It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could someone explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
First, the set up. I stopped for the evening in Fishkill, NY. I had just stepped out to take my dog for a walk, when I heard the sound in the video. I took the dog back and grabbed my Galaxy Tab, and recorded the following. Traffic was light or altogether missing. The sound does not change in pitch, nor did it appear to be moving. I did not spot any military craft anywhere nearby. It was just there, at 11:30 on a Sunday night. I welcome your thoughts.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

thanks Murgatroid for embedding. Going to take a listen now..

Edit-- Hmmm. the closest thing I can gather from what I heard. Some form of insect mating call, or other creature in the woods. Frog croaks. (My best guess that is.) The only issue I have with saying insects or frogs is that insects and frogs always have fluctuation in the sounds they make. The sound I was hearing was very constant, and did not have any tone change.
Oh okay.. Yeah, now I do hear the background.. Even more so now that I know what I am listening too.
From the research I have done, and others want to debunk this right off the bat.. But my research lead me to the trumpet sounds, Or known as the trumpets of the Angels. Glad you caught this on video!! Let me get back with you on some research I have found.

But there have been reports from all over the world of strange sounds, and other unexplained sounds.. Really not sure what that is..
Take a search on you tube, keywords, strange sounds, explained sounds, Booms heard across the nation.

Where I live in FL, near Macdill air force base we hear large sounding booms. That shake the walls and windows. This has been happening 1-2 times a week, for the past 3 months now.
My thoughts on what I am hearing is sonic booms from aircraft.
edit on 21-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit

edit on 21-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

Last edit on this post.. Check out this ATS thread
I will always try my best to look for the simple answers first. Or the logical ones before I jump into anything to far. Yet some of these sounds and research has lead me a bit past logic. And I am a skeptic/believer. I just really do try my best to find the logical reasons first. Then conclude afterwards as you will see if you go through that thread I posted in. When my logic fell on deaf ears, I did further research.
edit on 22-10-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.3

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It worked in chrome, opening realplayer when i clicked the link on the youtube page.

Definitely an interesting sound, is it still going on?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Strange sounds for sure..

BTW OP: you can copy and paste the code below (use quote button) for your post...

edit on 21-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulyeney
It worked in chrome, opening realplayer when i clicked the link on the youtube page.

Definitely an interesting sound, is it still going on?

yes, for the last half hour. No change in pitch, and always coming from the west. I would say it was truck traffic, but right now that is very sparse. I would hear it change in pitch as it passed. Strange.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You're talking about the sound in the foreground. I am talking about the constant background sound.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Gotcha, I am hearing it now that you pointed it out. Here is what I have been researching for about 3 months now.. Ever since I started hearing the large booms in my area..

Or said to be electromagnetic interference, manifesting into sound.. I have a better video here..

And then to be fair.. Here is the guy that is trying to debunk.. But IMO its not debunking all the sounds.
Debunker link..

I remember one of your first posts on here, and you are a very gifted writer, and I do not get the feeling you are one of the new members on ATS who would put out a hoax on here.. Something trust worthy about you, that I feel you are being absolutely honest here.
I have been trying to look into these sounds for some time now. Again, glad to have a video from you on this.. What are your thoughts in light of the shared information I posted?

edit on 21-10-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.3

edit on 22-10-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.2

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It kind of sounds like road construction hum to me. Looking in that area:

ALBANY -- New York transportation authorities say parts of Interstate 84 in the Hudson Valley will be closed at various times for paving work over the next week and a half. The Department of Transportation says lanes and ramps will be shut down between Exit 5 in the Orange County town of Montgomery and Exit 13 in the town of Fishkill. Those won't include exits 8, 9, and 10. When weather allows, they'll be closed weeknights from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. starting Monday and wrapping by Nov. 1. Detours will be posted for motorists and information is available online.

Source

Does that seem plausible?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hey man my girl and myself heard sounds prior to your posting. I'm hearing things too in Southern Maine but it might just be trucks or planes coming down. The weird thing is the hum is kinda constant, Then a train will go by. Then a constant hum again. I'll keep you updated on what I hear. Anyone else in Maine that can go out and listen?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This video also confirms that SOMETHING very strange is happening everywhere:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yeah that is another one of the videos I have seen and logged into my research.
Plus its also good to note, that the video that was posted in the OP, does not have tracks over dubbed. He speaks clearly in the video, and there is foreground noise. Which is very helpful when addressing if it is a hoax or not.

