2 Hours until S.Korea Launches Propaganda Balloons into N.Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

I did a search in google for "location of aircraft carriers" and the first hit returned this ....

www.gonavy.jp...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
oh lol. yeah i seen the link on the search but assumed it was a .gov site.

thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This just in:

"......................................................................"

-North Korea

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
And one last tidbit for the real nerds among us who just gotta have status on everything. lol... It took me a couple minutes to find a GOOD explanation describing what each level means. Camp Humphreys, which is one of the big bases over there, is currently at Threat Condition Bravo out of a 4 stage system topping with Delta. This explains it in detail..

U.S. Base Defense Condition information

and the Camp Humphreys home page. Current Threat condition set for the base is in the upper right. Can't miss it.

Camp Humphreys

Please, any vet correct me on anything I'm off for...but failing one dropping by...How I read this is simple enough.

Threatcon Alpha is 100% peace time and all is happy and dandy. Dogs and Cats are getting along everywhere one looks.

Bravo means there are terrorists out there somewhere... May be in town or may be 10,000 miles away. They're out there somewhere though...so shhh..... watch! ..but don't flip out or anything.

Charlie means they are expecting something as likely or imminent and odds are no one has to be told..as I doubt anyone is freely moving on and off post at that point.

Delta is what I saw on Stateside bases after 9/11 from the truck...and basically means a state of war already exists and if you're in a hurry to get on post... toooo bad. Patience is a virtue and you're getting good practice with it.

Where I am we are actually jealous of the guys that get stationed at Humphreys. Like I said earlier, I didn't even know this was happening until seeing it here. The soldiers here were told nothing and there was no type of 'high alert' status today.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
And one last tidbit for the real nerds among us who just gotta have status on everything. lol... It took me a couple minutes to find a GOOD explanation describing what each level means. Camp Humphreys, which is one of the big bases over there, is currently at Threat Condition Bravo out of a 4 stage system topping with Delta. This explains it in detail..

U.S. Base Defense Condition information

and the Camp Humphreys home page. Current Threat condition set for the base is in the upper right. Can't miss it.

Camp Humphreys

Please, any vet correct me on anything I'm off for...but failing one dropping by...How I read this is simple enough.

Threatcon Alpha is 100% peace time and all is happy and dandy. Dogs and Cats are getting along everywhere one looks.

Bravo means there are terrorists out there somewhere... May be in town or may be 10,000 miles away. They're out there somewhere though...so shhh..... watch! ..but don't flip out or anything.

Charlie means they are expecting something as likely or imminent and odds are no one has to be told..as I doubt anyone is freely moving on and off post at that point.

Delta is what I saw on Stateside bases after 9/11 from the truck...and basically means a state of war already exists and if you're in a hurry to get on post... toooo bad. Patience is a virtue and you're getting good practice with it.

Not to get off topic, but every US base in SK is at Bravo 24/365. Bravo is honestly nothing to worry about. In the states it sometimes flip/flops between Alpha and Bravo, especially in the south-west due to the Mexican drug wars. The only time things get real is when we go into Charlie/Delta.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And as usual NK isnt doing anything.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I had to reply to you

NK has done enough and proved to be lethal time and time again

It is SK that backed down, much like they always have due to NK's threats

when nothing happens its only because SK backs down in every confrontation so far

It wasnt the North who was going fly propaganda balloons over to the south, NK was only threatening to retaliate if they (SK) go ahead, so SK which started this confrontation ended up backing down as usual, and now you post a silly comment like that^?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually leaflets did fly over and its ALWAY NK who makes the htreats and doesnt follow through. Where have you been? I think you have your "Korea's" mixed up. NK is always threatening holy war if SK hold military drills and SK still holds the drills and nothing happens. Just one example of hundreds. Thanks for playing.

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I had to reply to you

NK has done enough and proved to be lethal time and time again

It is SK that backed down, much like they always have due to NK's threats

when nothing happens its only because SK backs down in every confrontation so far

It wasnt the North who was going fly propaganda balloons over to the south, NK was only threatening to retaliate if they (SK) go ahead, so SK which started this confrontation ended up backing down as usual, and now you post a silly comment like that^?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The leaflets DID fly...over 120,000 of them.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Doom returned?
..............I don't think North Korea will do anything in response.

Later in the day, some of the activists, mostly North Korean defectors, moved to another site near the border that was not guarded by police and carried out the launch of the balloons. South Korea's Defense Ministry said it was closely monitoring North Korea's military movements but there were no suspicious activities.

The activists said they floated balloons carrying about 120,000 leaflets critical of North Korea's young leader Kim Jong Un and his country's alleged human rights abuses.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 22-10-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

look in detail at what the actual facts that would cause a NK retaliation, If ROK cross this river and conduct so and so we will retaliate, so the ROK doesnt cross so river and instead conducts drills in another location

In all cases the SK back down even when they still continue with the drill,

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey, what do you know my prediction came true - it’s almost like I spent a year doing in Special Operations in Korea.

They are never going to do anything. They are like the 10 year old kid who yells taunts at the High School kids from his front porch and as soon as they move towards him hey goes inside and hides.

He sounds cool to his little brother who is in the house but to the rest of the world he just seems pathetic.

Any real threat from N. Korea dissipated in the early 80's when all their "top of the line" tanks and APCs were rendered obsolete by modern targeting methods.

They don't have one main battle tank or APC that we can't kill with impunity from outside their effective range with even man packable anti-tank weapons, let alone air and our own main battle tanks. Our Bradley 25mm will eat right through their APC and many of their T55's unless they have the extra plating added.

Their Air force will last for about 2 days if that -it's not even worth mentioning.

Their fanatical infantry might be a problem. Not because they are lethal but just like in Iraq (the first one) when the news starts showing piles of burnt up fanatics our public wouldn't stomach us killing them all in waves as they suicide frontal attack the DMZ for very long.

Now their SF units are harder than woodpecker lips and tough as hell but unfortunately they are not taught to think outside their mission parameters and improvise like we are so they too will slam themselves against hard targets till they die.

Sure their sneaky tunnels might wreak some havoc on the people of S. Korea for a few days and if they nuke Seoul it would be bad but lead to retaliatory nukes on Pyongyang.

ETA: They know they are irrelevant but they also know that like a spoiled child if they throw a tantrum here and there sometimes it pays off with and aid package or two...just to get them to shut-up if nothing else.

edit on 22/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No one would dare attack SK with Gang Nam Psy.Good greif.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
er... the Balloon launch was "banned" by SK officials.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So NK wouldnt have done anything... there was nothing to react to?

OK so they DID launch some...

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 22/10/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Reports just in, North Korean Air Forces on full alert, scrambling all available warplanes -

lmao. dude you won the prize of the year.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the activists declared freedom of speech.

but that shouldnt really apply to this peaceful assault of border crossing balloons :

i mean im all for educating the poor north koreans, but really, they are doing what every first world country would find extremely unacceptable to have done to itself.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join