It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatch Visiting My Woods?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies but it's an interesting story.

Do you have access to a trail camera? If so then I'd suggest putting out leftovers like you usually do with a trail camera nearby. Who knows? You might catch something interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Thank you for the interesting write up. Hopefully nobody is pranking you.

Considering the sounds that caused the investigator to pick up his potatoes and get outta dodge, (it had to be somewhat humorous to witness that), there might be hope of some authenticity after he changes his shorts and gets back to you.

With urban sprawl here in Florida, we are having major pains with Bear coming into neighborhoods, fox, bobcats, ..all of the things that some time ago were very rare to see.
With the fires and drought affecting many areas perhaps we may see more reports like yours.

I'll keep an eye out for your updates.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cool story!

Posting now so I can find to check for updates.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
good post i'll be checking back on this

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
maybe you should take another and better look at the picture you posted and delete some vital information before you have some near by ats'er dressed in a monkey suit knocking on your door.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great writing, my compliments. Whether this is true or not (and I believe you're sincere) you've got a career ahead of you writing if you want it.

A couple things: That first howl did sound exactly like a siren of sorts. Mechanical and identical. The old air raid sirens sound like that and you can get them in a size that's portable. I've seen them mounted on trucks, too.

Why would the investigator take off like that after hearing that sound? It makes me suspicious that he actually was the one producing the sound...

And do you have elk or large deer thereabouts? It's rutting season, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm convinced there was a big foot in the woods across the road from where I grew up... foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When it screamed it would turn your blood to ice!
Everyone in the area was afraid to go outside.

My cousin just called me last week. She still lives in that area. She was hearing these screams again. Her nephew went and put a game camera up in the woods to see if they catch anything.

Interesting story, and a very well documented post. S&F for you!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So I have some updates and very interesting vids to share.

reply to post by garygnu

Wow, you're really spot on. The investigator came by today and mentioned how earlier model trail cams generate a humming sound that they could detect and most other models are clearly visible to anything intelligent. Another problem is the large delay between taking photos, some up to a minute. They would wave a hand in front of the cam, let it flash, then take the bait and leave before it could take another photo.
He has one of the latest and most expensive trail cam models that takes a "black flash" that has an insignificant photo delay and makes no humming. He's going to find a place around here to set it up.
-----------------------------------------------
Ok, so the investigator came by today and told me what happened. Last night he was sitting on the forest floor off to the side of the trail when he heard thudding coming towards him form near the creek. It suddenly stopped...and there was a low growl (a growl I didn't hear on the mic). He said it was a "warning growl" and that he had been detected. When he stood up there was a "crashing through the forest" on his other side, heading away from him. He then hurriedly walked down the trail, snapping off photos with his infrared camera along the way. That's when I then heard the louder growl on my mic and saw him leaving the forest and driving off in a hurry. I never told him I had a cam and powerful microphone focused on the forest either, so to his point of view there was nobody around to hear that growl and thus faking it made no sense (responding to what a poster said) and he's not being paid anyway. He said there has to be two of them, given the way he was approached and how one growled from nearby when he was exiting. I think I would have sh#t myself and had a heart attack if that happened to me.

This morning we checked the forest too. Of the cookie bags he set out, 2 were eaten by raccoon...but another, further in the forest, was hand opened (had a sticker seal and was wrapped up)! It had no damage and all the cookies were missing. Some peanut butter he pasted on a branch was also swiped at.

He is shaken, but not deterred. He will be back tomorrow night after responding to another call in the area. This night I left some Ritz crackers (in the wrap) up in a tree and left a patch of grapes dangling from a branch.

Now here's the part I'm most excited to share with ATS.

I got his expertise on several Bigfoot videos I looked up the other night. He showed me those he believes to be authentic (he has seen many in his 40 years of tracking). He said common features of Sasquatches are 1) slightly conned heads 2) arms that are 60%+ of their total height 3) they can't completely straighten their legs like humans...and some other notes. Here's the vids we went over that he confirms.

This one he said, without a doubt, is real.

I'd like to see a man reenact this, running 25 MPH in a quadrupedal fashion. Just great strength.

This one he didn't verify because he had to go. It seems too good to be true, but in it there's a scene, at 1:02, that's so brief that not even the guy who filmed it saw it. You can see a large eye clearly blink! This is something a Youtuber noticed just 3 months ago. Amazing. That's why it's important not to dismiss everything has a "hoax" because you may overlook something crucial.

And of course, the most famous cases, the Patterson film. He said, to my amazement, that it was a true incident of a female Sasquatch.
I found a video analysis of the original film. Not a copy of a copy, but the real, priceless film roll. It has the best quality possible. They estimate the figure in it to be 7'6" and 700 lbs. The anatomy differences and other nuances that it exhibits with a man would be "impossible" to fake according to experts. I also thought...it has been 40 years, and no one has ever been able to prove involvement in one of the biggest hoaxes in history (if it was a hoax) despite there being serious fame if they can. So, in this case, I believe him.

