It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ross Perot endorses Mitt Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ross Perot, the businessman who mounted the last major challenge to the two-party political system, said Tuesday he is backing Mitt Romney for president this year.
Mr. Perot's 1992 campaign elevated the budget deficit to the forefront of politics, and six years later the federal government notched its first surplus in decades.
"At stake is nothing less than our position in the world, our standard of living at home and our constitutional freedoms," Mr. Perot said.

Ross Perot endorses Mitt Romney - Washington Times

Perot outlined his reasons in a Op-Ed for the Des Moines Register which you can read here.

As stated in his Op-Ed, Perot is mainly concerned about the unemployment rate and the $5 trillion Obama has added to the national debt. He rightly points out that the interest payments on the debt will enslave the next generations of Americans for untold years to come. In my opinion, he's absolutely correct. The debt is the biggest threat to America and should be the number 1 issue right now.

Perot believes that Romney is more than qualified to tackle this issue since he balanced the Massachusetts budget for 4 straight years without raising taxes - and did so despite it being one of the most liberal states. Perot's logic is sound. If people only realized the gravity of the debt situation and its nightmarish consequences then they would see Romney is the only rational choice. Whatever you think of his other positions, the national debt issue arguably takes precedence and is a smart reason to support him. Afterall, there is no doubt about his fiscal credentials.

Here is an excellent thread for further reading on the subject.
A Common Man's Guide to the Federal Budget

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Look, Obama will win. Romney is torn from the same cloth. They are both on the same team. They will wont lose. They are actually related to each other as they are related to Bush and the Queen.

But, what I am afraid of is that they might make romney president and use him as a useful idiot after the U.S play apart in bringing upon armageddon in the middle east with Russian, China, Iran, Israel and Europe fighting the worlds deadliest war.

Then the U.S will be ready for the women president.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have no doubt he knows business. He is way more qualified than Obama. Neither knows how to use our armed forces for the good of the people. Not just US citizens, but other people in current, and potential war zones.

How he plans on backing Israel while at the same time cutting the budget, let alone put a dent in the debt, without cutting defense spending is beyond me.

Some people will no doubt be making money off another conflict in the Middle East. That money hasn't made its way back to taxpayers yet. And I don't see it happening in the near future either.

Repeal healthcare that was based on his own plan. Few little changes here and there, change the Obama in Obamacare and replace it with Romneycare. Sure it has a different name, but it will probably end up the same.

Somebody has to pay for the debt, and in both of their eyes, we have our fair share to pony up. Well screw that.
edit on 21-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I voted for Ross Perot both times he ran. Yep, I liked him. I am planning on voting for Romney anyways, but it's nice to know Perot endorses him as well.

Romney is the only sane choice this election.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Ross and his Policies would have been a Lock with Ron Paul.

Ross supporting Mitt stinks of Racism, because his core beliefs are not shared with Mitt.

Ross has a taste for "egg Rolls".

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I said this in another thread. Voting for the lesser of two evils doesnt fit into my vote for the President of this United States!!!! Maybe if I was voting for my Manager at Wall Mart (Taco Bell, Subway, Mcdonalds, ETC).

We should of never gotten to this point in the first place. You all can thank your Mothers and Fathers, and depending on your age you can blame your Grandparents too.

We as a People should open the Presidential Election to ANYONE who has a great idea of a way to lead our Country. To limit ourselves to two Robots isnt an answer. Whatever.

To the mentioned Parents and Grandparents above, THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

What I'd like to see is a Perot/Paul ticket, or Paul/Perot. As independents, pooling their resources, and upsetting the two party balance, bringing reform.

I can dream, aye?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
He's still alive?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This bipartisan rejection was Perot's first explicitly political statement in years, ever since his Reform Party dissolved in 2000 and he began to fade from public view.

He's 82. Still kicking. His Reform party gone, however, but one I supported as much as I supported Ron Paul, until he dropped out of the race this year. IMO, Romney is the best choice.

Either that, or take another four years of Obama. Prep your BOBs in that case.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
He's still alive?

This surprised me too. The last I heard of Perot it was on an All That! skit in the late '90s.

new topics

top topics

join