An Abortion Story

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So I went on a date with a girl about a month ago, and she hid from me halfway through, so I headed home. Then, I get a text message from her a week later and she says she really needs help getting an abortion. I asked her about her sexual history and stuff and thought it would be a good thing to help her out with her situation.

It turns out she had been having sex with about two different guys a week, unprotected, and now she needed me to give her a ride to the abortion clinic because she was something like 3 months pregnant and just found out. I asked her if she had thought about getting HIV testing, and she said no, she didn't have that...

Meanwhile, she hasn't at all been reliable or in communication with me about this. I'm trying to organize getting her to the clinic, and she can't even cooperate.

I thought I would share this story here, since I can do it anonymously.

Did you know that it is scientifically proven that having multiple sexual partners affects your life in a negative manner, and that of your various partners? It is also an unhealthy thing to have unprotected sex, and can result in spreading STDs, oh, and unwanted pregnancies.

It shouldn't frustrate me so much that she is making bad life decisions for herself, except for the part where an innocent child is being killed due to her own incompetence, she is spreading STDs to people in my town, and she is messing with guys hearts.

Doesn't that sound like something that should be talked about? I'm all for women's rights, but people like this piss me off. Thoughts?
edit on 21-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Did you know that it is scientifically proven that having multiple sexual partners affects your life in a negative manner, and that of your various partners?

Can you cite some legit sources for that please?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

That is a great question. I think it should be clarified, I might have also jumped the gun since I learned about it in my psychology courses at a heavily liberal arts college but might not have all of the details.

this study shows there is a correlation between self-esteem and sexual promiscuity. It shows that people with low self-esteem are more likely to engage in risky sexual behavior six months later.

Here is another study: Harmful Effects of Early Sexual Activity and Multiple Sexual Partners Among Women

However, "The Heritage Foundation is an American conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C. Heritage's stated mission is to "formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense".

Source

I think we should probably call that lack of evidence for my statement, and I'll retract it for now.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So a developing embryo is a child now?

Are you also going to make men who masturbate and kill all those "innocent children' feel guilty?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Sounds like to me, that you are the one with the Problem.

You hardly know this person, yet you have passed judgement on Her, based on your Values.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What she sounds like is a very,very troubled girl, who needs serious help, not judgement.....and a case worker.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

All right, I do agree with you that she doesn't need judgment and that a case worker would be nice. The real reason I am frustrated with her is that she doesn't seem capable of coordinating or communicating about this, remember, I am agreeing to give her a ride and sit with her through the whole process and everything. Maybe she has a lot going on, I don't know.

As for my personal view on abortion, I do think there is a time period where the fetus does become a human being (more like 6-9 months, however) while no, sperm are not human. Don't forget that a woman ovulates once a month as well, and no, that is not human, either.

My main issue is that abortions should not be used as contraceptives and also, that spreading STDs is not healthy. No, I am not religious, I just happen to have formed my own views on abortion and the spreading of STDs based on what I think makes sense to me. I went to a very liberal arts college and identify as liberal.

I don't think it is healthy for everyone in a political party to have homogeneous viewpoints, that is kind of sketchy, in fact.

I might have a problem, I agree, because I am judging her instead of helping her... but I don't think I have a problem just because my personal beliefs are different than yours regarding abortions.

If you think about it, I'm actually putting aside my personal beliefs on this matter in order to help someone get an abortion, which is more than anyone I know has done.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thanks for answering. I'm going to read both of these later this evening.
I'm with you on the heritage foundation thing but will read it as well just in case they present an unbiased case.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You seem like a good guy and I understand your frustration, just don't take it out on her.
If you do take her, while you're waiting you should pick up any sex ed pamphlets the clinic offers. It sounds like (among many other problems) she's lacking in the sex ed department.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

Thanks everyone, for reminding me how to be a good person. I appreciate it. And I'll consider some of the other advice, as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
While I do think you are doing a good thing offering help. Offer without judgement, or just don't offer. I do not agree that abortion is a great form of contraception, but surly it can not be any easy decision for the women !!

I myself finally had babies with the help of assisted reproduction ( many years of it). I have never aborted a child. But am absolutely not against it. I feel for all women who have had to for one reason or another . Personally it doesn't interest me what their reason.

If a person thinks its needed, then I'm of the view "IT IS" needed. What im saying is either help or if it interferes with any strong feelings or convictions, then don't be apart of it. It's simple.

As for being promiscuous in her sexual appetite, her choice again. However a few friendly tips on protecting herself in the future may not go astray. But may fall on deaf ears. It's a 2 way street sex. Either man or women or both can pretect themselves. It's not just the females job. If a mans going to have sex with a women he should be prepared to father a possible child.

If your truly doing this to help out and be there for her, good on you. I hope if you suggest she use protecton in the future, she listens. I'm sure this will be a very hard lesson learnt for her.

Eta: surprising it maybe for you, a lot of women actually really enjoy sex and casual sex maybe their best option. It is not always about self esteem issues or wanting to be accepted. Of course these women, as with men who enjoy casual sex should be responsible in protecting them selves
edit on 21-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well that "embryo" surely is not going to grow into a Buick...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What teenage girl, or boy for that matter, doesn't have self esteem problems? What about the guys who are permiscuious? Aren't they also "heart breakers" spreading STD?

I sense a double standard, both in the study you presented and in your attitude toward the way you think women should behave, compared to the fellows she dates.

You said that you only went on one date with her, and she hid from you. Shortly afterward she called you with this request. Do you think that you may have gotten the wrong "idea" about this date, and when she realized she baled. Maybe, she confided in you, as she had wanted to do on the date, (but chickened out) because you're not emotionally involved, and she hoped that you wouldn't judge her.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I really understand where you are coming from. But you have to look at this girl's whole MO. Nothing says that she cares. She doesn't care what happens to her, she doesn't care what happens to other people, she doesn't care about anything.

It is a very sad situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Eta: surprising it maybe for you, a lot of women actually really enjoy sex and casual sex maybe their best option. It is not always about self esteem issues or wanting to be accepted. Of course these women, as with men who enjoy casual sex should be responsible in protecting them selves
edit on 21-10-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

It's not surprising, actually. I have a very well-rounded liberal arts education.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just as I thought. James Bond has low self-esteem. And Fraser. And so does the Most Interesting Man in the World, not to mention gene simmons, Kareem Abdul Jabbar...david letterman...wait, no argument there...

I just hope everyone gets to do whatever they want, esp the child, harmoniously. The girls sounds like she would be a poor parent, at this stage. Make sure the unborn child gets a chance at being adopted.

edit on 22-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ho's man. You'd do better to not get involved. They will bring you down in many ways.

new topics

top topics

join