I now think that the Sasquatch, Yeti, etc., are just elusive, very intelligent primates. They're not "mythical" to me anymore, and I'm ok with it. To the guy who said I should make contact with one...maybe in the daylight and in a field lol. I'm not brave enough to go out there at night now.
edit on 22-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What part of Arkansas you live in? I'm in Morrilton. My in laws live farther south in the flats but the only strange thing i've ever seen are black leopards and yeah, they ain't a myth. No sasquatches though, but i honestly wouldn't know what one sounded like.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That is a good story and I hope you are successful in your pursuit. I have my story on the BFRO website. I used to live in Western Michigan and there is a bunch of forest land around there. I saw one hunting one day and there was no doubt about what it was. I was a kid then, 13. But I had been hunting deer for a couple of years by then.

However, I moved to Florida and we hunt in the Okeefenokee swamp. We have a hunting camp with 5,000 acres that is directly along the swamp in Southern Georgia. There is a squatch out there. The DNR has casted footprints on our land. The story is kind of funny to me because there are all these good ol boys that are in the camp and when I joined up because a friend of mine that hunted with me in Michigan and lives down here now was a member. The first day out there everybody was coming out of the woods about 4:00 in the afternoon. I found that odd because deer hunting is best at dusk. Then they all told me they weren’t staying out there till dusk because of the ‘skunk ape’ which is what it is called down here. I thought that was pretty funny that all these supposed tough guys with high powered rifles were scared to be out there. It wasn’t long before I was in a tree stand out in the swamp and heard the screams that thing made. That will flat unsettle you no matter who you are. It is so loud and reverberating that you can tell this is a very large beast. I was never worried about a squatch bothering me because it isn’t there nature, but you know when you hear one up close that if it wanted to harm you, it wouldn’t be a problem.

I don’t hunt much anymore. I am too broke up to be hiking around the swamp and the effort is just too much for me now. The woods down here in North Florida and South Georgia are thick and a great place for big animals to live. We have had panthers released out there for a study to see if they would breed with our Florida Panthers. So, there are some top predators out there. When you told the story about the BFRO investigator quickly exiting the woods, I knew exactly how he felt. As I said, they are loud and large and it is one thing if it is light out, but being in near pitch black conditions and hearing those yells or growls close range gets your natural fight or flight responses kicking in. It is downright unsettling, at least for me, because the imagination can get the best of you.
Good luck with your investigation. I will be checking back in to see what you have done and experienced.

My BFRO Report

edit on 23/10/12 by spirit_horse because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Playing your sound file has just started my Great Pyrenees, Bear, to howling and pacing and pawing at the back door.

He is currently 140 lbs of extremely hyped dog, I can't get to calm down at all. I live on top of a rural mountain in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We've had a long history of Big Foot carried down through the years, with many tales from the indigenous Indian Tribes that lived here first. I've heard a few times in the woods surrounding my home, very similar howls as you posted.

Keep up with your research. Find the really old people in your area, who were born there, ask them for the *old* stories. that's what I did, and still do. You'll be amazed what they tell you.

Des

this just happened with my girl friends begal//mutt mix. she is an older lady of a dog not a mean bone in her body but she woke up from a dead sleep growling and ears perked up ready to go. also i had done this expierment with a half chiuwauwa half boston terrier she was all of 13lbs but she was ready to fight when she herd that howl! wasnt the same one as the op but same effect. and she olny recated to certin calls. im open minded bout bigfoot though i can count on one hand what i belive. same goes with most things of this nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My idea wasn't really to contact one directly but since you are already establishing a relationship with them by giving them treats. I say put out some friendly drawings of you with sasquatch. If they see it maybe it will give them them the idea that you are one of the good humans. At least them may tolerate you in their territory more readily. They'll still probably growl at everyone else. But if the alpha in the group trust you enough maybe it will show it's self to you from a distance.

EIther way. I have never heard the growls before but they must be intense to hear. So who knows I would probably be more hesitant to greet the animal that made that noise after hearing it. But sound at night really travels and seems louder than normal. I remember once in the woods at night thinking I could hear foot falls a few feet behind me as if someone was stalking me. I was certain it was a big heavy man crunching those leaves. Eventually I figured it out when I noticed it was nothing more than a field mouse hopping from one cluster of dead leaves to another foraging for food. I've heard a puma growl once from the bushes several yards away. It seemed much louder than it really was, cause it startled me with the sound. But it was still scary as hell and a I backed out of there pretty fast. Pumas are dinky compared to a sasquatch so in reality it's got to be scary to hear.
edit on 23-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Thanks for your update, and thanks for the bonus videos.

