It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Obama treat his voters opposed to Johnson... Take a look at the emails.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, we can compare mass emails, or we can compare policies. Hmmmmm. Tough choice. Think ill steer clear of the guy who think early 1900's policies are the way to go. Johnson, Paul...good golly, its like these guys want to end this county as fast as possible.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So, we can compare mass emails, or we can compare policies. Hmmmmm. Tough choice. Think ill steer clear of the guy who think early 1900's policies are the way to go. Johnson, Paul...good golly, its like these guys want to end this county as fast as possible.

I can't believe its now a mainstream policy on ATS, to be as ignorant as possible.

I'm sorry free markets, balancing the budget and defending the Constitution ISN'T your thing.

Have you ever seen Gary Johnson's record as Gov. from New Mexico? Of course you haven't because his policies would SURELY, in YOUR words, "end this country as fast as possible".

Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
Created more than 20,000 new jobs
First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature

www.garyjohnson2012.com...

edit on 23-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am still trying to track down the Third Party debate... Tuesday night 8PM Central

all i can find is that no USA channels will televise the debate with ~4 of the lesser publicized parties in attendance

it seems that Russia Today (on YouTube) and AlJazeera are the only two telecasters...

supposedly the live feed might be : http:/rt.com/tih2YlTd #3partydebate

(twitter tweets say the link is t.co... #3partydebate)
see: www.youtube.com...
and try to wade through the mess of information which seems to be ill reported by the disinformants trying to screw up the public linking into the off-shore live coverage

supposed to be in 'minutes' (looks like a half-an-hour to me

Larry King is claimed to be the moderator

StUdio out...

there is a more simple link, streaming no less when the debate starts at 9PM Eastern

link here at that time
or just wait for the streaming to begin)

______beforeitsnews/election-2012/2012/10/3rd-party-debate-live-9pm-est-2445862.html

there, i think we got it... if anyone cares
edit on 23-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
So I received an email from both candidates on the same day a few days ago... I figured it is good to know your enemy (and also good to keep an open mind
) so I signed up for Obama's emailing list, and I thought it was very funny to see the contrast between the two candidates...

Obama
Part I

Part II

Part III

Johnson

I mean you have colorful pictures, little to no information on anything, and assumptions based off of incompetencies from Obama hahahahaha, and then a nice little comparative data chart provided by third party candidate Gary Johnson.

Really contrasts the two candidates nicely, eh? If anyone has a good Romney one, I would enjoy that. I did not sign up for his list yet, deep down I just don't really care I suppose

I want no part of a candidate that wants to abolish the Fed, balance the budget, and cut both military and medicare spending, all "immediately" as he states. The knee-jerk reactions are bad enough, but geezus ... the Fed doesnt need to be abolished, it needs to be reformed. Cutting 43% of military budget and 43% of medicare spending? Holy unemployment and deathbeds, Batman. Balance the budget immediately? He's delusional, that's not a "just do it" kind of thing, its gonna take at least a bit of time.

I'm not saying that Obama and Romney are saints by any means, but Gary Johnson would be the bull in a china shop that would destroy us.

I don't think you have any idea how much WASTE really exists in our government. I can't believe there are actually Americans that think that this country would come to a complete halt if our governments budget were suddenly balanced.

How long do YOU think medicare, military, and current levels of government spending can last?

Also, the FED NEEDS to be abolished, it is absolutely 100% UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Why would you want to REFORM an ILLEGAL and PRIVATE entity!?

Read up on your history and learn about the origin of the FED and why they have certain policies in place. You can't reform the FED....lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I am still trying to track down the Third Party debate... Tuesday night 8PM Central

all i can find is that no USA channels will televise the debate with ~4 of the lesser publicized parties in attendance

it seems that Russia Today (on YouTube) and AlJazeera are the only two telecasters...

supposedly the live feed will be : http:/rt.co/tih2YlTd #3partydebate

supposed to be in 'minutes' (looks like a half-an-hour to me

Larry King is claimed to be the moderator

StUdio out...

live.freeandequal.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

live.freeandequal.org...

thanks, i also finally cut thhrough all the clutter and got this streaming link:

______beforeitsnews/election-2012/2012/10/3rd-party-debate-live-9pm-est-2445862.html

but the link you have is the sponser....thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
So I received an email from both candidates on the same day a few days ago... I figured it is good to know your enemy (and also good to keep an open mind
) so I signed up for Obama's emailing list, and I thought it was very funny to see the contrast between the two candidates...

