It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "The Powers That Be" get presidents to cooperate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by boncho
Life isn't so cloak and dagger the way conspiracy nuts make it out to be, if you are thinking that way, it means you are either really gullible, naive, or very sheltered.

And I believe you have been subconsciously conditioned to think this way when anyone speaks as I did.

Edit: I kinda thought this thread was a good concept and example, yet it gets very little attention.

And some bigoted thread about the LGBT community makes the front page? Dark times indeed.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

Well, you seem to think you and your opinion is quite important. Are you sure you aren't a member of TPTB?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I never said my opinion was important. I said I thought what I had presented was a good example of my concept. But go ahead and twist my words.

Anyways, I got to catch some z's.

Have a nice day ( or morning )

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't think you can get anywhere in politics unless you have a weakness that can be exploited if need be...
spitzer was trying to blow the lid on the real estate bubble before it went bust and well...next thing ya know, he's outed by way of prostitution.
obama might have his own little problem via a birth certificate....
my guess they all have a few skeletons in their closet that can be shook every now and then to make them think twice about going against the wishes of tptb...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Life isn't so cloak and dagger the way conspiracy nuts make it out to be, if you are thinking that way, it means you are either really gullible, naive, or very sheltered.

And I believe you have been subconsciously conditioned to think this way when anyone speaks as I did.

Edit: I kinda thought this thread was a good concept and example, yet it gets very little attention.

And some bigoted thread about the LGBT community makes the front page? Dark times indeed.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

I haven't been conditioned to think anything. Understanding of power structure comes with experience and exposure to said structure. If you are looking for a single group that controls everything at a whim, you will be hard pressed to find anything.

TPTB can be anyone at anytime. Power structures change and are very fluid. Leverage changes and grows and dissipates as relationships are formed and broken.

I don't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp.

Thinking that a presidents kids have to be threatened for anything is hollywood rubbing off on you. It's not to say messages aren't sent to people in public positions, but it can be (often is) a lot more subtle than what you are postulating.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I don't think you can get anywhere in politics unless you have a weakness that can be exploited if need be...
spitzer was trying to blow the lid on the real estate bubble before it went bust and well...next thing ya know, he's outed by way of prostitution.
obama might have his own little problem via a birth certificate....
my guess they all have a few skeletons in their closet that can be shook every now and then to make them think twice about going against the wishes of tptb...

Yes, but if you have control over someone who is relatively clean, they are more valuable than someone with too many skeletons. The perfect person to have in office, is one that only you have leverage with. Otherwise you can lose your asset to the competition.

Also, I don't think Obama had anything to worry about with the BC, the Blagovich scandal on the other hand...
edit on 22-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
ok i'm gonna be the grammer nazi people.. it's quiet.. not quite.. and anywho.. one doesn't get to be president without making a deal prior... these families have been in power for over a hundred years .. generation after generation.. you can't win the election if you dont "make a deal" seriously life isn't like tv in my opinion..

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Until someone can come up with a plausible view on who the “powers that be” actually are AND how they manage to keep vast numbers of people under their sway (from presidents, prime ministers etc al, through to the entire population of investigative journalists), I will have to conclude that just like Stargate, the PTB are fantasy.

Regards

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

charlotte Iserbyte... whistle blower of the 1980's... and I agree.. leave the sci fi on tv... we're talking secret societies here. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Assuredly it's nothing that complicated.

In fact, it's quite simple.

Look at how many of the presidents of the united states have no ties to each other.

Virtually none.

To better get where I'm going with this;

There is a shadow group. This shadow group is what we call TPTB. Lets look at all the presidents of the u.s.

They all have some connection one way or the other. They are mostly all related to other previous presidents.

The ones that aren't, never win.

It's not hard to get the president to go along with the plan of TPTB, if the presidents are part of TPTB.

I run a tournament. I enlist 5 teams and let 5 random ones in for a total of 10 teams, Five of them are mine. I select the referee's and the administrators. They disqualify anybody who I don't want to win and I put my 5 teams against each other for real. It doesn't matter who wins, because I always win.

If one of my 5 teams wins, I win.

It's just like that.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by hellobruce

Um...... The existence of TPTB. Kinda though it was obvious.

The powers that be is just a loose reference to anyone with some type of control over a group, the masses or certain individuals.

Your mom was probably TPTB when you were growing up. Especially if she was withholding sex from your dad...

Presidents don't need to "keep quiet" about anything, big mouths tend not to get the job. Life isn't so cloak and dagger the way conspiracy nuts make it out to be, if you are thinking that way, it means you are either really gullible, naive, or very sheltered.

lol at the first part of your reply and sooo true.

as for the second part i would call that one the other way around. if you're not thinking that way you are a brain dead consumerist happily foraging along like a good little serf.

look our world runs currently on money and power from said money, anyone with half a brain can see that and if you think for one minute the ones with the most money aren't telling the ones with less money what to do and not to do, you're borderline insane.

