It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Fukushima Explosion 10-22-12!?!? Can anyone verify!!??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

THE THOUSANDS OF TONS OF PLUTONIUM

isn't that just a bit exaggerated

Probably. As I understand it there are thousands of tons of radioactive material at the Fukushima site (most of it in spent fuel rods in storage)...but there are not thousand of tons of plutonium inside a reactor at any given time.

I'm just looking to first either validate or invalidate whether or not the sh^t hit the fan in some capacity at Fukushima overnight.

I'm not fear-mongering or trying to push this off as "fact". I'm legitimately looking to see if anyone has any real, independent sources to establish the veracity of this rumor or expose it to be a hyperbolic and silly falsehood.
Either way I don't care...I have no stake in the results one way or another in an academic sense.

I'm just trying to figure out if we have a bit of a MSM blackout on the events unfolding or if someone's panic-induced blog posting just went viral and that's why I've got close to a hundred posts about this in social networks this A.M.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by milominderbinder

ETA: I think this is indeed a report of the original explosion. Never mind...

Looks like the real deal:

Japan confirms explosion, leakage at nuke plant

FUKUSHIMA, Japan (Reuters)

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano confirmed on Saturday there has been an explosion and radiation leakage at Tokyo Electric Power Co's (TEPCO) (9501.T) Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

"We are looking into the cause and the situation and we'll make that public when we have further information," Edano said.

"At present, we think 10 km evacuation is appropriate."

Japan earlier in the day warned of a meltdown at a reactor at the plant, damaged when a massive earthquake and tsunami struck the northeast coast, but said the risk of radiation contamination was small.

Edano also said that Japan has expanded the evacuation area around the Fukushima Daini nuclear plant. (Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Joseph Radford)

Although, I'm confused by the Saturday reference. Could it have really gone unreported for more than a full day?
edit on 22-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

I know...it's weird sh^t isn't it? The article you posted in dated for TODAY...but it TALKS ABOUT the tsunami that occurred "earlier in the day". WTF is going on??

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I'm not seeing any reports, but I'm having trouble with all the live cam's.

Me too. The live Fuku cams aren't loading for me either.

Is it web overload because a false alarm went viral? Did they shut them down? Did they become damaged if there really was some sort of explosion??

All in all the web is a great tool for getting the real story out...but admittedly it's times like this that make me want to pull my freakin' hair out.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Web Bots have predicted a severe escalation of the Fukushima disaster. They also say there will be 1.3 billion deaths in the Northern Hemisphere. You need to do what is shown in the playlist and separate video below, if you want to be protected from radiation. I suggest 6 grams of lipsomal vitamin c per day. My email and YouTube handle are listed below.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The thing that threw me was TEPCO didn't acknowledge the possibility of a meltdown for weeks after the tsunami.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Regardless, I still think this new explosion hasn't happened....at least not yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

When I said "you" in my post I'm just speaking generally. I didn't see anything besides the content you put in the OP. The irony of Fulford calling BS on something is this...

He believes the Earthquake was created HAARP, done to blackmail the Japanese Gov.

I don't even know if that is actually him saying that, or maybe a cut and paste by a commenter. I simply thought it was funny, that's all...

o.0

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Can someone chime in and let us know whats up?

I agree this isn't a good way to wake up..

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
looks like it may be "not news"..

the link provided is being picked up by other sites and beinf reported from that source..
Even some on GLP are calling BS on this one..

I hope that jumping to conclusions wont result in a lack of proper research..

There's really not much to go on at the moment.

No doubt.

I'm against jumping to conclusions based off of random internet rumors BIG-TIME. That's why I'm looking to see if anyone can verify/deny it.

You are right...if the somewhat less firmly grounded crowd on GLP is calling BS...that IS A GOOD SIGN. I stopped even consulting their site when the #1 theory being posted to explain the BP oil spill was a French submarine attack of all things.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

The thing that threw me was TEPCO didn't acknowledge the possibility of a meltdown for weeks after the tsunami.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Regardless, I still think this new explosion hasn't happened....at least not yet.

Yeah...I'm not sure of the specifics but I DO know for certain that the Japanese govt (and by extension the lion's share of our "news" services) downplayed the severity of the original crisis BIG TIME.

While there isn't any reason for us to believe that they wouldn't downplay/deny it a second time...there also hasn't been anything I've seen that seems to indicate that there was, in fact, some sort of crisis that occurred last night or this morning.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Extralien

Yep, and the snippet in the OP says this was posted somewhere by..

jeffrey goober wefferson

Could be someone having a go?