Did you scan your woods after the cookies had been moved for foot prints or any other trace evidence?

I'll keep and eye on your post, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good point previous poster. Check around for tracks by the crackers. Also a good option if possible is to wet down the area right around the treats. (i dunno schlep over a few buckets of water or something) That way they will leave easy to see tracks in the morning when you go to check up on the treats left out. I suggest doing it where you dangled the grapes previously. That way the sasquatch has to stand directly under the item to reach for it and will have to stand in the muddy spot. It also limits the amount of ground you'd have to wet if you were to just leave it on a tree stump or something.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Nice vids and indeed they all look like real instances of Sasquatches. These ones I also believe are legit, after having seen two before.

Took them 8 months to find the figures in this footage from Canada after reviewing the tapes. There's maybe 4 Sasquatches in this short scene alone but you won't see any of them if you were standing there. It's incredible. One even leaps from tree to tree, holding what appears to be a baby or younger one. No human could do this in a bulky suit.

This is a cool one to see their profile. It was spotted almost immediately by some special needs children (autistic) who were being taken out on a trail in California. The figure is well over 8 feet tall (they do measurements towards the end) and has huge dangling arms and moving hands. It expresses a lot of emotion and thought.

edit on 23-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Wow what a well written,thought out and interesting thread.You've earnt your SF for that reason alone,irrespective of whether Bigfoot may be real or not.Clearly you're genuine and prepared to set out your experiences and your subsequent and ongoing investigation matter-of-factly despite the ridicule you may incurr,thankfully theres been little of that so far.

I can't possibly give much more than a reasoned and mildly informed opinion on whether Bigfoots are legend or fact (always feel like the plural should be Bigfeet.lol).I live in Scotland and have never been to the U.S so have no personal experience on the matter and any conclusions would be drawn from hearing both sides of the debate,experts thoughts and 2nd hand testimony.

Over here we have no BF or Yeti legends.You'll no doubt know of the legend from my local area,Nessie but that's hardly the same thing at all.We do have a much more recent 'urban legend' though that i'd like to mention and that's the sightings of big cats.

Before anyone groans,shouts out that it bears no relation to BF,this thread or accuses me of being off topic or wanting to talk about myself please bear with me a little as I do at least see a parallel which has some relevance,IMO is worth relating.

If I can beg your indulgence for a moment I'll start with a quick summary of the myth as I've grown up with.

I'm not sure when or even much truth there is in it but some time ago the government made a law that any exotic animals/pets needed be registered and a tax levied on them.It was quite common for local landowners from the large estates to keep exotic,wild animals particularly large cats ~ panthers,tigers,lions,leopards etc but rather than comply or have them destroyed they decided to turn them loose instead where they survived,bred and now thrive.

As I said how much truth there is in that part of the legend I couldnt say for sure but thats what I've grown up with.Big cats are reported the length of the UK but I dont know if sightings and the legend in the south of England for example is said to have the same beginnings - a law against owning wild animals.

Before the good folk of ATS point out that lions and tigers are real animals and BF is widely held to be myth and ask me loudly 'where's the parallel?',there is a point to this,trust me.lol.

The obvious parallel is the myth.The notion of a population of creatures that are said to be living out there that arent native to this country.To anyone with an ounce of common sense they couldnt possibly be there without leaving a tangiable trace or some solid evidence.

The arguments against them are similar to what I hear against BF.If they were truly there why isnt there a body or even bones of one thats died,been hit by a car or truck or why has nobody taken a definitive photo or been mauled by one.

The myth persists based on anecdotal testimony and the oh so convenient grainy,ameteur photos that 'could' show a creature but are too vague to be idenifiable proof.

The support for isnt nearly equivocable enough when stacked against reasoned and rational arguements that simply state the lack any of real evidence suggests theres nothing there.

Pretty soon big cats and BF are banished to the realm of ghosts and ufos which a majority of people won't publicly claim belief in for fear of looking stupid.

I would firmly place myself in the rational camp.Honestly if big cats were there breeding and living wild in the Highlands we'd know.There'd be roadkill,a carcass,a ghillie,gamekeeper or farmer would have shot one,a hillwalker or tourist would have video footage or a hunter trapped and captured at least one alive.

Come on people this is the 21st century and man doesnt live with nature,we allow nature to live with us.A large animal couldnt live beside us and manage not only to go unnoticed 98% of the time but continually evade us whenever we go specifically looking for it not to mention never leave real trace evidence !!!

