The joyful joys of Job Seekers allowance just got more joyful in the UK

page: 14
35
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus
 


No problem mate re the spelling but why should people who don't work and obviously have no intention of working have a better life than other people working hard paying their taxes
that these people benefit from.

Like I said before everyone should have shelter, food and clothing but I have been paying taxes into the system for longer than you have been alive yet if I am paid off I get treated exactly like you!

I will have paid more in tax than you have even earned but I wouldn't get any more extra benefits than you!




posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


How are the unemployed responsible for your low wages? Now that the MSN are reporting the end of the recession, how long before your employer pays you a living wage?


There has been an 86% increase in workers claiming housing benefit in the last three years as private rents across England soar, according to a new report.


www.24dash.com...


And in other news, (same publication, mind) housing associations in Liverpool now have access to the council's benefits data bases. How long before other commercial interests, including private landlords, will demand equal access to individual benefit information?

www.24dash.com...



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


How are the unemployed responsible for your low wages? Now that the MSN are reporting the end of the recession, how long before your employer pays you a living wage?


There has been an 86% increase in workers claiming housing benefit in the last three years as private rents across England soar, according to a new report.


www.24dash.com...


And in other news, (same publication, mind) housing associations in Liverpool now have access to the council's benefits data bases. How long before other commercial interests, including private landlords, will demand equal access to individual benefit information?

www.24dash.com...



Were did I say I had a low wage
I live in a 5 bed detached house, 3 car family, home cinema etc.

SEE what happens when your an ass and butt in without reading all the posts someone makes I was talking about other people I know so why don't you F O!!



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by JeZeus
 


No problem mate re the spelling but why should people who don't work and obviously have no intention of working have a better life than other people working hard paying their taxes
that these people benefit from.

Like I said before everyone should have shelter, food and clothing but I have been paying taxes into the system for longer than you have been alive yet if I am paid off I get treated exactly like you!

I will have paid more in tax than you have even earned but I wouldn't get any more extra benefits than you!



I don`t understand where you`re coming from.

You believe that because you are older than me you should get "special treatment" ? , that`s kind of how your post came across..... i dont know how old you are but you would probably qualify for other benefits , so i cant see your problem.

Look , in this "society" (which is just a fancy word for cage) there is already a huge devide .... rich HATE poor ... yet the poor do thier work ..... middle class think they are the bees knees and look down on the poor since they like to pretend to be rich .... and in the past decade or so we have seen the poor turn on the poor because of ~opinions~ in the media.

All the while the rich get richer and laugh at everyone else.

People who have no intention of working cannot be all tarred with the same brush ...... we have younger generations who DO think it`s easier to live on beneifts (some older ones too) .... and we have the people who are becoming more and more disgusted at the system , who just want to step out of babylon and live as we should be. These people i can agree with , the younger generations who wont work because they WANT to live on benefits are very few and far between - these people need to be tracked down and forced to work . But it is easier to tar us all with the same brush and act like we`re the scum of the earth , when the truth is , we are the people who built the houses , built the shops , hand crafted and fitted , delivered , cooked etc. and our economy is in the #ter because people like us are out of work . Not by choice , by the tory sword.

NOTE : spelling police i`ve gots a gets outtsa jailsus freeees card



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


How are the unemployed responsible for your low wages? Now that the MSN are reporting the end of the recession, how long before your employer pays you a living wage?


There has been an 86% increase in workers claiming housing benefit in the last three years as private rents across England soar, according to a new report.


www.24dash.com...


And in other news, (same publication, mind) housing associations in Liverpool now have access to the council's benefits data bases. How long before other commercial interests, including private landlords, will demand equal access to individual benefit information?

www.24dash.com...



Were did I say I had a low wage
I live in a 5 bed detached house, 3 car family, home cinema etc.

SEE what happens when your an ass and butt in without reading all the posts someone makes I was talking about other people I know so why don't you F O!!


