It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News affiliate calls 2012 presidential race for Barack Obama weeks ahead of

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

I wish I could say this surprises me.....

Well, I would guess these "errors" are deliberate, made to discourage Republicans from voting in those places, and trying to make them think it's all over in their state. That, or they just want to see results that show him winning, when, by all indications, he doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Read this somewhere
C/P

Michele Wallace of KPHO told TheDC that this was the result of a mistake made with a test graphic:

“On Friday October 19th during a test of KPHO- CBS 5’s election returns software we inadvertently aired a test graphic for about 15 seconds in an episode of Peoples Court,” Wallace said. “The mistake was caught quickly and taken off the screen. With the election about 2 weeks away, the TV station routinely tests its equipment to ensure our viewers have the very latest’s results on election night. We regret the error and apologize to any viewer who was confused by the mistake.”

Sure it was..

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Michele Wallace of KPHO told TheDC that this was the result of a mistake made with a test graphic:

“On Friday October 19th during a test of KPHO- CBS 5’s election returns software we inadvertently aired a test graphic for about 15 seconds in an episode of Peoples Court,” Wallace said. “The mistake was caught quickly and taken off the screen. With the election about 2 weeks away, the TV station routinely tests its equipment to ensure our viewers have the very latest’s results on election night. We regret the error and apologize to any viewer who was confused by the mistake.”

complete bs, first why test on live tv, they dont have a back up server/single "pilot" server?
this is the same crap news station like fox do all the time, then weeks to months later after they made a huge deal out of something that was crap, "like people dancing in the street on 9/11" was a clip from 7 years earlier of a festival taking place, yet all the major news stations in on 9/11 ran with it like the wind. 3 months later a small blurb at bottom of screen sorry for that it was a mistake blah blah, then the news tickertape thing moved on. but im sure that dancing in the streets got many to join the army/navy/military anything and helped sway people into wanting a war.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Have folks forgotten the teleprompter incident at the Republican convention already? The decision was pre-made, the script was written well beforehand, waiting on the teleprompter – and the actual vote was meaningless.

I would go along with the theory that this was just a test of the graphics design, except for one thing. If it was a test, one would expect to see fictitious numbers for the vote count – "123456", "987654", "11111111" or somesuch. The numbers on the screencap were much more like real numbers. Too real. The numbers were in the realm of realistic voter turnout and percentages, like what one would expect to be shown in a rigged Obama win.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

There are 3 ATS threads (including yours) going on this same topic.

We think this bogus election screen with bogus results was shown, NOT as a "test" as they claim, but to purposely discourage voting.

Many people saw the screens WITHOUT knowing it was a "test."

I think this was intentional -- Psyops.

"WCPO news website showing presidential election results!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Election already decided."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

I'm not surprised, I've been thinking he's going to be re-elected for a long time now. The ads for one thing,if this is such a crucial election, why are the ads so mild, even blah. The debates all scrunched up into one month. What was Pres.and Romney talking about at the first debate something like "we got to make this look good"

Debate last night 48% to 40 in Pres's favor, he won, so he stays on in Florida to campaign Romney doesn't think its necessary and goes out West to campaign, and like one person here has already said, we really haven't had a say in who is nominted to run in awhile. The Elite gets to choose.

I'm a political agnostic by the way.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cool, more free stuff for 4 more years! JK

Seriously if he is reelected thank the maker for term limits.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkstar12

I predict 4 more years of deadlock in congress and the senate if he does get re elected. So once again the american people lose. Oh this is going to be a 3rd world country within this last term. Hell maybe even govermental takeover is around the bend.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
probably a prank

you guys

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Safe bet, if you ask me. I'd call Obama to win the November US popularity contest too.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a webmaster. As I make pages and layout a design I put "placeholders" in place of future graphics all the time. This sounds to me like the webmasters were getting things ready for election day reporting by making changes to the site and getting everything in order. What you saw was probably nothing more than the webmaster preparing for the big day in advance using a placeholder graphic as an example for himself to see then to delete. Now on election day his work is over and he only has to enter a graphic or embedded element code into the place where the election results will be shown.
This is not some conspiracy where local news stations are in on some fix. It is simply the webmaster working. It is absurd to even think that the small local news stations have election results ahead of time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join