It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all religious people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

My numbers say different, do you have a source that says otherwise? Or just conjecture?

Also you are correct about one thing. The percentage of actual Christians is 51%, which IS the majority.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
Wait but isn't my destiny foreplanned? What can I do about it. How do I change the destiny planned by the creator of this universe?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Right now you have a choice.

You can either start off as a luke warm Christian and maybe read a bit of the Bible each day and allow the Holy Spirit to enter your life. Or you can turn away from the only faith that will save you from eternal torture.

Imagine if we are all from hell anyway. Jesus has a rope for us to hold and pull ourselves out of this pit whilst we are in mortal form. Better still, He directs us to the Stairways to Heaven.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

My numbers say different, do you have a source that says otherwise? Or just conjecture?

Also you are correct about one thing. The percentage of actual Christians is 51%, which IS the majority.

Some will say to God, "Have we not prophesied in your name and done many works in your name?" He will confess to them, "I never knew you. Go away from me."

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Specifically followers of the Abrahamic religions. I wanted to ask you something. We all know God knows everything that will happen and has happened. We also know that our destiny is already made for us. So let me ask you, if I am atheist, or am polytheistic, or I go against God's books, is it my fault? Why should I go to hell for something which has already been destined for me?

Dear RimDaas,

It would probably help if you actually understood what the bible said rather than bad theology. Jesus Christ's name means God's Forgiveness or God's Salvation, his heart was a heart of forgiveness, he forgave us for not knowing and being imperfect. If you have no forgiveness for others you choose to be separated from others and from God. Why blame God for our selfishness?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
"I never knew you. Go away from me."

Ouch, kind of a cold thing to say to ones children.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Those aren't His children. These are your brothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Oh just get over yourself, Jesus is nothing more than a representation of the Sun, "God's sun"

He was invented by a bunch of Romans during the Council of Nicea to control the masses.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

John 15:22 (Jesus said) If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.

John 15:24 If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.

James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16-21“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

You are aware of Christ Jesus and know that He declares that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that all judgement has been handed to Him. I ask you then, what prevents you from stepping into the Light of God Almighty? Scripture tells us that it is the love of darkness and lies that prevents most from exposing themselves to His burning light e.g. they love their earthly life and pleasures more than seeking the righteousness of their Creator. This is why Revelation states that "The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." If one has rejected His salvation through the faith of Christ Jesus, judgement will be based on what you have done.

Knowing this, I ask again - what holds you back from seeking His Truth and answers? Understand that Jesus came to save instead of condemn because the world is already condemned. Instead, you are fighting the entire notion of judgement and condemnation, and in the process, you are completely ignoring the salvation offered. You are blaming a just Creator for the turmoil, misery and death on this planet caused by the love of inequity and sin amongst mankind, and in the process, you are completely overlooking the life ring thrown into this wicked world to enable sinners to get out of it. Convince yourself that His words are not Truth, and you'll be forever believing the lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

sorry friend,but i have no 'numbers' (just the book in the bible!!!
) i'm afraid you have my post mixed up with another!
all i have is witty rhetoric!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well, he did create them right? So they are his children right? Or are we speaking only of titles?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

No, I believe it is you who is mixed up

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Oh just get over yourself, Jesus is nothing more than a representation of the Sun, "God's sun"

He was invented by a bunch of Romans during the Council of Nicea to control the masses.

It would be a terrible pain for your pride if you admitted that you are wrong; having fought so long against Him. What would people think of who you were before? Would they be able to understand? You would be seen as an utter fool for all the anger and spitting through your teeth you have done fighting against God. People would think you were lunatic for following Him. People would start to think that you are unstable.

People would believe you were not as intelligent as they once thought. They would no longer look to you for guidance or advice about little things.

Herein lies your evil - that you guide people into hell because of your rebellion and utter ignorance.

Because your comment reveals how truly blind and ignorant you are.

How ironic that you rely on the numbers of people greater than you to make a point - and then when that point fails, you return to your own understanding, which still came from someone else, which is even more ignorant than the first.

If you want to be able to have a valid, educated debate concerning God, then you should be educated first.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

i'm sorry friend,i'm not following you. what numbers are you talking about?
and by the way,i agree with you about he council of nicea!
population control 2000 years ago,and the lie is still working!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Specifically followers of the Abrahamic religions. I wanted to ask you something. We all know God knows everything that will happen and has happened. We also know that our destiny is already made for us. So let me ask you, if I am atheist, or am polytheistic, or I go against God's books, is it my fault? Why should I go to hell for something which has already been destined for me?

Two word answer: Free will.

Long answer: Don't bring logic to a religious fight. You will lose, even if you don't understand why, how and that you did so.

My answer: Of 7.000.000.000 people on earth there are only about 1.400.000.000 people of Abrahamic faith. The others are obviously heathens and must therefore burn in that hot place. Even if they have never heard about the right church. Or some catholic priest used his sodomitic instincts on them. Even then, they are doomed.

Obviously, religion is stupid.

Blindly following religion is stupid, however just one little bit of trivia in your answer is incorrect its actually over half the worlds population that are said to follow one of the Abrahamic Faiths.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You believe a lie, and where does it get you? Still separated from the Creator. Please tell me how the "Romans" created Genesis?
Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh – Mortal
Kenan – Sorrow
Mahalalel – The blessed God
Jared – Shall come down
Enoch – Teaching
Methuselah – His death shall bring
Lamech – Despairing
Noah – Comfort and rest

Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow, (but) the blessed God shall come down teaching. His death shall bring (the) despairing comfort and rest

My point is simple: the "Romans" didn't create Jesus. The above clearly shows this since the "Romans" didn't write Genesis. I hope that you would ask yourself what other lies you have accepted which only serve to keep you separated from the Saviour? As for the sun, the Heavens declare the glory of God. The sun gives life to everything on this physical planet and without it we are dead. No scientist would argue that point, and like Sun worshippers, only see the physical and not the spiritual message.

The enemy has unfortunately tricked you into thinking that submitting to God implies submitting to the religious structures edified by man in the name of God. You are therefore unable to distinguish between God and Churches that commit whoredoms in His Name.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In Christianity, there are different answers

Evangelicals will say you have free will to choose
Apostolic Churches say you must choose & satisfy Church Tradition
Reformed will say you are ELECTED for salvation

Your current point of view appears to be that of the Reformed Church. Just as you could not ask your biological parents to give birth to you, the same is true in the Spiritual realm. God must give you a second birth, and your permission is not required. There are 5 basic principles to this doctrine TULIP

T- Total depravity- you are dead, cant come to faith on your own
U- Unconditional Election- Those chosen are saved
L- Limited Atonement- Christ Sacrifice is only for the Elect
I- Irresistible Grace- One can not deny faith
P- Perserverence- Saints can not fall back into perdition

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by RimDaas

LOL - you are in hell my friend, just take a look around.

The truth is but a simple one! Well said.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well, he did create them right? So they are his children right? Or are we speaking only of titles?

It does not matter.

What is in the flesh is temporary and broken. What is in the spirit is truth and that is forever.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I honestly don't believe that a god would create life so that it could worship him. A true god would treat every one of his creations equally.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I believe when we die we go to a realm next to this where we can see the real
world and sense time pass but that is all, i read this from one of my favorite
scifi novels ever so it must be true, you see it was inspired by god, written
through his will by his messenger on earth, its about as likely to be true
as those ideas in the bible save for one thing, i know for a fact who wrote my
book, and you could even speak to him directly.

My claims here my seem insane to you, just remember that next time
you ask a non believer why they are afraid of a grown adult that believes
in fairy tales and uses those as their basis to interpret reality......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join