TPTB have larger and much more well funded security, so to speak. they have their fingers in anyone and everyone's pocket who matter in government and have covered enough government officials to get the job done the way they want it done.

that's hardly a conspiracy, when it's basic deduction and math. big mouths do get the job, but that doesn't mean what comes out of those big mouths isn't scripted or ordered.

the ones they can't buy they threaten, the ones they can't threaten or buy they remove in some manner or make them irrelevant through media and all the TV idiots slurp it up like nectar.

some days i feel like i live in The cabin in the woods and millions of people are only now realizing it's all fugging fake.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
smoke , mirrors , spooks

and shadows //

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just like any good operation, they hire and promote from within. Start researching US Presidents and the connections, especially since Kennedy onward, they are mind numbing and not very well hidden.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

Yes, I agree. Kennedy was connected with Roosevelt. His dad, Joe, worked for him as chairman for the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't mean to give you a short answer but ... "GREED" is how they are controlled. Greed for Money, Greed for Power.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Bill Hicks actually had a pretty interesting theory on how they get the president's to play ball.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

as for the second part i would call that one the other way around. if you're not thinking that way you are a brain dead consumerist happily foraging along like a good little serf.

Not entirely true, if it's not on a site like this, in public I would expect people to answer that way. However here people are coming to discuss it straight. It's not that people are sheep, it's that people keep the status quo, and participate in quid pro quo. You have to read between the lines. Public image and actual character are two totally different things.

When speaking about the President, or anyone else in the spotlight for that matter, you are either talking about their public image or their actual persona.

Are we really only going to rationalize their actions by imagining their kids got kidnapped by a Brando-esque fat guy with a cigar in his mouth?

No. That makes you a victim of hollywood-seeping-into-reality-syndrome.

big mouths do get the job, but that doesn't mean what comes out of those big mouths isn't scripted or ordered.

You can't script a big mouth, or order them. I think you are missing the meaning their. Big mouth as in boyscout. Almost impossible to keep on a leash, but are known for indignant principles. Feared and largely avoided by most. Having one in your pocket is hard, but reduces the chance of someone else stealing your asset.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

the ones they can't buy they threaten, the ones they can't threaten or buy they remove in some manner or make them irrelevant through media and all the TV idiots slurp it up like nectar.

Do you really think there is no competition among people at the top? That there is just one sole group who pull strings from the back room?

I really don't get why people are under the impression that somehow there is just one single group. It makes no sense. Humans are too competitive.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There's a better example than "Stargate".

Just take a look at the change in Obama from when he was elected in Nov 2008 to when he took the oath of office in Jan 2009. He's practically an android by comparison. Gone was the "Hope and Change". Gone was the enthusiam. Gone was the soaring rhetoric.

Obama's administration and agenda was clearly hi-jacked by someone.

The real question is WHO WAS IT? Was it the Democratic Party, his radical Chicago based staff that he surrounded himself with, TPTB, Coporate Sponsors or the Liberal Left Wing Extremists?

It seems on every front Obama sought out advice from experts and then ignored it in favor of some unknown controller and almost in every case directly against the will of the American people.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just like any good operation, they hire and promote from within. Start researching US Presidents and the connections, especially since Kennedy onward, they are mind numbing and not very well hidden.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

Ya, I understand the whole Royal family thing, if that's what your talking about. I was more referring to the ones who won the presidency outside the operation. Like Kennedy, Lincoln, and such.

Kennedy and Lincoln were insiders as much as any other president, they just made a few bad decisions, and got fired. Literally. It wouldn't be the first time they "disciplined" one of their own publicly. I'm sure it won't be the last.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So I guess it doesn't matter who you vote for. It's either Mitt "Metatron" Romney or Barac "Abbadon" Obama.
Take your pick cause either way you are putting in the NEW WORLD ORDER. Good luck with that! Oh, by the way I am going to obey the WORD OF GOD and not be a partaker of this sin. Come out from among them my people!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If I was a politician, and "TPTB" were blackmailing me...

I'd beat them to the punch. I'd have an event, present the blackmail material and state that I was being blackmailed over that information.

Of course, before I did that -- I'd make sure I had some kind of proof that I was being blackmailed.

"Is this how you want your government run? Through fear and intimidation? If the American people want me to step down in light of this new information so be it -- but I will not allow my office to be coerced out of fear. I wish to present to you emails, audio recordings and pictures of the men that are behind this. In the future, if so much as a hair on my or my family's head is harmed, rest assured I will also disclose those responsible to the American people."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join