It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards, his hair, and yes his Compact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You just wont believe this one! HAHAHAH

slate.msn.com...

Seconds from the football and you want this?

"For a guy who's been known derisively to the Bush crowd as the Breck girl," observes Shearer, vice presidential candidate John Edwards seems "way too interested in his hair." He tries to straighten it with his fingers. A makeup technician approaches with a comb, but the senator likes it just so and does the combing himself. He signals he's ready for hair spray by closing his eyes expectantly, like a child. Then Edwards and the technician straighten a little more with their fingers. Please don't tell me that thing in his hand is a compact. Oh, dear. It is.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If it means I have to carry a compac and have some woman besides my wife fiddling with the part in my hair and whether my tie is straight.

I'm sure all candidates and indeed all "TV people" must live this way, to a lesser or greater extend.

Living in a bubble of doting sycophants.

Watching it reminds me of the Rush song "Living in the Limelight." (Guess my age, now.)

I hope I am always either so poor, or so earthshakingly powerful, that I never have to wear makeup or let someone besides my beloved touch my person. The last person who touched my hair like that was was my mom right before the Christmas pageant in the 2nd grade.

I growled at her until she backed away.

Is ANYTHING worth being fake for? I know it's expected of our leaders, but still. I actively discourage my wife from wearing makeup since her skin is lovelier without it. But she claims other women look down on her for being "naked," and in stores the female clerks follow her like she's a potential shoplifter when she doesn't wear makeup.

It is sad. Locke was right. The only two natural virtues are force and fraud. Wearing makeup, hairspray, etc. in nothing but fraud.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thats no compact, thats his Little Orphan Annie Secret decoder ring.
They just seemed larger when held in the hands of little ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You just wont believe this one! HAHAHAH

I highly recommend the most viewed and highest grossing documentary of all time this piece is attempting to "answer" in it's own small way. F911 has about a 20 minute montage of the entire Bush cabinet getting ready for "war." Each one from Bush down to Rice covered in dainty doilys, being fawned over by homosexual hairdressers and girly makeup artists caking on the humanity as a guffawing Ashcroft chimes Make me Purty!, Cheney submits to his 'air being combed, and Wolfowitz takes his own comb out and repeatedly spits on it to comb back his loverly locks, before a male aid licks his own fingers to fix Deary Paul's hair. Perhaps the saddest juxtipostion to date is Bush on camera going straight from makeup, to smirking jokes, to the countdown for his live broadcast (when he suddenly gets "manly" and serious) to announce the bombing of Bagdhad has begun. You do get quite a look behind the scenes and into the "fakeness" of it all in this FauxNews world we live in, so if a candidate combing his hair rates 10 LOL's in your book, I'd say Farhenheit 911 would literally bust your gut and blow your mind.

I still chuckle a bit thinking about Wolfowitz covered in man spit, but I tend to give the low brow stuff a single
at best. But you? You'd love it Ed. Like 100 LOL's or more, no doubt.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Then everyone would say"Look at Edwards hair, its not parted right, his skin looks uneven, he has a ZIT!!!!!

No amount of make up can help some of those guys........

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So, what's Cheney do with his hair? Oh wait, has none, he just slaps on some Turtle Wax and sticks his head in a bowling ball buffer for a second.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
So, what's Cheney do with his hair? Oh wait, has none, he just slaps on some Turtle Wax and sticks his head in a bowling ball buffer for a second.

Not bad there m8, Pretty funny, the Mr. Clean look!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Edsinger you should be on Bush's PR team. My gosh.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are all too preeeeeetttyy!

But then again, I have a buzzcut & a mustache.....I'm not exactly keeping up with the plucked eyebrows & male makeup trend!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Check out Edwards' depiction here...hehe...

l.send4fun.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Check out Edwards' depiction here...hehe...

l.send4fun.com...

Gazrok: Thanks so much that made me giggle so loudly - had to send it to my 135 694 closest friends11!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yep, only Rocky Horror fans truly get it, hehe...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmmm...I watched it, it looks just like any other guy that is combing his hair to get it right
Guess I'm missing something here. I was expecting something just god awful....it was a guys combing his hair

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Hmmm...I watched it, it looks just like any other guy that is combing his hair to get it right
Guess I'm missing something here. I was expecting something just god awful....it was a guys combing his hair

Ed is attempting to be funny while still belittling the democratic campaigne. Thats all. Three weeks ago, I would have laughed, but there is so much wining about candidates, that even the humor fails to lighten my mood on these political threads.

Except Gazroks post
I saw that in his other thread
LOVED IT!

IITS TIME TO VOOTE ONCE AAAGIANNNN!!!

top topics

join