It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my biggest secret about the pineal gland...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This sounds similar to Kechari Mudra, although it's recommended to only do it with a teacher. You wouldn't want to get stuck in that position.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the blood-flow to the pineal gland theory. Not specifically by 'pumping' the muscle groups you are talking about. But:

"Unlike much of the rest of the mammalian brain, the pineal gland is not isolated from the body by the blood–brain barrier system;[13] it has profuse blood flow, second only to the kidney."

Which is news to me!

I think the sensation of pumping your neck muscles, just below the skull is actually manipulating your Eustachian tube. That is what is opening and closing when you yawn:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Muscles
There are four muscles associated with the function of the Eustachian tube:
Levator veli palatini (innervated by the vagus nerve)
Salpingopharyngeus (innervated by the vagus nerve)
Tensor tympani (innervated by the mandibular nerve of CN V)
Tensor veli palatini (innervated by the mandibular nerve of CN V)"

I find it interesting the Eustachian tube is connected to the vagus nerve - that seems to give credence to the idea of inducing euphoria and a sense of well-being.

Vagus nerve:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Vagus nerve is highly associated with the production of Oxytocin - one of the main chemicals involved in love and bonding. There have been experiments where people with severe depression have had electrode stimulation of the Vagus nerve and it has had remarkable effects.

Oxytocin:
en.wikipedia.org...

"Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors.[1] For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "love hormone". The inability to secrete oxytocin and feel empathy is linked to sociopathy, psychopathy, narcissism,[citation needed] and general manipulativeness.[2][not verified in body] However, there is some evidence that oxytocin promotes 'tribal' behaviour, combining trust and empathy with the in-group with suspicion and rejection of outsiders.[3]"

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
there is a yoga technique called Kechari mudra, that essentially does the same thing, but stimulates it with you tongue. Check it out:

www.aypsite.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am glad some people took the academic route and looked something up before half assing things and then complaining about their failure. I have been doing this since I was a kid and I never hurt myself. Then again I was never a fool when it came to my body.

To the other self proclaimed masters knocking on something they just learned about today and then getting into a bickering fest like amateur adolescents.....good luck with your candles and incense. Maybe you have a class that you teach at the lo al YMCA or maybe you charge soccer moms for an hour of BS. I don't know.

We don't need gurus to woo us. We need practical ways to live better. Have fun being the center of attention in your little circles. The rest of the world is moving on without you. Together.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Neurobics is probably a more intrinsic and practical mind training regiment with real world results.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I've been able to hear that rushing sound in my ears for as long as I can remember. If I do it in fast repetitions, it feels like my eardrums are going to blow out lol.

Never thought much of it or felt anything special...just simply thought it was interesting to make noise inside my ears...

Am I supposed to hold it as long as possible? Because I do until the spasm/sound 'sputters' and I can no longer do it, but there isn't anything special I feel.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'm in the same boat, the sound he's describing sounds like blood rushing to your head and you can hear it in your ears but not in the conventional sense. I've been able to rush blood to my head since I was in elementary school. If this is somehow different, I haven't gathered how yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Maybe. The way I see it it is all related. I gave my technique for oxygenating the pineal. I am sure there are others and I am sure some people might find them useful. This works for me and is interesting to learn about.

I recommended learning more for yourself before taking anyone's word for it. Even mine.

If this is useful to you then it was an honor to share it. If those that dropped by for protagonism felt the need to show ignorance for that which they know nothing about then so be it.

I am glad some will find this useful.

Not all of us have all the answers or even the want to....some of us like to grow to the best of our abilities. This thread is for them.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Please reread what I posted about this on the first pages.

You know what for anyone with doubts stop. If you have honest questions first go to my profile and read all my responses in this thread. I addressed all your concerns already I think. If I didn't I will clarify.

Oh and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
edit on 22-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
this thread is actually excellent in my opinion. so many knowledgeable sharing their knowledge and experience and this is what we need. the so-called gurus have hidden away from us and would not teach us. it would seem we have to all go to tibet to learn this stuff and sleep outside the monastery for 3 years before the master decides to let us in or not. all that crap is going to end.

it is this apocalypse i have looked most forward to. also i have much to learn about the finer points of biology in the head and it's association, and it would seem we have some among us who are well versed in this understanding.

i look forward to us working together asking questions and helping eachother in this thread. i believe that the skeptics will be far outnumbered soon. not just on ATS. but worldwide.

Deny Ignorance and let us forge forward. this stuff is no longer a myth as i have attested time and time again. through our collective efforts we will uncover this mystery to absolute nudity. and the secrets that have kept us downtrodden and fearful will be no more!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hmm interesting...I have a large protrusion on my skull, a bump where the pineal gland is (inside), was born like that, people always found it a strange thing so I tend to grow my hair long now.

What you described I have been doing all my life, when I do it close my eyes, I see a kind of grid made of geometric shapes momentarily.

I use it to flush my mind and focus when I am working or thinking deeply.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

When your tired you yawn, usually then sleep, then dream...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'm really trying but still not sure I'm doing it right. My eyes do close and tear up when I'm trying to yawn. Is this the same or not.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I am glad some people took the academic route and looked something up before half assing things and then complaining about their failure. I have been doing this since I was a kid and I never hurt myself. Then again I was never a fool when it came to my body.