Obama
Part I

Part II

Part III

Johnson

I mean you have colorful pictures, little to no information on anything, and assumptions based off of incompetencies from Obama hahahahaha, and then a nice little comparative data chart provided by third party candidate Gary Johnson.

Really contrasts the two candidates nicely, eh? If anyone has a good Romney one, I would enjoy that. I did not sign up for his list yet, deep down I just don't really care I suppose

I want no part of a candidate that wants to abolish the Fed, balance the budget, and cut both military and medicare spending, all "immediately" as he states. The knee-jerk reactions are bad enough, but geezus ... the Fed doesnt need to be abolished, it needs to be reformed. Cutting 43% of military budget and 43% of medicare spending? Holy unemployment and deathbeds, Batman. Balance the budget immediately? He's delusional, that's not a "just do it" kind of thing, its gonna take at least a bit of time.

I'm not saying that Obama and Romney are saints by any means, but Gary Johnson would be the bull in a china shop that would destroy us.

I don't think you have any idea how much WASTE really exists in our government. I can't believe there are actually Americans that think that this country would come to a complete halt if our governments budget were suddenly balanced.

How long do YOU think medicare, military, and current levels of government spending can last?

Also, the FED NEEDS to be abolished, it is absolutely 100% UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Why would you want to REFORM an ILLEGAL and PRIVATE entity!?

Read up on your history and learn about the origin of the FED and why they have certain policies in place. You can't reform the FED....lol.

Just as a little background, I work for the government as a contractor, working with the military. I'm certainly not all knowing, but I have a pretty damn good understanding about how much waste exists in our government spending. In my time as a government contractor, I have also developed enough of an understanding to know that an immediate 43% cut in military spending would be absolutely disasterous to both the economy and the safety of this country.

Can we cut military spending by 43%? Yes we can. It would actually help my job security to do so. Should we do this all in one fell swoop? Absolutely not. How should we do it? Well, look at it from this perspective - its like cutting a person off of an SSRI. Weaning them off over a bit of time works great, but cutting them off cold turkey can cause severe problems. If you are not familiar with how that can affect a person, go read up about it - its not pretty. By drawing down military spending over the course of a presidency (instead of the first year of the first term, which means it is really far less than a calendar year), you're giving the military time to adapt and tailor their operations to work with a lower operating cost.

As far as the Fed goes ... part of the change should be that it is reformed into a government entity, rather than staying a private one. It needs to be audited and it needs to be transparent. There's a lot that needs to be done, but coming in and saying "too bad, so sad, bye bye" ... again, not the right answer.

Again, I will say - Gary Johnson's grand idea of reducing spending and balancing the budget is great. Its his method of getting there that is wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

"you dont like my guy, you must be ignorant". Typical rhetoric from those who claim to be outside of the status quo. Just sad.

I know plenty about Johnson, and Paul. If you do a little research into how this country actually runs, you'd realize that those policies CANNOT work on a national level, period.

But I digress. I have had enough of these conversations to know better than getting into all of this with you guys. First it was Paul, now its Johnson. Just a new incarnation of the same impossible, utopian dreams, designed to take this country back 200 years.
edit on 24-10-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

A vote for Johnson is a vote to say no to both Romney and Obama, which is exactly what every American should be doing. We have to get away from the corruption of both Major Party's.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Both flyers look retarded to me.

The first one seems like it has been designed for 5yo and the second one is clearly taking people for morons : "I'll do that (but I won't tell you how) they'll do that (but no way in hell I put quotes in here) ; trust me, I'm a politician".
edit on 24-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by PvtHudson

A vote for Johnson is a vote to say no to both Romney and Obama, which is exactly what every American should be doing. We have to get away from the corruption of both Major Party's.

....by voting for a DIFFERENT career politician. Am I the only one that sees the flaw in this plan?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The only thing is that, it is impossible at this point in time to get anywhere in politics without that background (as well as money unfortunately). Am I voting for a lesser of evils though, no way. Johnson's record and ideologies far surpass the other two main party candidates.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Replace Obamacare with Romneycare? Hah, the pamphlet is bogus, which makes me question the Libertarian candidate truthfulness if he stands by such a dishonest work of fiction.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join