There is something to this.
Not to mention all of the work by other authors and movie directors being influenced by these events. And put into books and movies. Also, there is record of these sounds long since past. Historic records. And its being down played.
Next set of Booms that go off, I will try to get them recorded.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am going to do some recon, and see if I can find a good explanation.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulyeney
It kind of sounds like road construction hum to me. Looking in that area:

ALBANY -- New York transportation authorities say parts of Interstate 84 in the Hudson Valley will be closed at various times for paving work over the next week and a half. The Department of Transportation says lanes and ramps will be shut down between Exit 5 in the Orange County town of Montgomery and Exit 13 in the town of Fishkill. Those won't include exits 8, 9, and 10. When weather allows, they'll be closed weeknights from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. starting Monday and wrapping by Nov. 1. Detours will be posted for motorists and information is available online.

Source

I followed up on this by travelling west across the hudson river. No construction. Nearly no traffic, too. My address where the video was taken was 56 West Merritt Blvd, Fishkill, NY 12524. I have not yet checked google maps to see if there was a factory nearby, although in a heavily unionized state a factory running at midnight on Sunday is unlikely. I was only a few miles from the state penitentiary, and about ten miles from the Hudson river.

There has to be a good explanation for it. To my ears it sounded like machinery crossed with wind instruments. Not like a trumpet at all.
Does that seem plausible?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Well whatever the sound is, it has got my cats attention, he is looking everywhere around the computer and area trying to look for whatever is making the sound.

It does sound kind of like an insect rubbing it wings together or back legs, but it almost has an electrical note to it.
Very weird, especially if you have never heard it in your area before.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

There has to be a good explanation for it. To my ears it sounded like machinery crossed with wind instruments. Not like a trumpet at all. Does that seem plausible?

That is what I kept telling myself, and trust me. I am a skeptic at heart, and I will always try to find a logical reason for anything that is going on.
However logic is being hard pressed at this point. At least logic in the sense of our understanding of logical.

When they mentioned trumpets, it was more of a way of saying, it was a vibrational Tone. Or sounds like a tone of some type of instrument.
Machinery crossed with winds sounds plausible.. However this was late on a Sunday night. And upon the recon you did, you did not locate any running construction going on.

Thus I await your thoughts on the video report I posted about. Does that seem plausible of what you heard, when all other conventional logic has failed.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by herrw

There has to be a good explanation for it. To my ears it sounded like machinery crossed with wind instruments. Not like a trumpet at all. Does that seem plausible?

That is what I kept telling myself, and trust me. I am a skeptic at heart, and I will always try to find a logical reason for anything that is going on.
However logic is being hard pressed at this point. At least logic in the sense of our understanding of logical.

When they mentioned trumpets, it was more of a way of saying, it was a vibrational Tone. Or sounds like a tone of some type of instrument.
Machinery crossed with winds sounds plausible.. However this was late on a Sunday night. And upon the recon you did, you did not locate any running construction going on.

Thus I await your thoughts on the video report I posted about. Does that seem plausible of what you heard, when all other conventional logic has failed.

Sorry that I've been absent for the past few days. I'm working nearly 16 hours a day right now, which gives me little time to communicate online. I'll edit this post with my thoughts in a few, after I've had the chance to review the videos.

Edit: Having checked on Google Maps, I can see that there is a rail line directly to the west of that location, and there is a masonry plant not too far away (to the northwest) as well. That is a possible explanation. The sound in the background is faint in the video, but was loud to my ears. The microphone on the Galaxy Tab picks up treble well, but not so much for bass. So you can't hear the deeper, farther-carrying aspect of the sound. It is quite possible that I heard the secondary generator engine of a freight train which was sitting at idle as it offloaded masonry to the plant to the northwest. I don't think that this is the case, but I have to accept that it is a possibility, and so invalidates the recording as any sort of proof of anything.

Thank you for your interest. I had seen the videos you referenced already, but I re-watched them just in case. This sound wasn't really of the same nature as the sounds in the videos. Probably just my imagination running away with me.

edit on 24-10-2012 by herrw because: because I didn't want to post a second time.

top topics

join