It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Obama treat his voters opposed to Johnson... Take a look at the emails.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So I received an email from both candidates on the same day a few days ago... I figured it is good to know your enemy (and also good to keep an open mind
) so I signed up for Obama's emailing list, and I thought it was very funny to see the contrast between the two candidates...

Obama
Part I

Part II

Part III

Johnson

I mean you have colorful pictures, little to no information on anything, and assumptions based off of incompetencies from Obama hahahahaha, and then a nice little comparative data chart provided by third party candidate Gary Johnson.

Really contrasts the two candidates nicely, eh? If anyone has a good Romney one, I would enjoy that. I did not sign up for his list yet, deep down I just don't really care I suppose

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
So I received an email from both candidates on the same day a few days ago... I figured it is good to know your enemy (and also good to keep an open mind
) so I signed up for Obama's emailing list, and I thought it was very funny to see the contrast between the two candidates...

Obama
Part I

Part II

Part III

Johnson

I mean you have colorful pictures, little to no information on anything, and assumptions based off of incompetencies from Obama hahahahaha, and then a nice little comparative data chart provided by third party candidate Gary Johnson.

Really contrasts the two candidates nicely, eh? If anyone has a good Romney one, I would enjoy that. I did not sign up for his list yet, deep down I just don't really care I suppose

I want no part of a candidate that wants to abolish the Fed, balance the budget, and cut both military and medicare spending, all "immediately" as he states. The knee-jerk reactions are bad enough, but geezus ... the Fed doesnt need to be abolished, it needs to be reformed. Cutting 43% of military budget and 43% of medicare spending? Holy unemployment and deathbeds, Batman. Balance the budget immediately? He's delusional, that's not a "just do it" kind of thing, its gonna take at least a bit of time.

I'm not saying that Obama and Romney are saints by any means, but Gary Johnson would be the bull in a china shop that would destroy us.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Why does a private entity (comprised of multinational banks, who work for profit) have the sole right to issue US currency?

Why is it that since that entity took that power in 1913, we've seen over a 90% devaluation of our currency?

It doesn't need to be reformed, it needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have one question, since you sound like a well informed Johnson voter and for lack of any base of numbers to compete with the big two..I haven't honestly looked at him too hard. St Jude, I'm not.

So, you may understand my confusion for needing to ask this. He's planning to bring the budget into Balance immediately. Hmm.. Okay. Can you explain, as a supporter of his, how he intends to do that? I have no clue where Obama's 10 year fantasy comes from. His OWN White House Budget package shows annual deficits above 500 Billion all the way out through 2022.

I'd agree 10 years is too long...but..Umm...this isn't just cutting a few programs, and the economy is on the verge of total implosion. How does this work?

(It's BIG in size, hence a thumb to click for thread space. It shows all debt figures from 2011 through 2022 as projected within the over all Fiscal 2013 Budget Proposal from the White House.)

The one figure that doesn't include is annual NET interest paid on debt issued from the Treasury. A little over a quarter trillion for FY 2012. So... to Balance the budget, it would take ...by what this years rough deficit came to (as much as pre-election numbers are trusted) on top of what interest adds, by default to compensate for true balance...That comes to just over 1.3 Trillion he'd be cutting almost no-notice style. A LOT of Gov't jobs to literally flood the market with new jobless...in a market that has no jobs to get as it is..?

He has answers for those problems? I'm sincerely asking...because I assume he DOES have an answer and I'd sure love to hear what he would have thought up for that kind of axe without causing the immediate collapse everyone is trying to avoid?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The federal Reserve is the root cause of all of our problems... Your view is the majority sentiment of this country and is why we are marching into hell right now... You do not understand what the fed has done and is still doing. Do your homework and get informed to make better choices.

Also Johnson is not going to put people out on the street he just means we need to start on balancing the budget and cutting spending now as opposed to the other two who have publicly stated they want to wait till later and of course they have no intention of cutting anything they will expand everything. When they say cuts they mean the will only expand less then they were originally going to expand. They are liars.

Also Johnson has already done in NM what he says he is going to do as president and no one lost their jobs in fact jobs increased by 20%.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm not saying that Obama and Romney are saints by any means, but Gary Johnson would be the bull in a china shop that would destroy us.