Now that really is hard to believe.We're man and they're animals.The more you think about it the more obvious it is,they're myth and the what keeps it alive is that part of us that rails against our ordered,modern world.That animalistic part of us that projects our wilder,darker selves onto the the world conjuring up the beast just hides in the shadows.What exists is the inner conflict at the heart of man retold in modern legend.

Mystery Solved.

Makes total sense to me.Or did until the early hours of a december morning driving up the side of Loch Ness in 1998.

There she was caught full square in my full beam as I came round a bend.Not more than 35 yards ahead she was crossing the road,paused momentarily,a split second only where the road met the treeline and thick forest.

Several awestruck heartbeats maybe but long enough for her to turn her head and shoot my car,me a look that didnt know fear.I saw her roar and with one bound she was gone,I was shocked and incredibly thankful as I realised how privileged I'd been to see her and glad to be in my armour,not on foot in her world.I may be man but to her alone,unarmed and on foot I was 11 and a half stone of fresh meat.thats all.

And who was she ??

Nessie,the Loch Ness Monster.Nö.that is a myth for tourists.She was a real,majestic,full grown and by comparing her to every photo,picture,description in a book of all breeds of large cats I could find she most resembled a female lion or a large cougar.

Not simply by colouring but size,shape and because she had the powerful,muscled form of the biggest cats as opposed to the lithe,atheletic body of a leopard or panther.

No,I wasnt seeing a tabby cat or native wildcat and mistaking its size and rewriting the memory to fit.I've grown up with and always had,always will have German Shepards and this thing dwarfed even the biggest I've owned.

I live in the country with forest on 3 sides and a handful of times I've been aware of a large animal in the trees.My dog wouldnt go out the gate but freeze solid,head low and staring transfixed in to the dark.No growling,no sound,no hackles up just very aware,alert but total refuseal to take a step a closer.He'll stay like that to guard me till i head in then he bolt for it the house.He normally chases red deer stags thru the forest when its pitch black for fun so if he senses something that freaks him out i aint messing with it.

I've gotten badly sidetracked,sorry.My point is despite what common sense and lack of any decent evidence suggests an animal,especially a predator of higher intelligence can clearly exist close by but evade us easily.

If you assume BF is a flesh and blood primate of high intelligence and not a spiritual type beast then theres nothing except little proof that make it impossible.

In fact our belief that we're superior with night vision,guns,lights and our reason works in BF favour and when we step into his world we are as blind and useless as a mixy'd rabbit,got nö hope of getting one over BF.

I think the weight of testimony,sightings strongly suggest BF is possible.

I look forward to yöur updates and hope you get to see one for real it'll blow you away but,and plz dont take this wrong i hope you dont get good evidence or keep it for yourself cos his best hope is to stay a myth.

If BF became a fact we'd have tourists trying to see him,hunters wanting his head,do gooders tagging him n tracking his every move n the army would fill him wi drugs n send him to Iran.

It shows he's real smart cos he avoids us,his destructive childlike cousin like the plague.lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Listen to the second or third example in the 'Sierra Bigfoot Growl' recording at the bottom of the OP's post.
It says: "I'M A BIGFOOT". No kidding.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this, despite knowing that you would be met with skepticism and possible rudeness.

While I remain skeptical about Bigfoot, I feel like your account is really believable and very nicely written. I'll be following this!

S&F!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My favorite peice of evidence is to look at the fact that almost every Native American culture has humanoids involved in in their beliefs. Some may argue that it is aliens not Bigfoot in their beliefs ,others will argue they are the same thing and Bigfoot is an alien, but it's silly not to take the tribes legends into account. If they are truly as smart as it would seem, you would think it is likely that they could avoid becoming road kill because they are smart enough to avoid cars. Just my two cents.

Thanks guys I'm going deer hunting in the a.m. too! Talk about creepy.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sasquatch sightings are hundreds of years old in North America. Native Americans have a special relationship with them.

There's even an account from 1890...by a US president.
President Teddy Roosevelt in his book, "The Wilderness Hunter" (1890).

A chapter in the book recounts the story of two trappers who were stalked by a Sasquatch in a remote region believed to be in present day Wyoming or Montana. One of the trappers fired his rifle at the Sasquatch during their first night in a new location, apparently missing, but the stalking continued. The trappers' camp was twice found ransacked, this occurring during the day while the trappers were out checking the beaver traps they had set.

After the second night, the trappers decided to vacate the area. Prior to their departure, while collecting their traps, the men split up. One was delayed for hours as he prepared beaver caught in the last of the traps, the other headed straight back to camp. His body was found by his partner later that day near the campfire. The dead man had a broken neck with no bodily damage. Breaking necks is a common kill technique used by Sasquatch, especially on deer.

There are no modern reports of humans being injured or killed by a Sasquatch. The trapper was probably an @sshole too.
edit on 23-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join