Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New Fukushima Explosion 10-22-12!?!? Can anyone verify!!??!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Only a 4.6 and a 4.8 reported off the east coast.

USGS

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Me too. The live Fuku cams aren't loading for me either.

this one seems to be working ok;
news.tbs.co.jp...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Weighing in...

The dynamics of the ongoing disaster in Japan are more complex than the average Chicken Little can imagine. The blog brought by the OP is surely an exaggeration. When he cries "thousands of tons of Plutonium" and stuff like that we need to take care...

Having said that I did some digging and I did find something in the ATS FUKU thread...

There is a video and link, then some mild chatter further down the page. I brought the YouTube, hope Aircooled doesn't mind. Of all the places I know to dig for data on Fukushima ATS is the best. Guys like Aircooled and Nuckelchen are among the best diggers and presenters. This is Nuck's video. He monitors cams over there full time and uploads stuff he finds to good music. Some of the videos are revealing if you have the patience and time. I know that, thats why I looked at their stuff right away.

OP's blog says the events of the last few days might include fresh releases (explosions) of nasty. Something like that is evident in Chen's video from a "few days ago". Since cam resolution and angle is poor, one has to look closely at the frames to see what is being presented at the 3:15 mark. Upper right and lower left view. A huge white "plume" of steam rises up from the center of the shot (in real time) and drifts slowly to the left obscuring the crane tower in the shot. Is it fog? Is it Radfog?

Compared to other "steam plumes" this one is huge. I have seen many like this, some appear to be weather related. The camera is miles from the site and max zoomed so the weather like fog banks and stuff have proven to be a factor in other videos. I'll try to find those to compare.

The thing about the plants there is that they are all in various stages of meltdown as a result of the quake and Tsunami. Since then they have all been releasing radioactive contamination to the atmosphere on some level. These cores are still hot. Unlike a lava flow which cools off outside its chamber, this stuff self generates its own heat. Tons of the molten metal are trapped below the bottom of the reactor cores and they are continuously seeking avenues to flow deeper into the works and even bedrock in some cases. Each time a new crack is opened in a wall or pipe or underground fracture, portions of the core spill into the channel and when confronting water, it puffs visible steam to the atmosphere. Theres no stopping this until all the fissionable fuel is consumed in Tepco's "open air corium melt" project.

Reports of #4 plant on the verge of collapse is scary, but I don't think it likely. Problem is, its so hard to approach these concentrations of "potential" calamity because they are so radioactively hot. Measurements are taken from a distance, downwind, in the ocean, etc. Thats how they are extrapolating current status. And that is TEPCO's secret to be sure. But videos like the one captured here can be revealing if you know where to look and "squint" with your eyes and your mind.

3:15 in, upper right ...

For comparison, here is another of Nucklechen's vids that shows another "steam" release earlier this year.

Aircooled's post in the Fuku thread and Enews link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Reuters
Tokyo, March 12, 2012

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano confirmed on Saturday there has been an explosion and radiation leakage at Tokyo Electric Power Co's (TEPCO) Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. "We are looking into the cause and the situation and we'll make that public when we have
related stories

"At present, we think 10 km evacuation is appropriate."

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was just coming over to tell folks not to get upset by this "contrail" report. It looks like he pasted a March 12th 2011 article with today's date. Pretty nasty joke.
www.reuters.com...
If there was "mass panic" at the airport in Japan, we would have heard something from Japan by now. Yes #4 is leaning, Yes they're steaming but this....... contrail guy? It's still early but unless we hear more and real soon, I wouldn't sweat it.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Aircooled because: Missed a detail

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
Phage?...
Anyone?...
Can't seem to find legit confirmation either. Only corridor noises on googlised searches...

Or how about 'anyone but phage'?

Are you aware that phage's summation of fukushima begins and ends with 'the radiation will harmlessly disperse'?

Please...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Found a panoramic webcam view although I can't locate the plant on it. Maybe someone else can? webcam panoramic view In a few hours we should be able to see something if there's something to see.
edit on 22-10-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by Logiciel
Phage?...
Anyone?...
Can't seem to find legit confirmation either. Only corridor noises on googlised searches...

Or how about 'anyone but phage'?

Are you aware that phage's summation of fukushima begins and ends with 'the radiation will harmlessly disperse'?

Please...

Too funny. All credit to Phage for other areas of expertise. Do we have some of that off the shelf Rad-dispersant available yet?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So wait is this a hoax since they changed the date? On the article?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Hoax

Thanks for keeping an eye out for Fukishima news. This is one confirmed hoax that we are glad it's just a hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Cool ! Conggrate Trexter Ziam..you defeat subject matter expert...

Very2 nice find! glad fuku is okay

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ah well, humanity has to bite the bullet sometime. Playing around with nuclear reactors, nuclear weapons and nuclear material is playing russian roulette, sooner or later the gun will go off it's just a numbers game.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Have you read the comments? This site just says its a hoax.

Read the comments!!! They are talking about the increase radiation level in MI.

And I can personally vouche as I saw the increase on radiation network.

We really gotta figure out what's going on someone said they went there and saw a lot of workers.

All the radiation spikes on the network seem to be following storms.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Crazy news, lets hope this all goes well and another Chernobyl doesn't happen. That would just be horrible. Good luck to everyone there, and again, hopefully this gets cleared up soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Well, he is correct there!

I know that it does not please the doomsayers, but they just make stuff up - like this whole thread has just been from a made up story.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have posted this on another thread, but I thought it may be helpful for the fear mongers here. This is a radiation reading for my apartment in northwest Tokyo.

oi48.tinypic.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
[link to sincedutch.wordpress.com]

10/23/2012 — Fukushima Reactor #4 fire HOAX — Cybertribenetwork the source / Propheticseer responsible for major panic

Dutch has outed the cybertribe network on his channel. Follow the top link. It's pretty sad that these cyber-tribe guys are spreading this dis info!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why is this on the top page and not in the hoax bin?

I know you mods are all over my threads if they are proven to be hoaxes.

There have been two or three posts that proves this to be a hoax but it remains.

Hmmmmmmm.....
edit on 23-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Yes they're steaming but.../...I wouldn't sweat it.

Sorry about the snip.... but generally???

They are "steaming" an its "no sweat", huh?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Lol. yes you got me, but at the time, I was in "stop the panic from Contrail" mode. I hope you understand? At the time I was afraid of this Contrail moron setting off suicides with his rant of 2 fuel pools exploding.
Now that the hoax is over, nobody is demanding to know what the fire was really about? It sure wasn't a cigarette fire, Hell I'm still not even sure that alledged picture is of the area is where they say? It got swept under the rug with the hoax.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join