Tell me what you think the Federal Reserve should be absolved to? If not abolished, what about it do you think needs to remain in tact? The Federal Reserve was created to help small banks have enough money to lend to its customers, in theory not a horrible way to stimulate the economy. Small banks get interest off of loans, able to pay back the federal reserve, and the people who borrowed loans were able to make the money they loaned back based off of investments. THAT is no longer practiced. The Federal Reserve is now here as an easy way out for big banks, and the little banks and businesses get no benefit. So tell me the potential good that can come in the Fed without a complete overhaul of big business mentality??
edit on 21-10-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Here is his plan: www.garyjohnson2012.com...

His track record: www.garyjohnson2012.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yeah.... I can do research like a professional....

I was far more interested in how well known and understood his plans are to his own supporters to give a logical summary. I've barely heard his name outside of ATS...so that gives another indicator of how well he's getting his message out to his own people. ...totally aside from the main point that I really have NO clue how his proposal is economically possible.

Oh Well.... I have too much in totally unrelated areas to do tonight without dedicated a % of it to research on someone most of the nation hasn't got name recognition to. Maybe next election he can push to be a recognized name by the general man on the street?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OP are you saying that all you received from the Obama email were those cartoon-graphics? Surely there was more of a message to those emails, wasn't there? If not it appears that the incumbent's view of U.S. voters is that we relate on the same level pre-schoolers! (Come to think of it, that may not be too far off base these days)

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Submit a Balanced Budget to Congress, not five or ten years down the road, but in 2013.
End excessive spending, bloated stimulus programs, unnecessary farm subsidies, and earmarks.
Reassess the role of the federal government and identify responsibilities that can be met more efficiently by the private sector.
Recognize that you can't have limited government at home, but big government abroad.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me, instead of waiting for a plan that may work within the next 10 years or so, do something that works now. I know you are an expert researcher, without me having to post an incredulous list of items in the government look up some of the ways our government spends money... it's simply ridiculous. On a local level, I know a high school around my parts was granted an extra 5 million dollars in spending while the surrounding schools were cut in budget... same district and everything... What was the money used for? A NEW FOOTBALL STADIUM. I wish that I could not superpose this to a larger scale... but it seems the U.S. follows that same concept of spending. With things like earmarks, and stimulus programs, what typically ends up is improper delegation of funding, and then propping up programs, people, and businesses that drain money we don't have as a nation... War spending? Don't even get me started. It isn't about destroying the military that defends America, it is about taking away the military that unnecessarily destroys other parts of the world.... It seems rather common sense to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

This was the rest of the email.

Election officials may make ongoing changes to early voting availability, including locations and hours. Additionally, some early voting days vary by county in some states. If you would like to confirm before voting, please visit vote.barackobama.com.

-----
Election Day is closer than you think. Donate today to support the President and Democrats across the country.
PAID FOR BY OBAMA VICTORY FUND 2012, A JOINT FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED BY OBAMA FOR AMERICA, THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE, AND THE STATE DEMOCRATIC PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: CO, FL, IA, NV, NH, NC, OH, PA, VA, AND WI.
Contributions or gifts to Obama Victory Fund 2012 are not tax deductible.
The first $2,500 from a contributor to Obama Victory Fund 2012 will be allocated to Obama for America, designated for the general election. The next $30,800 from a contributor will be allocated to the Democratic National Committee. Any additional amount(s) from a contributor will be divided among the State Democratic Party Committees as follows, up to $10,000 per committee and subject to the biennial aggregate limits: OH (24%), FL (15%); WI (12%); IA (10%); NV (10%); VA (9%); CO (7%); NC (7%); PA (3%); and NH (3%). A contributor may designate a contribution for a particular participant. This allocation formula may change if following it would result in an excessive contribution. Contributions will be used in connection with a Federal election, may be spent on any activities of the participants as each committee determines in its sole discretion, and will not be earmarked for any particular candidate.

This email was sent to: _______________________
If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here.
We believe that emails are a vital way for the campaign to stay in direct contact
with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
This campaign is a community, and all ideas are welcome.
We appreciate any feedback you might have -- positive or negative.
Click here to contact the campaign with any questions or concerns.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

No arguments from me there.... The waste is just obscene from top to bottom and back up again. State, local and Federal. It all needs heavy axes taken to budgets or just start with blank screens a few months sooner than normal to literally WRITE one from scratch and not simply cobble together and hack up existing ones to make them worse..as they have been doing for pretty much my whole lifetime.

The reason why I'm asking and still hung around to see if you might have more info in a general way to offer was that, after this election passes, he may BE the candidate the remnants of the Paul movement choose to rally behind for 2016. In that case, he'll be mine too..because I'm sure not leaving 2012 with a 'lets see in 2015 who wants to run'.... heck with that. That is how Paul lost this time. Not enough time for the huge task of getting the giant which is the american people..actually moving.