Agreed...it's suspect to say the least. However, I was just taken aback by the startling number of times this hit my facebook and twitter accounts. I've had false alarms before...but nothing quite like this.

Hence the reason I figured I would toss it out to ATS for some help in verifying/denying.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You might try asking here,

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

That is the original ongoing thread from day one of the Fukushima incident and they posses a tremendous amount of knowledge and resources. There are many there who could tell you in 2 minutes what you might spend 2 hours researching and I'm sure they would be glad to point you to the Fukushima webcam.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

When I said "you" in my post I'm just speaking generally. I didn't see anything besides the content you put in the OP. The irony of Fulford calling BS on something is this...

He believes the Earthquake was created HAARP, done to blackmail the Japanese Gov.

I don't even know if that is actually him saying that, or maybe a cut and paste by a commenter. I simply thought it was funny, that's all...

o.0

Gotcha. No worries. I just don't want people to think I'm jumping on the panic induced "I'll-believe-anything-if-it's-on-the-internet" bandwagon.

It drives me NUTS when people take a web rumor such as this and start sending it out along w/ the assumption that it is automatically a substantiated fact.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

That is the original ongoing thread from day one of the Fukushima incident and they posses a tremendous amount of knowledge and resources. There are many there who could tell you in 2 minutes what you might spend 2 hours researching and I'm sure they would be glad to point you to the Fukushima webcam.

I thought of that...but I was hesitant to put it out to any groups who are dedicated to educating the world (and rightfully so) just how dangerous Fukushima really has the potential of being.

It would be incredibly tempting for them to "confirm" it prematurely as the temptation to say "see...I TOLD YOU SO!!" would be tempting indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I'm not seeing any reports, but I'm having trouble with all the live cam's.

Me too. The live Fuku cams aren't loading for me either.

Is it web overload because a false alarm went viral? Did they shut them down? Did they become damaged if there really was some sort of explosion??

All in all the web is a great tool for getting the real story out...but admittedly it's times like this that make me want to pull my freakin' hair out.

Yeah, same here on the cameras, tried the three closest ones and nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

.... will have to give it a couple hours to see if anything surfaces..

Probably the best policy.

If anyone finds anything compelling one or the other later today...please toss it up on the thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

I thought of that...but I was hesitant to put it out to any groups who are dedicated to educating the world (and rightfully so) just how dangerous Fukushima really has the potential of being.

It would be incredibly tempting for them to "confirm" it prematurely as the temptation to say "see...I TOLD YOU SO!!" would be tempting indeed.

I see what you are saying, but a response like that would surprise me. I have been following that thread from day one and the ones who have been there all along are very analytical and not likely to jump on something unfounded.

That being said, if there were something to this I expect it would have been posted there by now, and it has not been. That speaks volumes to me. The webcam is monitored 24/7 and anything of any possible relevance is posted, I can't imagine anything that significant slipping by.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I don't believe it. Someone contact Ben Fulford and this is what he put:

If Fulford is calling BS on you, that means you got a really, really, really, bad source.

the irony here my dear boncho is that fulford is absolutely correct

fukushima IS a psyops; to allow the frakking industry to supplant the nuclear industry

now i'm all for replacing nuclear

AND petroleum;

with thorium,

or any other new energy generation tech
banning nuclear and going with frakked natural gas is going backward, not foward
Fukushima Radiation Fear Mongering: An Orchestrated Scare Campaign Exceeding the Fraud of 9/11 educate-yourself.org...

For reference in the following articles, read the Fukushima report (3/11 was Japan's 9/11. It's all documented folks!
I don't want to get into a hissing match every time another journalist messes up and I am asked to put it straight.

So I am going to be a little more polite now when I do it.

In this interview, James Corbett was fooled into making the following claims: that 1. The U.S. gave Japan 70 tons of weapons grade PLUTONIUM for a secret weapons program, and that 2. The breeder reactor was a failure in the U.S. that cost twenty billion dollars, was in development for far too long, and after giving up on the breeder reactor program, America turned it over to Japan so that their "superior" engineers could "close the nuclear loop - the nuclear fuel cycle."

