It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "The Powers That Be" get presidents to cooperate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So, I was talking with my friend the other day and he just couldn't grasp the plausibility of TPTB. Specifically how they get the presidents to keep quite.

So, I began thinking about it and came to the conclusion that they must either threaten the life of the president, or more worrisome, their family

Then I remembered an episode of Stargate Sg-1 that gave a good example.

It's been another action-packed mission for SG-1, which returns to the base taking enemy fire through the Stargate. Colonel O'Neill is barely phased, but General Hammond has had enough. Stating that he's had his fill of sending good people into great danger (and often death) through the gate, he announces his retirement.

O'Neill doesn't buy it, and presses Hammond for the real truth. But the general refuses to discuss the matter further, and departs the S.G.C. He is replaced by Major General Bauer, a hard-nosed bureaucrat from the Pentagon. Bauer seems to take little interest in the men and women of the S.G.C., hardly looking at them as he passes them by at his arrival.

Days go by, and Bauer's new policies are put in place. He breaks up SG-1, assigning Teal'c to SG-3 and giving Daniel a desk job. Sam is assigned to participate in a project developing a naquadah-enhanced nuclear bomb. Jack is quickly fed up, and confronts the new commanding officer with his usual level of tact and insubordination.

Soon after, O'Neill visits the newly retired General Hammond, and finds Hammond's two granddaughters playing in the backyard. Jack pushes the general for the truth behind his surprise retirement, and finally gets it: two weeks ago he received a phone call from the N.I.D., telling him to get his act together. The Stargate, they believe, must be used to acquire advanced technology by any means necessary.

Hammond flatly refused. The next day, two men dressed in plain clothes picked up his granddaughters from school. The kids weren't hurt -- the men just drove them around the block a few times and dropped them off. But Hammond got the message, he tells Jack.

www.gateworld.net...

Thoughts?

edit on 22-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Threaten them with something awful?

Or promise them something truly amazing?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Just like any good operation, they hire and promote from within. Start researching US Presidents and the connections, especially since Kennedy onward, they are mind numbing and not very well hidden.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
So, I was talking with my friend the other day and he just couldn't grasp the plausibility of TPTB. Specifically how they get the presidents to keep quite.

Keep quite about what exactly?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This would explain why Ron Paul can't get anywhere near the presidency. He can't be threatened or bought so they have to call him 'crazy'.
edit on 22-10-2012 by texasgirl because: Added on

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Could be either.

However, didn't both JFK and Lincoln lose children while serving as president? Not saying its a result of TPTB, but they both did also happen to be assassinated.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Um...... The existence of TPTB. Kinda thought it was obvious.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just like any good operation, they hire and promote from within. Start researching US Presidents and the connections, especially since Kennedy onward, they are mind numbing and not very well hidden.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

Ya, I understand the whole Royal family thing, if that's what your talking about. I was more referring to the ones who won the presidency outside the operation. Like Kennedy, Lincoln, and such.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've thought a lot about this and I imagine that TPTB have absolutely horrendous torture models hidden deep underground (I mean humans who are alive currently being tortured and kept alive just to be tortured) and they bring each president to look at these models live. They probably gasp in shock and horror thinking what is going on!!? Then TPTB tell the new president that if they don't play along, their wife and kids will be the new models.

After that shock, and with that threat, I would do exactly as I was told I can guarantee you.

EDIT: And they can't expose what they saw because #1 no one would believe it and #2 they do not know where they were taken to see this.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Socrato because: Edited and marked edit.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by hellobruce

Um...... The existence of TPTB. Kinda though it was obvious.

The powers that be is just a loose reference to anyone with some type of control over a group, the masses or certain individuals.

Your mom was probably TPTB when you were growing up. Especially if she was withholding sex from your dad...

Presidents don't need to "keep quiet" about anything, big mouths tend not to get the job. Life isn't so cloak and dagger the way conspiracy nuts make it out to be, if you are thinking that way, it means you are either really gullible, naive, or very sheltered.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ok, The global power structure then, geesh. No need to play dumb.

Edit: Also, did anyone actually read the example? Because, it doesn't seem that way.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So, I began thinking about it and came to the conclusion that they must either threaten the life of the president, or more worrisome, their family

They're threatened with Room 101.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Ok, The global power structure then, geesh. No need to play dumb.

I doubt he's playing dumb, I mean he might be right. The world might actually be just run by humans trying to do business. Some are cutthroat, some have more power than others but ultimately, no one group controls it all.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Well, your on a conspiracy site bud. I completely disagree, I believe there is a massive global conspiracy, hell bent on controlling the masses for their own selfish means.

And their greatest trick: Convincing people they don't exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Life isn't so cloak and dagger the way conspiracy nuts make it out to be, if you are thinking that way, it means you are either really gullible, naive, or very sheltered.

And I believe you have been subconsciously conditioned to think this way when anyone speaks as I did.

Edit: I kinda thought this thread was a good concept and example, yet it gets very little attention.

And some bigoted thread about the LGBT community makes the front page? Dark times indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I kinda thought this thread was a good concept and example, yet it gets very little attention.
And some bigoted thread about the LGBT community makes the front page? Dark times indeed.

Indeed... there's still a chance though. I would really like to see more discussion of this topic.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Socrato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Do you remember the first thing that happened when Obama took office? Blagojevich was the shot fired across the bow of the Obama team. They were warned not to cross the line. Control and manipulation of the President is accomplished by blackmail. Watch for this again when Romney takes office. I assume you could trace this back to each President at the beginning of their administration. With Bush 1 and 2, I doubt there was a reason. They were already part of the CIA before taking office.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

It's not just the royal bloodline.

Just glance over two figures... Prescott Bush - Father and grandfather of two US Presidents, and Joseph Kennedy Senior. - just read through the sections relating to McCarthy in both of those bios.

That's three US Presidents ( The Bush's and JFK ), and one assassinated candidate ( RFK ) tied into one issue. From there?

McCarthy connects to Nixon, Prescott Bush, , Joe Kennedy, , JFK,, RFK, - all tied together and very much involved with Eisenhower. and the House UnAmerican Activities Committee.

Nixons VP and successor, Gerald R Ford was not only in the House during this period, but he also served on the Warren Commision..

There are fifty other strings I could weave into just this chunk of history to show the connections that make it all even more incestuous. For example, simply toss in the name "E. Howard Hunt" and follow the trail... It is absolutely unbelievable. So much so, in fact, that one almost starts to think it all has to be a big lie or joke - because surely things cannot be that interwoven.

Harvard vs Yale is also a major factor...

At any rate... by the time these guys are old enough to talk, they're already being groomed.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Control and manipulation of the President is accomplished by blackmail.

Oh you mean like the safety of ones family?

Blackmail refers to a situation that arises when a person threatens another person with some form of punishment if they do not offer some form of concessions.

Blackmail-Definition

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Interesting, I had heard of some of those connections, but I didnt know it was that interwoven. I will look into it more tomorrow. But for now, I really got to get some sleep.

I really wish this thread had been more active, but I guess I picked a rather inactive time frame. Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join