It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No work still!!! No jobs anywhere. Year and half unemployed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I made a thread before... And then a bunch of other threads were created.... The title "There are no jobs anywhere" This is a grand smack to people who dont believe that the job economy is doing well, and majority of us (civilians) are at the mercy of open jobs in the world. Because we truly need money. I have nothing, as far as money comes. Honestly it has been a hard road. My experiance varies in Michigan and honestly everything has been short handing me to. I cannot afford to work at a 8$ job. I would like to start a family 10+.

Honestly the issue is beyond presidents, beyond Obama, beyond Bush and Beyond Mitt Romney, The issue lies somwhere deep within our own shadow government that crushed american jobs. My birthday is in a week, 28 years old still living in parents basement, humility, no pride. I've done some dumb stuff, unknown situations.

How do you live in a credential society? When you are available to do any job, but no one will take the time to teach the job and rather stick you in a school for four years. Complete madness. No matter what route I go, try, i always crash down..

In about a week I will be doing something downright crazy. I will be standing besides a corner with a sign "The american dream is dead along with the jobs". Hire me signs and resumes on a street corner. This has been out of control. My backup job for the winter is about to come also in the first week of november, its a temp job. salvation army bell ringer. Welcome to my hell

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
McDonalds is usually always hiring.

I dunno man, you could dumpster dive and sell the stuff you find on craigslist for money.

Job problem = solved.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

mcdonald is not hiring when 1,000 + people hire and there is a 1 in 1,000+ applications to be choosen

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't mean to be insensitive, but why are you still there? If there are no jobs, go where the jobs are... Hard choices and sacrifices, necessary sometimes.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

If you are looking for work, what are you doing wasting time on ATS?

When you don't have a job, it's your job to find a job. Even if that means "working" overtime.

Edit to add: I noticed you're in Detroit. I'm sorry

edit on 21-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As a fellow unemployed Metro Detroit-er, I feel your pain. While I have my savings (My contract ended 2 months ago and I haven't found anything since, so it is dwindling.) I find myself up to my knees in anxiety of "what if I don't make the bills."

People can say McDonalds is hiring, but none of them around here are. Most fast food places around here have such a surplus of employees (to keep everyone part time, thus, no benefits) that they only give you 10-15 hours per pay period (2 weeks). Good luck paying your bills with even 3 of those jobs.

I wish you good luck, OP.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

100+ applications and no response
Interviews that didn't "chosed me"

credentials that were enough but still hired other people

How can i move out of michigan if i dont have money

You must be one of those people who have a job and look down on those who dont

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I cannot afford to work at a 8$ job. I would like to start a family 10+.

Originally posted by Jordan River
How do you live in a credential society? When you are available to do any job

You have to start somewhere. I am familiar with Detroit and I know that it is rough right now and has been for a long time but things are getting better. People are coming back and there is a plan in place. Start with some BS job ... anything ... $8 an hour or worse. Do that and build something. Then when the the $15 an hour job shows up ... be ready.

Dont panic, keep calm, and be aware.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Edit to add: I noticed you're in Detroit. I'm sorry

edit on 21-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

The entire midwest is engulfed by unemployement and goes straight down to florida as well. Unemployment is horrible everywhere, Besides maybe texas.... or Oregon

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If someone is willing to help you get some more education, take them up on the offer. You sound like you are in a stalemate position. You are the only one who can change your circumstances. Like Lady Skadi said, move to where there are better employment opportunities.You don't have a family to support, and now is not the time for you to start one anyway. If your parents are tired of you living in their basement, ask them to help you relocate to an area where you have better chances at work. Or, go back to school so you are better qualified for better paying jobs.

Just a few suggestions. I'm 62 years old, and make stuff to sell to support myself. If I can do it, so can you.

Des

edit on 21-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But but, this can't be true! Didn't the unemployment rate decrease in the US?? Oh yes, that is because they don't count the people that don't qualify for benefits along with others.

Keep your head up and wits about you. Perhaps you have a skill that you can start your home business? Live in a rural area? Collect and sell scrap metal. Lead is up, buy scrap batteries and sell to a scrapyard. Just take a look around you and see what is available. I mention the scrapping because I do that on the side and can make quite a bit in a month. If you need any more clues/tips, PM me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I use to work as a direct care worker, helping handicap physical needs for 8$ an hour. i had to keep these people alive, clean them, change them and wipe butt if need be. For 8$ an hour... There is a proposal for it too lol
look, i need at least 9$
I have two associate degrees for christ sake lol

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A quick careerbuilder search shows 6407 jobs posted in the last 30 days for the area of Detroit MI. Look in there and see what you can find ... again ... just for now. Its something.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
A quick careerbuilder search shows 6407 jobs posted in the last 30 days for the area of Detroit MI. Look in there and see what you can find ... again ... just for now. Its something.

I appreciate your help and i guess i can "GO BACK" on careerbuilder. thx

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Im sorry if I am coming off patronizing but it is something. Just dont give up. Keep trying and something will eventually turn up. Just be looking for it when it presents itself.

I wish you the best. Take care.
edit on 21-10-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I have always found the phone book to be my friend in looking for work ... Not ads in the paper or online sites .

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How did you do in school? Did you graduate high school?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

yeah and college

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I moved from Michigan in 2010 to take a job in Los Angeles area. They found me, I have niche skills.

Now living in So Indiana, recruited again for niche skills. Again, they found me. Get about one call or email from the recruiters every week. Sending and applying did no good at all, just ignored.

My niche is metrology, which is measuring and or calibration of measuring instruments. That credential and experience came from my Navy days. I did go back to school after and finish the engineering degree. And that helps, some places want both.

So if you have some special skills if you post a good resume at monster or career builder they should find you. The new computer systems will sort through all the resumes and declare no one qualified. So they post the same ad over and over without finding anyone.

I guess the other thing I do is maintain a page at linked in Linked- inand network with people in the metrology groups.

Here is the web site for Gov jobs, maybe give that a try. www.usajobs.gov...

Afterthoughts... Military ALWAYS needs medical types. Search in someplace nice like Hawaii using the above link.

edit on 21-10-2012 by kawika because: afterthought

edit on 21-10-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 21-10-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It's because Detroit has a depressed economy...not because of the "shadow government."

And really...NONE of these jobs work for you? - detroit.craigslist.org...
edit on 21-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join