Look mate , i`m trying not to be offencive but you`re testing me with these ignorant posts , i`m going to have to ask you politley , will you please refrain from being aggresive / insulting in your posts , i dont agree with it and i will inform a mod of your behavior if you do not tone it down a little .



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by JeZeus
 


Know what, i'm sick to death of the ignorant little twerps that think if there are no jobs in somebody's town, that they should "just move!"

If people don't have a job, they don't have income.....how, oh HOW, are they expected to afford to buy or rent in a big city where there are more jobs?

Even suggesting commuting, ,any public services are now extremely unaffordable for everyday commuting, absolutely small-minded ridiculousness.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio
 


You're looking at it arse about face..

You find a job, then move, if needs be.

It's no good sitting around waiting for jobs to come to you, you have to go out make your own opportunities.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by domasio
 


You're looking at it arse about face..

You find a job, then move, if needs be.

It's no good sitting around waiting for jobs to come to you, you have to go out make your own opportunities.


Tell me , in this current economic climate , with the tories swinging excalibur "willy nilly" , how on earth is any one supposed to find work ? MOST OF BRITAIN IS UNEMPLOYED , the figures they show you are rigged by schemes (yes , "SCHEME"s) like the work programme , when you are forced into unpaid labour on the Mandatory Work Activity you are not classed as "signing on" , the same goes for the Voluntary / Mandatory Work Programme , and anything else they try to force you on . Then , the next week unemployment rises by seventy thousand .... and people just ignore it and keep watching depressing # like Eastenders and Emmerdale.

The goverenment gets to look all angelic in parlaiment for 5 seconds when they announce fifty thousand people are "back into work" , when infact these people have been forced onto work programmes or kicked off the dole for being "plebs" "oiks" and "peasants".

This whole country is seriously crumbling around our shoulders , and the longer the ignorant refuse to aknowladge that this is unacceptable , the less chance we have of saving England , not Britain , ENGLAND of being wiped from the history books...... sounds silly ? ask and American what COUNTRY you come from , 100% of them will say Britain or The United Kingdom. England is dying.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny
 


Not sure if this is your area but, why the change to the new log sheet and how are you supposed to sustain 20 hours of job seeking a fortnight?

edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



Originally posted by lewman
These jobless on brand new mobile phones etc.. are either not jobless but working without paying tax, selling drugs or still live with their parents. Believe me on between £60 -£70 a week, life is not full of luxery's and especially when you have to pay almost half of that on bills, I just dont see how anyone could live a life of luxery.


edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Sinny
 


Not sure if this is your area but, why the change to the new log sheet and how are you supposed to sustain 20 hours of job seeking a fortnight?

edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)


Hello aivlas sorry to butt in , but what changes to the new log sheet ? i havent noticed anything "new" other than the sanctions and the un reliable security guards playing with mobile phones.

To be fair all i do is look for work , its what i want, its what i need to survive , i`ve got far too much time on my hands and no food in the pot , so i suppose im knocking on 80 to 100 hours of jobseeking per fortnight . The thing is when they see you on the other side of the desk they treat you like scum.

The staff is still the same though , infact i signed today and it was the woman who forced me into unpaid labour (and laughed when i told her she breached my human rights) , who greeted me with "any changes to your circumstances ? " and a slimey grin on her horrid little reptillian head , lets just say she`s lucky i dont hit females because at the minute i`ve got nothing to lose and jail would put a roof over my head and food in my somache , but it includes living in a concrete box so i`m not too keen on the idea
edit on 26-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus
 


At my local job center we used to get a booklet (when/what/will do), now we get a piece of paper that goes in to a lot more detail (contact name/contact number/time spent). Maybe branch specific?

Without also looking to move, I don't see how the 20 hours is sustainable. I guess you could set up a rotation system so your only contacting reachable places of work every other day.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus
 


Just a tad melodramatic, matey.

"Most" of the country isn't unemployed in the slightest. You can claim they are cooking the books (and I am sure there is some of that going on), but it would have to an amazing chef to be able to cook the books that much were "most" of the UK was unemployed.

