It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathing tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Do not know if this is the correct forum, but the tree seems somewhat fragile and it is placed on Earth, so why not.

Nothing special really, just thought it looked nice.

The tree is swaying, making it look like a breathing motion.

edit on 22-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
That's really neat, it really does look like the trees roots are breathing like a person would or what have you. I love trees and have a lot of respect for them, it may sound weird but sometimes the really older ones that have been around a long time look like they are wise to me. Like they've seen a lot and know a lot. My favorite tree is the White Birch, we had a lot of them up in northern NY but I don't see any where I live now. I like weeping willows too. There's one of them in the apartment complexes back yard and it's pretty huge!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

In a way trees do breath, so I guess with that back in our minds, we can see this and relate to that.
I love trees as well, thats why I really like this video.
If I have to mention some of my favorites I think it would be Oak and Palm trees.
edit on 22-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

lol, that's really cool, but i sure wouldn't wanna be to close when that big ol tree decides to fall over.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
cool video! clearly the tree isn't "breathing" in the way we do, as you mentioned, and it does look like it's going to fall soon, based on the movements of the roots.

I'm sure this has been discussed here prior, but I'm amazed that science has now discovered that not only do plants respond to sound, but they also can communicate with each other!

However, new research, published in the journal Trends in Plant Science, has revealed that plants not only respond to sound, but they also communicate to each other by making "clicking" sounds. Using powerful loudspeakers, researchers at The University of Western Australia were able to hear clicking sounds coming from the roots of corn saplings. Read more at www.medicaldaily.com...

What do we really know about the other organisms that share the earth with us? I recall as a kid, everyone always saying animals have no emotions or awareness-of-self. That never seemed right to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I think I would pass that as well

reply to post by westo

Wow that is awesome, thanks for the link!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by westo

Cool links! Maybe Tompkins and Bird were onto something when they wrote: "The secret life of plants"

Its a great book that really makes you think! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The trees can gain energy by movement, their structure allows the stretching to effect the compounds in the fluids and create energy for their processes. I've studied research implying this is happening and they have developed a manmade tree that does just this using what is observed. The flapping leaves of a manmade tree can power your lights. Seems like studying nature can advance our abilities to supply energy. I suppose one of these artificial trees with flapping solar panels will cost a million dollars.
Why not grow the trees to shade us and remove the summer heat and break the wind in the winter. Oh that's right, it's too cheap and simple. When the trees get old they can also heat and build your home. We don't need to heat our whole house in the winter, no civilization ever has before the last hundred years. No wonder everyone is getting fat and sick.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Amazing footage. Even tho we know this tree is on it's last leg so to speak, it still looks like it's taking deeep breaths. Something us humans should do more of (pity bout the chemtrai...persistent contral...geoengineer...darn airplanes spraying stuff)

I LOVE TREES

you get a star AND a flag for this one
edit on 23-10-2012 by 3Dplus because: brownie points

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That tree is ready to fall down

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The ingenuity of nature is somewhat perfect.
Seems logical to use it as far as possible or try to copy it, instead of working against it.

reply to post by 3Dplus

Beautiful, right!

Even though the tree is close to its death, it is still a moment in which the tree looks more alive than ever.
edit on 23-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Apparently, that happens quite often in nature. Just before death, some creatures experience a "boost of life" I've personally seen this happen on a few occasions, whether it be a beloved pet, or close family member. After a long illness, they seem to suddenly get better, look better, start eating etc...only to pass away very shortly after. I've done some research on this, and it is quite common for a "spark of life" before crossing over.

top topics

join