.....It'll annoy some people I call friends here to hear ME say this..but I have NO problem with his Military cuts either. Those who DO have a problem, I can only assume have never looked at a list style comparison of the 200+ nations for defense spending. We aren't ahead...we aren't the leader...We're the GOD of this Planet by SOOOO MUCH, in sheer Numbers, I'm physically ill sometimes thinking about how much we waste on the effort to kill other human beings in ever more creative ways.

.....I'm just hung up on where he finds 1.3 trillion..
I don't see it to cut without basically going to full blown, no holds barred WAR with Congress in a way this nation hasn't seen since the Early 1800's. It would be interesting! ...Or who knows..May yet BE interesting in 2016. I don't pick the guy..I'll just be putting everything I have to give into who the movement chooses to get in, 4 years from now.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
if you don't how to vote, or where to vote and you need cartoons to show you, you're not qualified to vote because you're to dumb and therefore are incapable of understanding the issues.

it was mind numbing seeing that.

and you can tell the obama administration spent millions on that and every color, shape, image, size, you name it was carefully selected and assembled by a team that included psychologists, election experts, computer analysts, and propaganda experts.

edit on 21-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thanks! Looks like it's all about the money with nothing substantive: vote for me - gimme you money!

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Put it up for ALL to see.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Ah I see, very well then. I cannot say I have done the full-blown arithmetic on the matter, but regardless of the numerical quantity I see only logic in the fact that "cutting spending" will be more effective in saving debt than "spending more" which is what the other candidates offer... Plus knowing what goes on in Congress and how bills are written, I can see quite a few million being saved merely with pork-regulation in bill writing. That complied with less useless government programs and less wasteful military spending, and proper distribution of taxation... I see no surprise in realizing that there may be a trillion or so dollars allocated currently that do not need to exist to have an effective government.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you much sonny1 ! I tried to resize my images, but failed to find the correct application on my Mac to allow me to do so, I did the best with what I have.

BY CHANCE, to anyone, does anyone have an image indicative of Mitt Romney's email content? I am sure it only mirrors Obama, like in every other way...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I hear ya..and his attitude to at least move that direction with no delay and all efforts gets my attention. If we weren't just 2 weeks out and/or if he had any indication of placing more than a token spot in terms of people out there actually knowing him to choose to vote, I'd look hard and probably vote for him given the bit I've read tonight.

Oh... Where was he back in the first phase and Iowa-New Hampshire while everyone was wide open to learning and hearing all about the various people? He sure didn't seem ..forceful..to put it with absolutely no negative feelings about it. It just doesn't seem to have panned out at all for 2012 on his effort?

It's a personal thing on voting too... In 2008 I voted for Barack Obama for the PRIMARY..not the General. Ron Paul got written in on the General for my ballot. However, I voted for Obama on the primary to block Clinton. I figured it's Missouri... hey... Obama would have almost 0 chance, McCain wasn't in danger or needing my vote for the real side...and I did NOT want Hillary. Silly me...I thought she was the worst it could get back then.
Well...... Obama WON the primary and as I recall, it wasn't a 1 vote margin...(I'd have had a breakdown..I swear!) but it wasn't a HUGE margin and I've called it a hard lesson learned about playing stupid games with my vote since..at least in my very personal way of seeing my part in it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
yes, all democrats should vote for gary johnson...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

The federal Reserve is the root cause of all of our problems... Your view is the majority sentiment of this country and is why we are marching into hell right now... You do not understand what the fed has done and is still doing. Do your homework and get informed to make better choices.

Also Johnson is not going to put people out on the street he just means we need to start on balancing the budget and cutting spending now as opposed to the other two who have publicly stated they want to wait till later and of course they have no intention of cutting anything they will expand everything. When they say cuts they mean the will only expand less then they were originally going to expand. They are liars.

Also Johnson has already done in NM what he says he is going to do as president and no one lost their jobs in fact jobs increased by 20%.

Johnson's plan doesnt say "start on balancing the budget". It says he wants to submit a balanced budget in 2013, and part of the way that he plans on doing that is by cutting both military and medicare spending by 43%. If he was going to "start on balancing the budget," he would be doing it over a longer period of time, not with him being in office well under a year. I'm not saying multiple terms, or over the course of multiple Presidents. I'm simply saying that him attempting to push a balanced budget in 2013 by using those pair of 43% cuts is foolish.

I fully support a balanced budget, but the way that he wants to go about it is completely unrealistic.

<<   2  3 >>

join