Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Girl dies after drinking an energy drink

page: 5
15
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
There should be age limit on the drink, children don't need monster drinks. Especially 14 year olds.
RIP little one.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)


It is written on the can I think. I do not drink this stuff but one of my friends does.

"Anyone younger than 18 years old shouldn’t drink this beverage" It was written in a small font though. Other warrings were written but, they are beside the point.

I find the girl is in the worng. Why sue the company? Although, maybe make it ID only stuff, ya know? Show me your ID and you get the drink. Should limit this kind of stuff.
edit on 22-10-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by SpearMint
Can we stop the "I drink x and I'm fine" posts please, it doesn't mean anything. For the third time, people's toleration levels vary greatly. It doesn't matter if you can drink 50 cans a day, that doesn't go for everyone.

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch I was only kidding, and wrong.. you couldn't drink 50 cans in a day and be 'fine'.


I didn't say you could, I'm well aware you couldn't. This isn't the place for jokes.

I said "It doesn't matter if you can drink 50 cans a day, that doesn't go for everyone.".

Replace 50 with any number... I was making a point.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

In my day we called that natural selection.


Natural selection, although I don't think natural is the right word, does not serve a purpose in modern society.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Suffering the consequences of foolishness is most definitely natural selection and it does serve a purpose. There is still room for the processes of nature in modern society even if there are those who oppose it.

Survival of the fittest.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Suffering the consequences of foolishness is most definitely natural selection and it does serve a purpose. There is still room for the processes of nature in modern society even if there are those who oppose it.

Survival of the fittest.


Being stupid isn't hereditary. We are too advance medically and technologically, life is made too easy for most of the world and there is simply too many of us for natural selection to take place and have any effect. Nothing good will come of this in terms of natural selection. Survival of the fittest doesn't really exist any more, the unfit can survive.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Not in this case.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Not in this case.


But like I said, nothing good will come of it in terms of natural selection. Natural selection does not exist for us any more because of the reasons stated above, that was my point which you seem to have misunderstood.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Tell me how this was not natural selection. The kid was stupid. She drank two cans of this stuff and it killed her. Classic natural selection.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Tell me how this was not natural selection. The kid was stupid. She drank two cans of this stuff and it killed her. Classic natural selection.


Because the benefits of natural selection exist in reproduction, one person dying is not natural selection, it has to have benefits down the line. Tell me how this will benefit the human race, it won't, stupidity and lack of care is not hereditary.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

The idiot will not breed.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

The idiot will not breed.


You're still yet to explain the benefits.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Say, do you have kids?



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

Say, do you have kids?


Before giving away any information about myself I would like to know how it's relevant to the subject.

I think you're just avoiding the point; natural selection does not exist any more in modern society.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 


Why sue the company? It is no secret that those drinks can kill. It is up to the parent to educate themselves and their children.

And unfortunatly, this will continue to happen. No one should be drinking those things anyways, but everyone has to make that choice for themselves.
I am proud to say I have only ever had 3 energy drinks.
2 I had back in 2002 when a drink called Base had been released and no one knew what they were yet.
1 was a redbull drink at a bar in 2004.
But, my husband drinks them occasionally as sometimes he works 18 hour days with no coffee shops for 200 miles.

They should have a label though, a big one, outlining the risks.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

I shouldn't sport with you this way. It isn't fair.

Do forgive me.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
reply to post by SpearMint
 


Why sue the company? It is no secret that those drinks can kill. It is up to the parent to educate themselves and their children.

And unfortunatly, this will continue to happen. No one should be drinking those things anyways, but everyone has to make that choice for themselves.
I am proud to say I have only ever had 3 energy drinks.
2 I had back in 2002 when a drink called Base had been released and no one knew what they were yet.
1 was a redbull drink at a bar in 2004.
But, my husband drinks them occasionally as sometimes he works 18 hour days with no coffee shops for 200 miles.

They should have a label though, a big one, outlining the risks.


I don't know, I don't think they have a case either, not what the thread is about.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

I shouldn't sport with you this way. It isn't fair.

Do forgive me.


As I thought, you do not have a valid point. Funny that you back out trying to act superior.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 

No, dear, you don't get what is going on. It isn't fair to you.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by SpearMint
 

No, dear, you don't get what is going on. It isn't fair to you.


I echo my last reply, your comment contains nothing of value, you're just trying to act superior, it isn't working. You've resorted to this after not being able to answer my question. So either do so or stop posting off topic comments please.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I gave my answer several replies back. The idiot will not contribute to the gene pool unlike others who slip through the cracks.

If one idiot fails to contribute to the gene pool that means a multiple number of her potential idiots down the line will never exist. Voila. Fewer idiots.

Now, was the remedial math necessary or are you really that daft?






top topics



 
15
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join