It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina: Land of the 112 Year Old Voter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

When peering a little more deeply at the numbers we find that an astounding 2,374 people between the ages of 94 and 100 have already voted in the NC election to date. While an even more astounding 832 votes came from those individuals aged 112.

However, according to the Guinness book of world records, the oldest living person in the world, at present, lives in Japan and is 114 years old. It would seem obvious that, according to the NC vote registry, this old fellow might be nudged aside in the near future, especially considering the crop of spry 112 year-olds seemingly alive and well in the old North State.

North Carolina Registers Over 583 Democrat Votes Over the Age of 112

Looks like North Carolina is the place to be to grow old! Is the water? Something in the soil? The air? Maybe it's just good, clean living!

As of 1990, there were 37,306 centenarians, which works out to 746 centenarians per state. Now, while it's statistically possible for NC to have more than it's fair share of centenarians (they really need to spread the wealth!), how likely is it that the 10th most populous state has the most people not only over 100, but over 112?

No, dear reader, what's more likely is rampant-voter-fraud-that-doesn't-exist. But, no worries, your vote counts at least once. Maybe twice if you're lucky! So vote early, and vote often!

/TOA

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Damn! Well looks like they're going to have to start hiring guys to start destroying ballots behind doors.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Damn! Well looks like they're going to have to start hiring guys to start destroying ballots behind doors.

Destroying ballots is a GOP tactic, apparently used to level the playing field since Democrats can't figure out that you can only vote once. And only as yourself.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the news outlet cited as "breaking the story", WBT - Charlotte doesn't seem to be carrying it. At least not that I can find. If they are carrying the story, it's buried pretty deeply.

Also sketchy is that your source says:

In a radio interview with local WBT Anchor Tara Servatious, Susan reports that she has been keeping track of the number of votes in North Carolina of individuals over the age of 110 years and apparently we have quite a few, over 410 of the 110 year olds--to be exact-- actually voted via absentee ballot on October the 28th. Yes indeed, now it would appear that good ole NC has the market cornered on the Centenarian vote.

A bit of research shows the following:

Tara Servatius released from WBT
May 26th, 2011
From the WBT website tonight, afternoon drive time host Tara Servatius has been let go. Just as Greater Media did with me, the Boston management opted not to renew her contract when it expired.

Source

That means this interview had to have taken a year and a half, or more, in the past.

In all that time - the only links that pop up are a few Conservative blogs... Hrm.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/12 by Hefficide because: forgot to link source

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Your excerpts were preceded by the below in the story I linked:

There are obviously verifiable vote fraud problems in North Carolina.

In 2010 those problems surfaced meaningfully as indicated in the below voter fraud post from an earlier Charlotte Conservative Examiner article...

That story was indeed carried in 2010. The article is talking about those very same centenarians, 832 of which are still voting :

Apparently those ultra-healthy seniors over 110 have aged and are now astoundingly over 112 years old, and are still able to make it to the polls ahead of time.

The graph on the site was taken from the Silence Dogood Blog, which in turn took it from Carolinatransparency.com. It is claimed to be composed of raw data from the North Carolina Board of Elections.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
imagine, they voted for andrew jackson and barak obama.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

In researching, I could not find anything directly on the NCCivitas site itself, regarding this story - only an indirect link of general vote fraud ( upon searching the site for the name "Susan Myrick" ) which led me to Carolinatransparency.com.

Once there I did see the apparent anomaly of 112 year old voters. which seems troublesome, but the majority ( 658 out of 732 ) were cast at Absentee - One Stop locations.

At the voting location, you will vote much like you would on election day. The difference is, you will be required to complete and sign an absentee request application prior to voting. Afterwards, you will be directed to the voting machine to cast your ballot.

Once you have voted, you simply leave the location knowing that your ballot has been cast and there will be no rush on election day or negative impact from unforeseen circumstances.
Persons having missed the registration deadline date may also register and vote during Absentee One Stop voting. To use this process, a citizen must (1) go to a One-Stop Voting Site in the county of residence during the One Stop Absentee Voting period, (2) fill out a voter registration application, and (3) provide proof of residency by showing the elections official an appropriate form of identification with the citizen’s current name and current address. The new registrant may vote ONLY at a One-Stop Absentee Voting Site in the county of registration during One-Stop Absentee Voting period and not on Election Day.

Acceptable forms of identification include:
A North Carolina driver’s license with current address
A utility bill with name and current address
A telephone or mobile phone bill
An electric or gas bill
A cable television bill
A water or sewage bill
A document with name and current address from a local, state, or U.S. government agency, such as:
A passport
A government-issued photo ID
U.S. military ID
A license to hunt, fish, own a gun, etc.
A property or other tax bill
Automotive or vehicle registration
Certified documentation of naturalization
A public housing or Social Service Agency document
A check, invoice, or letter from a government agency
A birth certificate
A student photo ID along with a document from the school showing the student’s name and current address
A paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement
A bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement

If you cannot supply an acceptable form of identification for Proof-of-Residence, your registration application cannot be fully processed until the required information is provided.

It also bears noting that not all of these votes supported any one party.

584 Democrat
215 Republican
33 Independent

Given the current GOP position on Social Security - I would imagine that most people over a certain age would not be inclined to support the idea of taking away their own income sources.

In short, if it is voter fraud, it is highly advanced and sophisticated fraud, involving a lot of very old people and what would have to be a fairly sophisticated fake ID system.

One thought that I am going to try and research, if I can get to it... 112 years ago would have been 1900. In a rural area records from that era might be inconsistent and hard to back up. Social security was still nearly 40 years away, after all. The "112" year age might simply be a catch-all for the extreme elderly who were home born and don't have a legally verifiable - official birth date.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You seen what Granny's rumatiz medicine did for her. You apparently have a mountain full of people that remember Lincoln personally. Ron Paul! Where are you????

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think the article is bunk, here's what someone said in the comment section of the Civitas review.

I went and looked at the data, and apparently there are a few more impressive ones. There are 3 voters who are 134, 239 and 247 years old.

I’m assuming that the 111 and 112 entries are all due to dates in 1900. (Probably some on 1/1/1900, some on real day/real month/1900

Go here: www.app.sboe.state.nc.us... and download absentee11xx06xx2012.zip

There may be a newer version each day, so look for the newest version.

I think this is a big nothingburger, due to data entry errors. I’m the first to jump on cases of vote fraud, but I think this is probably something else.

(And they should change the data entry system so that an incorrect date gives an error, rather than entering a default 1900 date)

link

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, They have seen the Rise and Fall of the US as the greatest nation on Earth.

top topics

join