It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joyful joys of Job Seekers allowance just got more joyful in the UK

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dodger13
Google "New Enterprise Allowance" for more info. The policy change has taken effect as of this month, so anyone on JSA can apply (it used to be you had to be on JSA for over 6 months).

All the best.

Well if it had been changed there is certainly no mention of it in your source document.You still have have to have been on JSA for 6 months before you are even eligible to apply for it.

NEA is available to Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) claimants aged 18 and over who have been claiming for 26-weeks or more.

Source

You have to prove your idea for a business is viable AND will grow in the future. After all that they will give you an average of £50 a week allowance to 'help' your business. Not enough to even rent a single room for a week to run your business from.

Of course with the new rules you could be forced into an impossible minimum wage job long before you become eligible just to apply for "New Enterprise Allowance".

edit on 25-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well if it had been changed there is certainly no mention of it in your source document.You still have have to have been on JSA for 6 months before you are even eligible to apply for it.

Looks like they haven't updated their site yet, the change only came in this week I think.

In addition to extending the NEA to more jobseekers the scheme will be made easier to access - Previously those on Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) had to wait for three months to gain access to NEA; now they can start working with a business mentor from day one.

And there are other grants out there to help you get started, so its not just the above. Dont get me wrong, I know the system is sh1t. But rather than just having a go the OP like the majority of people on here, I'm actually trying to help him.

Source

edit on 25-10-2012 by Dodger13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by Dodger13 because: added quote

edit on 25-10-2012 by Dodger13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

First of all can YOU actually read so lets see its exclamation not explanation and it was done to emphasize not ask a question.

They boast about it, it's not neighbours being nosey they both talk about it to other parents when picking up the kids from school, all about the latest holiday plans , when the car will be replace etc.

Well they are supposed to be not fit for work they seem to cope quite happily with sitting in a plane for 9 hours why not try a desk instead or a seat in a production line?

How is it tough they have a 3 bed semi-detached house new build, a car which is a top of the range people carrier and the neighbours don't watch them they are ALWAYS talking about their situation.

Oh and it's beyond not boyond!

I never start trouble have finished things on a few occasions like a guy that tried to vandalise my car or another that tried to mug me
I am not big just well trained that’s why I don’t start things!

I am not jealous in any way 5 bed detached house, 3 car family, home cinema etc built up during 30+ years of hard graft, but I have many friends with both partners working and they don’t have the house, car or holidays that these 2 work shy gits enjoy!!

You have also paid tax mate and still do when you buy things BUT like you I have no control on how that is spent

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

i`ve had many jobs , i was an apprentice bar-fitter , an apprentice joiner , a chain boy (assistant civil engineer) , a bar steward , a handy man, and my last job was as an "Assembler" but i did more labouring/joinery than anything else. I`ve been painting/decorating for friends and family for about 5 years now with no complaints.

So if you're now 25, and have been painting/decorating for 5 years, you had at least 6 jobs before you were 20 and got made redundant from all of them?! That's bad luck .....

Although if you've been painting/decorating for 5 years - presumably self employed? - I assume you've been declaring your income and paying taxes like the rest of us. Any particular reason why your self employment came to an end?

Actually i have never been self employed i think you read that wrong , i have been decorating for family and friends in my spare time and i was paid cash in hand. There is nothing wrong , nor illegal with that considering the fact that i was also working and paying taxes + VAT.

I mentioned it purely to paint a picture portraying my experience in manual labour , both skilled and un skilled.

Any particular reason as to why you are asking ?

edit on 25-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

Because obviously you weren't declaring your income and were therefore defrauding the country. Even if you have another salaried job, if you do additional work 'cash in hand' it should be declared and the relevant taxes paid on it.

Why should you be different to me?

(Edit: for the record, I am self employed but don't pay any taxes because my meagre income is below the threashold. According to our wonderful govt I live in abject poverty ...... But that's another issue!)

btw I take it you're no longer homeless? And an income? You have internet access.....
edit on 25-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

i`ve had many jobs , i was an apprentice bar-fitter , an apprentice joiner , a chain boy (assistant civil engineer) , a bar steward , a handy man, and my last job was as an "Assembler" but i did more labouring/joinery than anything else. I`ve been painting/decorating for friends and family for about 5 years now with no complaints.

So if you're now 25, and have been painting/decorating for 5 years, you had at least 6 jobs before you were 20 and got made redundant from all of them?! That's bad luck .....

Although if you've been painting/decorating for 5 years - presumably self employed? - I assume you've been declaring your income and paying taxes like the rest of us. Any particular reason why your self employment came to an end?