However, it isn't the Government who produce the statistics, its the ONS, who are an independent body and widely accepted as producing accurate statistics for a wide range of datasets in the UK.

The UK figures are even broken down into the total out of work and those who receive JSA. For example, they report 2.53 million as unemployed (a person is classed as unemployed if they are not only out of work, but also actively looking for work and available to start work within a fortnight). Out of them, 1.5 million claim JSA. There are currently over 30 million people in paid work.

Hardly "most", is it?

As for the last bit about England, the UK and the EU, well, that's another topic but I think you'll find we have much common ground.

Point of interest, as many like to paint a North South divide and make out like us "Southerners" are ignorant of the plight, this simply is not true either. Below is a link to a BBC article using ONS figures and it shows unemployment as quite varied across the nation, with the highest amounts of unemployed seen in the cities both North and South, which stands to reason. There are parts of the North with much lower unemployment than the richest parts of the South.

It's the age old divide and conquer, whether it be employed vs unemployed, rich vs poor or North vs South. Each political outfit has it's own story, such as the Cons "hating the poor" while at the same time, Labour like to play up the perceived North South divide. It's all rubbish really as it's a total patchwork depending on a variety of reasons.

Unemployment in the UK



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by domasio
 


You're looking at it arse about face..

You find a job, then move, if needs be.

It's no good sitting around waiting for jobs to come to you, you have to go out make your own opportunities.


one of the things a potential employer will look at is timekeeping and how you would get there. so they would consider your method of transport and how far away you live, at this point you have not moved there yet because you have not been offered the job. so they will see somebody who is unemployed with no car living in new york applying for a job in Texas and laugh. so you tell them your willing to move there if they offer the job, they want somebody to start straight away, they have not got time to wait for you to arrange moving. in the u.k. you would first need to find a suitable property you could afford on those wages and if you were lucky and found one instantly, you would then need to save for a removal van and pay to shift your stuff which when unemployed could cost more money than you have spare in 3 months.

one question i remember being asked at every interview i ever had is "how would you get here" they consider this BEFORE offering the job.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


You do realise that you`re using the bbc as the source for this dont you ?

The bbc is told what to say by the puppet masters , that`s kind of what i was saying in my last post.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas
 


Must be regional or something , same old booklet up here , they grunt at you , let you sign the card , then tell you to # off.

"The Jobs You Want , The Help You Need" my arse



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11
 


I've never once experienced anything like you've described. In fact, I'd bet that most employers would be rather impressed at a willingness to move and adapt.

For example, when I was an apprentice @ Nortel, we were based in Maidenhead. We had several chaps who came from Yorkshire and Scotland who the company took on because they had the right mindset and skills, then they helped them find places to live, either through lodging with other employees or finding a house share.

My own brother got a job in New York whilst he was in Australia.

As for needing to start "immediately", again, I've never had a single job offer that was to start straight away. Often, there is a lag of 2-3 weeks while access, accounts etc are all set up. This even applies to temp work where you might still have to wait a fortnight before starting. Only in low-skilled/manual work will you ever get on a job that quickly.

At any rate, its a personal choice and I can understand people not being willing to move from their home towns, but at the same time you can't then come on the internet and bleat how hard it is to find work, when in reality you're not looking far enough afield. Surely it is basic common sense? No work here - move? Same as if there was no food, or water, or houses.

It is ironic some on ATS have blamed the immigrant for stealing jobs while at the same time being unwilling to move from an area with no jobs, expecting the work to come to them. The reason these immigrants come here and get hired is because they actually show a work ethic and desire that most in the UK seem to have lost, instead we find it has been replaced with a sense of entitlement and looking to place blame firmly at somebody else's feet.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus
reply to post by stumason
 


You do realise that you`re using the bbc as the source for this dont you ?

The bbc is told what to say by the puppet masters , that`s kind of what i was saying in my last post.


