It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "The Powers That Be" get presidents to cooperate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It seems to me that after a mere 4 years in office every President appears to have aged enormously.

Could it be that they are controlled by being made privy to "Things That Man Was Not Meant To Know" ?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by texasgirl

I wasn't really disappointed about the lack of theories, more about the lack of discussions surrounding the specific example I provided.

Anyways, now that does sound like something from The X-files.

That's because of your specific example is from a TV Show and it reads like it. There are a million methods of control over people, and you chose one example that really isn't probable unless a number of circumstances around it all fit into place.

The first problem with direct action against a sitting president or a member of their family is that they are the highest profile person in the country (and one could argue on the planet). Your suggestion is a messy one that is risky, easily countered, and unrealistic in most situations.

You are also overlooking the fact that whoever has influence in those circles, is somehow directly opposed to the presidents actions while in office.

If you look at the Bush administration, it was pretty clear the largest influence in private and public America during the Bush reign, was all part of the Bush camp itself.

Although I would entertain that Cheney and Rove had far more influence in the whole mess.

Cheney was just bold enough to have a little "hunting accident" too. That's a little movie-ish for you. What did you think about that when it happened? The cartoon columns did the best justice for the event.
edit on 23-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but back when Ross Perot ran for pres, him and his family were threatened with death if they didnt drop out completely from people behind Bush..

Of course the media and other lackeys all laughed it off as lies, but it wasn't lies.. He was threatened for certain..

a long list of deaths with the clinton family..

I think it is safe to say there are those behind the scenes that can, and will kill.. when it comes to presidential elections... It is too bad that usually the wrong people get killed though..

Those bad ones that do, and have done the threatening, and the killing, are still out there, never having been charged with anything.. But if they happen to read this , they won't escape their judgement day.. It is coming for them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Using the threat of death and character assassination could get almost anyone to play ball.

In the movies maybe. Character assassination didn't do much for Clinton did it? He beat his impeachment, went on to receive insane amounts for public speaking, and continued to chase tail all over the world...

www.therightperspective.org...

I don't think anyone who has the president leveraged, or is looking for leverage, would want to see a JFK investigation being done on them with the current technology available to public and law enforcement. It is entirely more hassle than the potential reward.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I think it is safe to say there are those behind the scenes that can, and will kill.. when it comes to presidential elections... It is too bad that usually the wrong people get killed though..

Did Ross Perot get killed? No.

If a simple empty threat makes someone in office change their mind, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Did Ross Perot get killed? No.

If a simple empty threat makes someone in office change their mind, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

So it's an empty threat to have your family threatened when running for president, if no one gets killed? Tell that to law enforcement and see if they just forget about it..

Even if it is an empty threat doesn't mean that good people should be subjected to them.. Especially in our country of America!

If I was running for president myself, and someone threatened my family with death, I would would just pull out my gun and shoot them right there.. But that's just me.. And it wouldn't make me change my mind about running..although at that point, my campaign might be shot down

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

So it's an empty threat to have your family threatened when running for president, if no one gets killed? Tell that to law enforcement and see if they just forget about it..

Other people in this thread believe that the oval office members are being threatened. I don't believe it. If it did, I presume it would be a very, very rare circumstance. And given the directive that SS has, one that would be dealt with empty or not. Or the simple fact of how effective SS is when tasked with investigating something like this, would make it empty in practice.

Even if it is an empty threat doesn't mean that good people should be subjected to them.. Especially in our country of America!

Based on the premise of a SG 1 episode.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The presidents are groomed since birth to become presidents. You think the election was rigged only recently?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Since most of my input in this thread was lost on most, and in light of the incorrect definition of "TPTB" I feel is commonly tossed around, I will explain my thoughts.

The OP and others refer to "TPTB" like some large group such as the commonly referred to "NWO" as if it were a shadow group, unison in its membership, that all pull strings from behind closed doors all working to some grand objective.

However, as I pointed out earlier, your mom is just as likely to be a Power That Bes. As a kid, I'm sure there was a number of times she leveraged you to do something you didn't want to, whether or not you knew it was happening at the time.

I think the best example of this is seen in the documentary by the Yes Men. Where a group of trouble making protestors go into conferences and on news casts, pretending to be representatives for large corporations.

In one case, I believe they were impersonating DOW executives, and speaking with a blurred out exec from another company, they started joking around about collateral damage with some of their business practices.

Essentially, the conversation was to the tune of...

"Yeah, well you gotta kill a few people to make money."
"Money is the objective, not keeping people alive."

etc, etc.

Speaking about business practices in other countries that either killed or injured a number of indigenous people. In one case I believe the number was around 3000.

The unnamed exec with a blurred face wasn't in on the joke. He was speaking from his standpoint as a representative of a corporation out to provide dividends to its shareholders, and not care about who ended up dead or sick in some village thousands of miles away from corporate HQ.

In this case (example) the powers that be, is the gentleman having a chuckle about the dead/sick village folk. To the people in those far away villages, towns and cities, the people calling shots overseas in their nice offices, are the powers that be.

With a pen stroke, they might make a decision that levels a community. In some cases, it might be an accident, and in the aftermath, when lawyers are hired to shed responsibility, that person who signed their contract is one of those powers.

And there are millions of people who assume the role, or fit into the category of "the powers that be."

That's what I was trying to get across in this thread. That it isn't as simple as Alex Jones or some other nut likes to make it out, and surely you are not going to find the cookie cutter good guy/bad guy from Hollywood in real life. Things are just much more complicated.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
The presidents are groomed since birth to become presidents. You think the election was rigged only recently?