Actually i have never been self employed i think you read that wrong , i have been decorating for family and friends in my spare time and i was paid cash in hand. There is nothing wrong , nor illegal with that considering the fact that i was also working and paying taxes + VAT.

I mentioned it purely to paint a picture portraying my experience in manual labour , both skilled and un skilled.

Any particular reason as to why you are asking ?

edit on 25-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

Because obviously you weren't declaring your income and were therefore defrauding the country. Even if you have another salaried job, if you do additional work 'cash in hand' it should be declared and the relevant taxes paid on it.

Why should you be different to me?

(Edit: for the record, I am self employed but don't pay any taxes because my meagre income is below the threashold. According to our wonderful govt I live in abject poverty ...... But that's another issue!)

btw I take it you're no longer homeless? And an income? You have internet access.....

Hold up , why are you giving me the impression that you expect me to explain myself to you ?

Mother`s house / internet ..... sleeping on streets ...... read the thread before posting , or you`re just being ignorant.

Tell me , if my disabled grandmother wants her house decorated and has to pay 40 pounds plus per room ...... how is it illegal for me to do the whole house for free and find she`s stuffed 10 pounds into my coat pocket when i wasnt looking ?

If a friend is on hard times and cant afford a decorator , how is it illegal for me to do thier decorating ?

Why would i declare these "favours" ? , and would the tax from 10 pounds every six months or so make much difference to our economy ?

C`mon , poverty ? you`re self employed , why arent YOU paying any tax.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by JeZeus

First of all can YOU actually read so lets see its exclamation not explanation and it was done to emphasize not ask a question.

They boast about it, it's not neighbours being nosey they both talk about it to other parents when picking up the kids from school, all about the latest holiday plans , when the car will be replace etc.

Well they are supposed to be not fit for work they seem to cope quite happily with sitting in a plane for 9 hours why not try a desk instead or a seat in a production line?

How is it tough they have a 3 bed semi-detached house new build, a car which is a top of the range people carrier and the neighbours don't watch them they are ALWAYS talking about their situation.

Oh and it's beyond not boyond!

I never start trouble have finished things on a few occasions like a guy that tried to vandalise my car or another that tried to mug me
I am not big just well trained that’s why I don’t start things!

I am not jealous in any way 5 bed detached house, 3 car family, home cinema etc built up during 30+ years of hard graft, but I have many friends with both partners working and they don’t have the house, car or holidays that these 2 work shy gits enjoy!!

You have also paid tax mate and still do when you buy things BUT like you I have no control on how that is spent

Sorry but i dont think you understand that these people do not need to explain themselves to anybody unless there is evidence that they are committing benefit fraud , even then , the explaination will be to the legal system , not the neighbours.

I want say this without causing any offence or coming across as ignorant -- i honestly do not care how these people live thier life , nor should you , have some respect for them since the last thing this country needs is the working class imploding on its self.

NOTE : spelling was off this morning since i hadnt slept for two days.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
you sir, are the out of touch, over spoken, well to do morons that have ruined britain
your either naieve or a paid liar
tell me WHY we pay tax?

Overspoken and out of touch? So I am not allowed an opinion simply because I do not fall into the correct category? As for the out of touch thing, far from it mate. I'm not on a fortune, I've spent time unemployed and homeless myself and have worked hard to get to the point where I can provide for myself and family. I've been there mate and got the bloody t-shirt, I just don't bleet on about how it's always someone else's fault.

Why do we pay tax? In a nutshell so the "state" can provide what we expect it to provide. Not sure what clever twist you're going to put on it however, so let's sit back and see.

thats how the brain works of the pompus morons who think they have the right to discuss of the young get help.
this is a comment made by someone who had free education...and given a grant to go to uni

Did I? News to me, but then you said it so it must be true, hey? Left home at 16 with 5 GCSE's to my name, never went to sixth form and never went to Uni. I did, however, do a modern apprenticeship on a measly £10k a year while living on my own and having bills to pay. How's that? Am I allowed an opinion now I'm not some silver-spooned Etonite?

they only lower the price if they dont fill the places
but you..... got a big grant to go didnt you

Everybody gets a grant, so the price is really a moot point. Whether it's £5 or £9000 a year, nobody needs money to go to Uni, just the grades.

how cute you forgot about the relentless interest that piles up

The whole thing times out after 20 or so years, so it matters not, really. If your earnings go up, the payments go up, but if at the end of the life there is still money owing, it's written off. I really do not understand why people are winging, personally I think it's down to not understanding the basics.

hilarious
so young english students cant go to uni...but rich asians flying in can...
even at 9.000 a year its top quality????? is that how they did the math...you know "they"...they are like you...they got free education

Huh? Why can't English students go to Uni? The foreign students actually allow the Uni's to break even, because they are actually paying a hell of a lot more than any UK student does.

