the third debate being a defensive one for Obama. He can get hammered on his Middle East/ Iran policies in a way that will not come across well. Obama should play it very close to the vest while Romney has the luxury of attacking Obama's policies as well as showing the differences between the two.

Of the two Romney at least has a chance to "win" the debate. President Obama can at best hope for a draw. I don't see how he pulls off of win given the close to the vest way he will do the debate.

Barring any fireworks between the two or any major gaffes, it will most likely be a draw.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Everything is good in Canada. We recieved our earliest snowfall in recent history, though.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

He made a critical mistake in the last debate with his Libya answers, and I'll bet my life's savings Romney will make him pay for it tonight.

Ya, that whole debacle where the Mod corrected him too, and she was also wrong...lol I didn't know that it was going to be two on one game...geez I'm sure Romney is pulling at the bit to get back to that one.

That might be the one interesting point of the debate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. Unless Romney is seriously off his game I think he is likely to hit hard. If he wants to win he has to get himself over the top in the swing states and a fierce debate performance just might do it. Don't think he doesn't know that. The question is will Obama let him?
edit on 22-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

And I must say, Romney is insane if he wants the job. 2013 is going to be one of roughest years on record. Food prices are going to go up drastically and this will inflame the situation in desperately poor countries. It's likely we are going to see another round of revolutions across the world. The economy is just going to get worse and it's only a matter of time until the bread riots hit the U.S.
edit on 22-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The debates are pointless because the election has already been decided.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Let's see... Romney has zero foreign policy experience or track record so all he has to do is attack Obama on the state of the world. Kinda like monday morning quarterback on steroids. Everything to gain with no rel skin in the game.

And as far as the economy is concerned, Romney is goingto fix everything as soon as he gets elected. 15MM jobs crated just liek that. Lower taxes, decreased debt, skittles and unicorns for everyone.
edit on 22-10-2012 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ya well I predict Obama will Win.
Too bad none of this debate crap even matters, because IMO the election or should I say selection has already been decided, by the TPTB. Personally neither is worthy of a presidential future, its time to kick all the career politicians out, and start completley over, with people who actually do care about the US and its citizens, instead of corporations needs and wants. Oh what a MESS this country is in.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by antonia

Let's see... Romney has zero foreign policy experience or track record so all he has to do is attack Obama on the state of the world. Kinda like monday morning quarterback on steroids. Everything to gain with no rel skin in the game.

That is correct, ATS will eat it up too. The whole country will eat it up. The race is tied right now, I think we've got another Neo-Con coming and war with Iran is all but certain.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by antonia

And as far as the economy is concerned, Romney is goingto fix everything as soon as he gets elected. 15MM jobs crated just liek that. Lower taxes, decreased debt, skittles and unicorns for everyone.
edit on 22-10-2012 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

LMAO, on your last paragraph, I couldnt agree more. On a serious note no matter who wins, nothing will change unless we the people change and start to vote not based on religion and whats good for you. But whats good for the ENTIRE NATION. We need some Real, credible people to vote in, smart, tough, not afraid to tell it how it is, that the nation as we know it is screwed unless we change the way we conduct our nation around the world, with everything from foreign policy, to bring OUR jobs back from China, India, ect........

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Obama is gonna win like he won last time. The only reason Romney won the first one is because Obama was half asleep.
edit on 22-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

If Obama "won" those debates then why is he still under 50% in the polling?

Obviously he did not win those debates.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Obama inherited of a collapsing economy

He didn't inherit it, he asked for it and promised to cut the debt in half. He won that debt and didn't do anything but double down on it.

And he is probably wondering, "What happened, It worked in Chicago, didn't it?"

No wonder he's getting greyer.

This debate is worth squat...most people have made up their minds already. Either side had best play their October surprise now or forget about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

In debate #1, Romney got a big voter bump.

In debate #2, romney got a big voter bump.

Let's actually measure the efficacy of the debate against the voter surge in the candidates favour before "we" those that are partisan, decide.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
No matter who wins the American people lose !!!

Haha reminds me of this movie tagline...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join