About time somebody said it. Do you kiddies actually believe "even Lil Johnny can be president"?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

I run a tournament. I enlist 5 teams and let 5 random ones in for a total of 10 teams, Five of them are mine. I select the referee's and the administrators. They disqualify anybody who I don't want to win and I put my 5 teams against each other for real. It doesn't matter who wins, because I always win. If one of my 5 teams wins, I win.
I also think that TPTB operate more or less as you say. Concentration of money defines who is let into the teams that operate on a national/global arena. The ones we point the fingers at most often may not even be the real big time players though they belong to the 0.5 % where the teams are formed.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The question reminds me of a short Bill Hicks funny film:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Other people in this thread believe that the oval office members are being threatened. I don't believe it. If it did, I presume it would be a very, very rare circumstance. And given the directive that SS has, one that would be dealt with empty or not. Or the simple fact of how effective SS is when tasked with investigating something like this, would make it empty in practice.

Based on the premise of a SG 1 episode.

you mean the same SS that has coc aine and whore parties?

deception within political circles is thousands of years old and certainly hasn't gotten any more simple in it's approach.

my theory is when this thing unravels, and it will, that we will find out just how fake and deceptive our government has become, how fake our lives have become and so much more. kind of like a long marriage where the wife finds out the husband is not only cheating on her for years, but that he has several wives and families and it isn't going to be pretty.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What if the presidents are just kept out of the loop, instead of being insiders threatened to keep secrets?
When I look at President Obama, I don't see someone who would honestly condone something like the NDAA. Someone else must have been influencing him somehow. Very strong influences.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
After reading the OP again, I realize I do not have any theories to contribute. Just observations.

I am not sure what I could even offer as those who pull the levers at these levels are not prone to disclosing their machinations. Not a whole lot of clues left behind. Anything we learn would have to be by inference.

One poster spoke of the fly over of AF1 in New York. This is very possible and I am inclined to believe it. However, it would take some time to piece a coherent, convincing time line before most would bite. Tin-foil-hat paint is an effective smear of smoke.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla
reply to post by Renegade2283

Assuredly it's nothing that complicated.

In fact, it's quite simple.

Look at how many of the presidents of the united states have no ties to each other.

Virtually none.

To better get where I'm going with this;

There is a shadow group. This shadow group is what we call TPTB. Lets look at all the presidents of the u.s.

They all have some connection one way or the other. They are mostly all related to other previous presidents.

The ones that aren't, never win.

It's not hard to get the president to go along with the plan of TPTB, if the presidents are part of TPTB.

I run a tournament. I enlist 5 teams and let 5 random ones in for a total of 10 teams, Five of them are mine. I select the referee's and the administrators. They disqualify anybody who I don't want to win and I put my 5 teams against each other for real. It doesn't matter who wins, because I always win.

If one of my 5 teams wins, I win.

It's just like that.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

All USA presidents come/came from same bloodline except for Martin Van Buren.

[yvid]

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your analysis of character assassination is skewed. Whether society will admit it or not, male affairs and chasing tail are traits many will put up with, in fact encourage; especially when coupled with other positive traits such as those that appealed to fans of Clinton. Character assassination in the form of homosexuality, and other non-normative behavior, will likely garner the wanted leverage.
edit on 10/23/2012 by Banananananana because: Grammar,

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
One: Presidents are groomed, chosen ahead of time and are selected based on their ability to be convincing to the electorate. They are figure heads, with zero power, place holders for others who decide what is. Those "others" are a group of eight, they hand down all the orders from there and everyone below them is middle management, expendable at any moment. Once the President is selected, a complicated process of PR and mind control systems are used to give the electorate the illusion they have "chosen' their leader - they have not, they have been steered to select the pre-selected person. There was an interesting story about Justice Thomas. He was met by C. Boyden Gray, a Reagan- Bush 1 adviser and told, in no uncertain terms, that "his time" as a justice was coming, but he'd have to wait until the next round after Kennedy. At that time he was a low level bureaucrat with ZERO judicial experience. Ask yourself, why on earth would a man who has no experience in the field at all, be visited by a high ranking adviser and told he'd have to wait for a job he was wholly unqualified for?

Then it all gets weird, the above is absolutely true and easily verified, the rest you'll have to do a lot of work to understand. Once the person is selected, they are replaced. They are cloned, and have been since Nixon. He was the last "human" person to be in office and his "thinking" for himself was the last straw. The process of a Pres thinking for himself was eliminated by a process of cloning. This is the reason the Presidents all age so much, so fast. once in office. It is the reason they seem "dumb" after being in office. It is the reason EVERYTHING must be scripted, as the clone is there to hold office, not to think. Sometimes things go wrong, a curious part in the hair change on Carter, the excessive gray hair of Obama and Bush, the glitches in speeches, but for the most part the process is seamless as the electorate doesn't really care about anything as long as the guy says the right things and the right time. See Getsmart's excellent threads on the topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Renegade2283

Just like any good operation, they hire and promote from within. Start researching US Presidents and the connections, especially since Kennedy onward, they are mind numbing and not very well hidden.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

What he said. Why go through the lentghs of embracing somebody you have to manipulate and control in order for him to do your bidding, when you can support somebody whom is on your side to begin with. Only ones left to control is the public assuming the voting game is being respected.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banananananana
reply to post by boncho

Your analysis of character assassination is skewed. Whether society will admit it or not, male affairs and chasing tail are traits many will put up with, in fact encourage; especially when coupled with other positive traits such as those that appealed to fans of Clinton. Character assassination in the form of homosexuality, and other non-normative behavior, will likely garner the wanted leverage.
edit on 10/23/2012 by Banananananana because: Grammar,

So the impeachment was what exactly? There are plenty of other presidents that could have been, and some who had large amounts of protests asking for it... Yet it was Clinton that went on trial.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join