I really don't know why you think I am some son of a rich man, Eton type. My dad was in the army and when I left home he was officially bankrupt. No family wealth here... I suggest you change tack and try another angle.

the fact is...too many people are getting A`s in exams....now they need to generate a workforce...ie this BS

Exams have been made a hell of a lot easier over the past 20 years, that cannot be denied. But that was actually a Labour policy to get everyone into Uni. They wanted 50% of people to go to Uni, so much so many people have done Uni courses which are of little or no value in the real world.

tut tut
disgusting

Why? I see the same attitude time and again. "There are no jobs in my town!" Then bloody well move! I would and have done. Go where the work is, it's not rocket science.

what about those people made redundant?...when public sector has to cut back and sack civil servants

I've been made redundant on more than one occasion. You find another job, there is always work.

we`d be better off if we dont use public money for private companies
bailing out the banks and state sponsord wars
we`d be better off if thieves like you jump off a cliff....and take the pompuss with you....free up some jobs for these unemployed benefit loungers

Thief? Substantiate your claim, matey. I'd hazard a guess and say I pay more in tax than you do. How dare you call me a thief? I#ve never so much as claimed a single benefit.

to sum up..i pay tax for two reasons
hospitals...and benefits

It's not a pick and mix.

do you know how annoying you sound,,,,,youour like that lam kid at school who is the only one with a football...nice up there on your pedestal is it?

It was a genuine offer and it's your tone that is irritating. Full of excuses and no solutions. At least I was trying to help. To be honest though, I can see why you hate people who are either educated or in employment, must be hard getting a job with such a piss poor command of your native language. Maybe you're just angry at your own missed chances?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dodger13

Best of luck with going self employed...Its the only route for most ordinary people to escape poverty and have a reasonable quality of life. Plus as your own boss, your not going to have the p155 taken pout of you every day.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Mother`s house / internet ..... sleeping on streets ......

So you were sleeping on the streets but now you live with your mother. Any reason you couldn't have dne so sooner? Makes getting a job much easier

Tell me , if my disabled grandmother wants her house decorated and has to pay 40 pounds plus per room ...... how is it illegal for me to do the whole house for free and find she`s stuffed 10 pounds into my coat pocket when i wasnt looking ?

If a friend is on hard times and cant afford a decorator , how is it illegal for me to do thier decorating ?

Nothing wrong with doing a bit of work for family or friend, and even getting paid in kind - so long as you don't make a living out of it for 5 years. As you implied. Though you should really declare even £10 (not that anyone does!). Presumably all this time, whilst claiming jobseekers' benefit, you were daily seeking a proper job? Or were you defrauding the public?

[quoteWhy would i declare these "favours" ? , and would the tax from 10 pounds every six months or so make much difference to our economy ?

Because it's the law. And because if you expect something from the State you should give something to the State.

C`mon , poverty ? you`re self employed , why arent YOU paying any tax.

Because although I run my own business, my net income per year is less that £9,000. Therefore I don't have to pay tax. It's the law

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

But is your lifestyle a £9,000 a year lifestyle I don't think it will be!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

No, More like a £11,000 a year lifestyle. The Govt give me 'tax credits' which pay for alcohol and tobacco that I'd not otherwise be able to afford

Don't agree with it, but I'd be a fool not to accept it?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I said nothing of the sort , please quote the post in which i stated that i have made a living off of it in the past 5 years .

As i said , please read through the thread before commenting , i am homeless , my mother has let me sleep here for a couple of days - and i do not need to explain to anybody why i do not live with my mother.

You seem to be trying to make a point , i`d love to hear it because from where i`m sitting , you sound worse than anyone on JSA , but that`s simply my opinion , and I do not expect you to explain yourself to me or anyone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Arguing the toss over a tenner. Bet the likes of camoron and crew. Protected by friends of sa VILE would love to be reading this thread. They would all be smiling and giving each other, dodgy hidden handshakes. wink wink.
Its not the dole wallahs we should be investigating. Banksters Free masons greedy Govt ministers. Are just a few of the crooks that have messed everything up. That is were our anger should be focused and investigating.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its not so long ago that some countries considered giving everyone a flat rate of living allowance..and it would have been a lot more than 60 quid a week...(of course this idea never would have been given a split seconds thought in the UK anyhow..as the idea is to always have a massive underclass, you know in case they even need tons of people to throw over the trenches again or work in the revolving door service industry )..
The idea of a flat rate universal allowance...was that anyone that wanted to work could work to earn more, and anyone who couldn't or didn't want to work would have enough money to live on (enough money to live on..meaning to live better than an animal...maybe then people at the bottom could develop some self respect etc..instead of feeling like cr4p...in cr4p)...The idea isn't a bad idea...it would stop the small amount of benefit fraud..and more over it would stop the even bigger, widespread perception of benefit scrounging. In essence everyone would be on benefits...but those who wanted to work would make more money obviously...but better still, they would shut their begrudging traps about "lazy people scrounging our hard earned taxes".