First a little math. At 70 tons, that's 70,000 KG of weapons grade Plutonium. At 4 kg per nuclear warhead needed per bomb, that's 17,500 of the GOOD nuclear warheads, not junk. So force of logic says that such claims are ludicrous, NO NATION GIVES AWAY THAT MUCH MATERIAL. That's more than TWICE our current arsenal. So the logic loop, to take blame off Israel will be, Japan was making a nuclear bomb right below reactor 3 and THAT is what blew it sky high, NOT: Magna Bsp's Owl

Now onto the next error in Corbett's report

The man he interviewed bamboozled him into believing America did not close the nuclear fuel cycle and failed after spending "twenty billion dollars" That's unfortunate for Corbett, because as part of the Fukushima report, I actually hunted down one of the four top American engineers involved with the breeder reactor, and here is what he had to say about it:

"I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project, and have been involved in reactor design and nuclear engineering my whole life. There was one answer we all searched for, and it was how to close the nuclear loop.

When a reactor such as a boiling water reactor uses fuel, the waste products (which are highly radioactive isotopes that have a different fission characteristic than the fuel) build up in the fuel and poison the nuclear reaction. A reactor such as a boiling water reactor can only use the fuel until it gets contaminated by these isotopes enough to change the nature of the nuclear reactions taking place. The reaction environment inside a boiling water reactor is only one such environment that will work to trigger a chain reaction, and if that spent fuel is put into a reactor made from different materials, those materials can favor the burning of the poisonous isotopes, and use the isotopes as fuel until the fuel is purified of them, and therefore had it's original radiological characteristics restored. Once that is accomplished, the fuel can go back into the boiling water reactor, and used as new.

We perfected the second reactor design, which used liquid sodium as a coolant, and the reactor ran much hotter - 1100 farenheit as opposed to 550 in a boiling water reactor. The liquid sodium circulated inside the reactor in lieu of water, with the heat of the reaction being removed from the system by a heat exchanger which boiled the water outside the reactor for use in producing electricity. The temperature difference and coolant characteristics facilitated the burning of the isotopes, and you got to use both sides of the reaction - one side produced electricity while poisoning the fuel, and the other side produced electricity while burning the poisons out. This process can be repeated 20 times, and when it is finished the fuel is DEAD and no longer hazardous because all of it's radiological potential has been used up. It was a dream come true, and Carter banned it by executive order!"

He specifically stated that the burn down was so complete that the spent fuel was safe to handle directly with bare hands, and needed no special care or maintenance at all. He stated that they got it a LOT sooner than expected, and as a result, fortunately all the nuclear facilities were over built to handle waste fuel because they expected it to build up before this technology could be perfected, when in reality the technology was perfected long before that (in 1977). He VERY CLEARLY STATED IT WAS DONE BY G.E. and came in WAY under budget, FAR FAR under budget.

Corbett landed himself a big fat LIAR.

The engineer then went on to lament about what a waste of money it was to ban the technology, because the fuel is expensive, and they were only using it to about five percent of its total potential. He lamented the fact that his life's greatest accomplishment got banned for no good reason, and it was a tremendous waste of money to not use the technology his team developed. Electricity would have been cheap. REAL CHEAP. So cheap that homes would not have been heated with oil or natural gas, electricity would have been the only sensible choice. Furthermore, with a reduction in the price of electricity by at least 10X, electric cars would have been a no brainer.

This would have been America's free energy future, with the only real cost being maintenance of infrastructure. There would have been no nuclear waste, he specifically stated that you could make a bed out of the truly spent fuel and sleep on it safely. Nuclear waste would have been a thing of the past.

and fulfords advice re geiger counters is only common sense
educate-yourself.org...

Here is a link to a Tokyo radiation monitoring site located in the Shinjuku area. Note that the highest reading occurred briefly on March 15, but quickly returned to near- normal levels for every day since. This chart covers up to March 19, but you can access the latest chart by visiting the link.

monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

edit on 22-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not seeing much on tepco's site.......

www.tepco.co.jp...

Has anyone contacted the blogger?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Extralien

Yep, and the snippet in the OP says this was posted somewhere by..

jeffrey goober wefferson

Could be someone having a go?

Did some searching on that name and got a hit here:

chemt railsnorthnz,wordpress.com

Thank-you to Rose who runs the Kaikoura-based TheContrail.com, for alerting us to the fantastic trailer for the long-awaited Aihe Tohora Wananga.

Writes Rose: “This is the works of our favourite and incredibly talented nomads – Jeff Phillips and Liesbet Versteraeten, who we know on The Contrail as Jeffrey Goober Wefferson and ilnissky

A beyond Film with the Knowledge

So, it appears that goober is "Jeff Phillips" just FYI for those trying to ferret out whether something happened at Fukushima..

On another note, if there was an explosion of note at the reactor, would it be reflected in USGS seismic reports? I don't know just tossing it out there

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wish we could pass a global law to remove all plutonium reactors and move onto something safer.

These reactors are outdated...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join