Armstrong banned for life, stripped of seven Tour titles

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Armstrong banned for life, stripped of seven Tour titles

Speaking from Geneva, International Cycling Union President Pat McQuaid confirmed to a news conference that UCI had decided to uphold USADA'S decision to strip Armstrong of his Tour titles. "Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling," McQuaid said. Now it is the turn of Tour de France organizers to have their say as the race prepares to celebrate its 100th edition next year. Armstrong won consecutive Tours from 1999-2005. Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme said earlier the Tour will have no official winners for the seven races Armstrong won if he is stripped of his victories by the UCI. USADA has said the Tour titles should not be given to other riders who finished on the podium. The agency said 20 of the 21 riders on the podium in the Tour from 1999 through 2005 have been "directly tied to likely doping through admissions, sanctions, public investigations" or other means. It added that of the 45 riders on the podium between 1996 and 2010, 36 were by cyclists "similarly tainted by doping."

Looks like the witch hunt has reached the end. It is not right that he be stripped of these titles with no physical evidence to back it up. He has passed every doping test they have given him. The doping agency is going solely on the word of proven liars and people who were given endorsements to testify.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

He cheated and got caught...what can we say he had a good run....or is that ride while it lasted

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Doping in ingrained in road cycling. It's sad to see the lengths people will go to just to succeed/achieve. If cyclists are will to go to that extent, imagine what our polititians are willing to do to get into power.

We humans are in incredibly faulty breed. Amazing that we are supposedly created in God's likeness.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Looks as though LA learned his tricks from horse trainers - the bad ones that is.

"The USADA report said Armstrong and his teams used steroids, the blood booster EPO and blood transfusions. The report included statements from 11 former teammates who testified against Armstrong."

He has been described as the worst doping/drug offender in all of sports! Whoever disagrees is simply in denial.

Too bad he's an American...........
edit on 22-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

He didn't get caught, that is the thing.

Only on speculation and witness testimony. He is a notorious jagoff, I bet some ticked people are getting back at him.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

He didn't get caught, that is the thing.

Only on speculation and witness testimony. He is a notorious jagoff, I bet some ticked people are getting back at him.

HE DID GET CAUGHT!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They wouldnt strip him unless the evidence was bullet proof because they know if it isnt he take them to court and win.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Which tests came up positive?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by nixie_nox

They wouldnt strip him unless the evidence was bullet proof because they know if it isnt he take them to court and win.

Everything they are saying is on testimony only there is no physical evidence. They even went back and retested samples they had of his and they still came out clean.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It is kinda scarey that it takes a handful of testimony to strip one of the world's greatest athletes.

Apparently for once, I am the only one to see the conspiracy in this. I don't even like the guy, he is an ahole. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a world class athlete.

Plus, they never accuse the losers of doping, do they?
edit on 22-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I love what Lewis Black said on the Daily Show about it.

BAck in Black

This is a guy who cancer in his lungs, his brains, his testicles. He lost one of his balls, for Christ's sake. And he's getting double the amount of oxygen out of every breath!? The question shouldn't be 'was he doping?' but 'why aren't all of us doping?' I get winded lighting a cigarette!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sometime's karma takes awhile to show but eventually we'll all reap what we sow.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

there is a massive amount of eyewitness testimony given under oath - nearly a dozen former team mates have ruined their own reputations by telling the truth, many of whom had not tested positive before

this isn't about lance armstrong - it's about the ubiquity of cheating in proffessional cycling in the recent past

fans of the sport (as i am) deserve the truth - and it's that armstrong and many others were cheating

if someone committed a crime against you and ten people witnessed it and gave evidence in court, i think you'd be pretty disapointed if they got off
edit on 22-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Courts should figure out how much money Lance made due to each of his first place wins. Everything he owns should be auctioned off and the proceeds split evenly amongst the seven second place finishers of the tours seven years. Providing of course that the second place guys were not doping. If they were keep going down the line till you find the highest finisher that did not dope.

Lance stole millions of dollars from other athletes. Stripping his medals? I think as long as he has a bank account he could give a crap. it is the kind of guy Lance is.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aynock

there is a massive amount of eyewitness testimony given under oath - nearly a dozen former team mates have ruined their own reputations by telling the truth, many of whom had not tested positive before

this isn't about lance armstrong - it's about the ubiquity of cheating in proffessional cycling in the recent past

fans of the sport (as i am) deserve the truth - and it's that armstrong and many others were cheating

if someone committed a crime against you and ten people witnessed it and gave evidence in court, i think you'd be pretty disapointed if they got off
edit on 22-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

Ya...the reality is...this is a real conspiracy (if it is wrongful)...

1. Too many witnesses have testified against him
2. By testifying aginst him, they have ruined thier own reputations
3. LA has too much to lose by admitting

For all we know, LA has some sociopathic tendencies that have made this circus go on for as long as it has...place one lie on top of another and they just keep getting harder and harder to deny...

A99
edit on 22-10-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
He did not pass every test they gave him. This is a myth that somehow gets repeated over and over. Several times there were traces of banned substances. These were explained away by saying he was taking medication. His doctor wrote him prescriptions for it after he got caught. He also got blood transfusions to try and hide the doping.

The guy was a very good cheater. He almost got away with it. But the gig is up.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lawsuits will soon follow and do not be surprised if we see criminal and/or civil court cases coming out of this - including the Feds. I suspect that all the other teams that he cheated along the way will want a cut of his vast fortune by means of lawsuit action - deservedly so. How many lawyers do you think are out there sharpening their knives as we speak ?
edit on 22-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know there are some idolaters who will worship this guy till the end of time. But he was a snake. He dumped his girlfriend (Sheryl Crow) when she got cancer. What kind of a scumbag would do that? This cheater does not deserve any praise or respect.

new topics
top topics

join