When you look at what the banks have been getting away with and more over...been continually enabled by the governments of the western world to continue to rip the world off.
Then think about if all of that "to big to fail" money had of been distributed among the people...you would have seen, loads of new businesses pop up over night...say if everyone had of been given 10 or 20 grand of seed money..to do whatever they liked with...sure many would have drunk and smoked it away..but many would have jump started their lives with it..But no...chuck good money after bad... that's the way we do it in Britain. it doesnt matter where the money goes, they would rather burn it, than invest in society at large.
edit on 25-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OH and lets not forget the "misplaced millions" that the agency hired to help those back into work
A4E squandered away all that dosh and nothing really happened to them. WE WOULD BE IN JAIL.
this is from last year but i doubt anything has changed THEY just got caught.

Last weekend, allegations of fraud and widespread malpractice prompted a House of Commons to take tough action against A4e, which has won more than £200 million worth of contracts to run welfare-to-work schemes since the election.
source LOOK LEFT.com

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
OH and lets not forget the "misplaced millions" that the agency hired to help those back into work
A4E squandered away all that dosh and nothing really happened to them. WE WOULD BE IN JAIL.
this is from last year but i doubt anything has changed THEY just got caught.

Last weekend, allegations of fraud and widespread malpractice prompted a House of Commons to take tough action against A4e, which has won more than £200 million worth of contracts to run welfare-to-work schemes since the election.
source LOOK LEFT.com

What shocked me was thier childish excuses and attempts to avoid telling the truth , they are obviously a tory puppet , just like G4S

www.youtube.com...

^ that says it all ^ (old footage)

A4e is now operating in prisons , well , was supposed to be untill this tiny little problem popped up :

www.guardian.co.uk...

Something i find odd ,
G4S security are the main security in UK Prisons.
G4S security are the main security in UK JobCentres

A4e are the main "service" "provider" for UK JobCentres
A4e are about to become the main "service" "provider" in UK Prisons

Are the tories trying to tell us something ?

edit on 26-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The secret to life is to AVOID the Benefit Office at all costs. NEver, NEVER go there. It is not the solution - IT IS THE PROBLEM.

I arrived in London with no job, no friends, no home, no qualifications and 13 pounds to my name - 13 years later, I was worth over 40,000 and had a flashy apartment overlooking Hyde Park.

How I did it...

1. Don't worry about a place to live, but don't tell anyone

2. Just get a job with an address randomly selected from a phone book. (And just accept that your first paycheque is going into the "oblivion")

3. Once you have an address, get an apartment/room right in the centre, somewhere like Bayswater.

4. Bang in a change of address to your employer once you have a REAL place to live before their first paycheque to you comes back returned (if it is returned and not cashed by some-random-person at the random address) - either way just forget about your first paycheck - write it off.

5. Now save like hell, get your self a smart suit and work weekends on security/bar work.

6. Use proximity to the City Of London and your funds to start stagging shares - it'll make you loads and it's legal.

...And your off the street and on your way to a fat fortune..

Alternatively, pour all your life, energy and time into the dole office only to be abused and stay slouched on the street, your life squandered away in a SH1THOLE like Sunderland.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I dislike this type of behavior even if it is just some other country. It does not benefit you to do work for free and 12 hours shift for fark sakes my god we did that in the military over seas and I hated it mostly for the useless nature of my particular line of work but my god I would be a bit non compliant over that as well.

But when the food cart is lock and key and you have no options like some places over there it is despicable and not a life worth living under such rules.

Have and have not sure have not come a long way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by georgemoseleylander

Paycheque sent to your address what decade are you talking about, I first started work late 70's no employer I have worked for would ever have done that

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me , but there does seem to be a cynical campaign to turn working people against the unemployed. The problem is when those working people become unemployed themselves. You only need to see what happened at Ford in Dagenham yesterday. I'm sure a few weeks ago, many of those employees, thought the unemployed were scroungers.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join