The stats remain the same no matter which particular source I choose. I reckon I could link the ONS directly, it wouldn't be good enough. Then again, the ONS displays it's figures in very hard to discern tables and datasheets, so I can link them but it will hurt your eyes.

The fact of the matter is you cannot dispute the figures, so you're attacking the outlet reporting the figures, which is basically the same as being unable to win an argument based on facts and resorting to character assassination instead..

By all means, prove me wrong and demonstrate how "most of the UK" is unemployed and how the figures are being doctored to hide the fact. Until that point, it's just a lot of hot air, I'm afraid.



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by lifeform11
 


I've never once experienced anything like you've described. In fact, I'd bet that most employers would be rather impressed at a willingness to move and adapt.

For example, when I was an apprentice @ Nortel, we were based in Maidenhead. We had several chaps who came from Yorkshire and Scotland who the company took on because they had the right mindset and skills, then they helped them find places to live, either through lodging with other employees or finding a house share.

My own brother got a job in New York whilst he was in Australia.

As for needing to start "immediately", again, I've never had a single job offer that was to start straight away. Often, there is a lag of 2-3 weeks while access, accounts etc are all set up. This even applies to temp work where you might still have to wait a fortnight before starting. Only in low-skilled/manual work will you ever get on a job that quickly.

At any rate, its a personal choice and I can understand people not being willing to move from their home towns, but at the same time you can't then come on the internet and bleat how hard it is to find work, when in reality you're not looking far enough afield. Surely it is basic common sense? No work here - move? Same as if there was no food, or water, or houses.

It is ironic some on ATS have blamed the immigrant for stealing jobs while at the same time being unwilling to move from an area with no jobs, expecting the work to come to them. The reason these immigrants come here and get hired is because they actually show a work ethic and desire that most in the UK seem to have lost, instead we find it has been replaced with a sense of entitlement and looking to place blame firmly at somebody else's feet.


What is you`re obsession with moving ?

You sound like a tory , if you dont mind me saying so .... if you do, well
, do you really think that everyone in this country can just get up and skip into the next town/city to find a job ?

Have the british been " kicking off " about immigrants for days ... or YEARS ?

It IS the immigrants , It IS the government , It IS the muslims , and they ARE spoon feeding the masses propaganda on adaily basis in order to keep thier cash flow , call me wierd or a fascsist or a racist - whatever you like , it`s time we put a stop to it and got this country back in order . There`s going to be a massive race war in Britain , muslims running around with machettes and ak-47s right near you , but that sounds silly because your reality is protected with conservative bubble wrap


The polish scattered back home a couple of years ago after milking us dry , they left us with polish food stores all over britain , some parts of Britain are like India - others like Bosnia


No ships , no shipyards , no steel industry , no coal industry , disgraceful oil industry , most of the food`s imported , drug addicts left right and centre , soldiers sleeping on the streets , war veterans / disabled people / the elderly - having benefits cut and being told *we dont help people in your position* when applying for crisis loans.

The truth hurts , but laughing it off as nonsense is pointless when it`s right in your face.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus
 


sounds about right.

Finished looking through the thread.......could someone link some average weekly cost of living estimates or the post they were linked in?

Regardless of location

You could get £56.25, £71 or £111.45 a week

Sign on today
edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's the same in Germany. It can happen they force you into an €1/hour job, If you refuse you lose all benefits.

This can be VERY bad for people who make efforts to get out of unemployment eg. by trying to become self employed.

I *can* understand people who, at the first glance, think it's fair and just that people who receive benfits will also have to work "like anyone else". Clear, no problem understanding this way of thinking.

BUT..the problem is that such "jobs" are in no way helping anyone, you wont get skills/education/references or better work opportunities in the future because you worked some sh!t job like pulling weeds 8 hours a day. In fact, it can be BAD to put those jobs on a resume. And as i pointed out above, it can really hold you back if you want to make something "real", being forced to work 8 hours a day doing something which IN NO WAY will help you any step further away from unemployment.
edit on 26-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
35
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

log in

join