To the other self proclaimed masters knocking on something they just learned about today and then getting into a bickering fest like amateur adolescents.....good luck with your candles and incense. Maybe you have a class that you teach at the lo al YMCA or maybe you charge soccer moms for an hour of BS. I don't know.

We don't need gurus to woo us. We need practical ways to live better. Have fun being the center of attention in your little circles. The rest of the world is moving on without you. Together.

Try not to take the knuckledraggers to seriously, they'd argue the merits of water if someone said they got a benefit from 12 glasses instead of 8. They live in a fear based bubble that was taught/created by,to their masters, you're dealing with bumper sticker programming mostly, no real personal cause and effect at work.

The one time I was in a fighter plane it was recommended to constrict the stomach to get the blood flow to the head - to keep from passing out. I noticed your technique has the same muscle tensing in the belly. I mention this as maybe the knuckledraggers will see there is a department of defense practice so maybe they'll pay attention.

As for the point about the pineal, the entire point of the technique is intent. While the science worshippers love to say things like, "it can't work, there is no science behind it..." blah blah blah, the point of most things in life is intent, which is not science but consciousness. If you "intend" that this particular process can, can, assist in increasing the ENERGY flow to these areas then you'll be rewarded. In fact, altering the process to focus on energy, WHILE increasing the blood flow will give you great rewards. If you worship the overlords of science the you can just wait until some jackass researcher gets a grant from some giant industry giant to look into the matter.

As for hurting yourself, highly, highly unlikely unless awaking to the crap reality you live in would be considered pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Just found this thread, and you have blown my mind. I have been practicing this without really understanding what I was doing for years. When I was young I noticed the sound sometimes heard when yawning which came from within my head. After a couple years of paying attention to it closely in terms of what muscles my body was using, I was able to do it voluntarily. I do it all the time, but never thought about it being increased blood flow. I thought that it was just allowing my ears to pick up on the sound of blood flow, not increased blood flow.

The warm and light and free feeling I get when doing this... action... makes sense if the sound is that of a surge of blood instead of the sound of normal blood flow. When I do this, there are no heartbeats or regular patterns - as long as I can keep the blood flowing, it flows constantly.

I can do this for about 3 seconds at a time usually, but I have gone for up to perhaps 10 seconds. It is very difficult to do that. It is easier to do this while exhaling. It is easier to do it with eyes closed but most of the time that I do it, nobody knows I am doing it and I am engaged in normal life stuff [edit: with my eyes open]. It's just something that is almost like consciously taking a breath.

I can greatly extend the length of time I can keep the blood moving by pulsing it, but never totally stopping the rush (or the sound of the rush at least).

Emotionally/psychologically/spiritually, it has served a similar purpose as yawning - that is, it simultaneously calms and heightens awareness, in each of the three aforementioned areas.

Verrrry interesting. Glad I am not alone. Haven't read the rest of the thread so apologies if many people have been doing this, whatever you might call it!
edit on 22-10-2012 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

A regular saline (salt) flush and snort in up the nose, either side should help clear this up. it will make your nose run like crazy, but that's good.
A swim in the ocean with a shot of water up the snoz does the same thing.

There is also a tomato tea recipe on earthclinic.com which may help too.

I hope this helps, sorry op for butting in
and my off topic post

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

great to have you on the thread. i knew the us airforce does have some trickled occult practices immersed into their training to deal with high altitudes and excessive speeds. astronauts i think have an even deeper set of occult teachings that are taught to them without their knowledge that it comes from an occult source. i also suspect they have out of body experiences when they exit our atmosphere into space. ive also notices that the air force logo is very much similar to the egyptian 'winged disc'. to me this was a major giveaway.

at the end of the day these things have been somewhat held secret in plain sight. the teachings are everywhere but passed off as fiction. only to be discovered by a curious mind with a thirst for the answers to existence and purpose.

i believe the tensing may have something to do with the mula bandha. a yoga lock principle i was introduced to here on ats not too long ago. tell me.. is the tensing of the stomach instructed as something to do past any burn in the abdominal muscles? holding it there relentlessly past the burn of the lactic acid buildup until the burn fades away allowing you to maintain that strength in optimal blood flow?

in mula bandha this can be used by an amateur practitioner to force a very slightly higher channel of the force from the root/sacral chakras. to an experienced or trained mind it can be done via just thought/focus.
edit on 22-10-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I've been able to control that muscle for as long as i can remember. i can do it with my eyes open but its hard. i never knew what it was and don't do it very often but, i'd like to utilize this. can you tell me the exact exercises and the benefits of this in detail. if its not to much to ask id like to know how it has personally benefited you.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
interesting, just take some mesc youll be all set ^^ nah really, can this be done quickly over and over, does it last long, do you see stuff ect ect, or is this like meditation, cause thats def. not for me id rather meditate riding my bike through woods and pulling tricks ^9 landing a 360 on pedal bike, now there is a HIGH ^^
another side note, this title reminds me of those stupid ads that say this one little trick makes doctors,lawyers, ect ect hate this person, learn his/her secret inside!!1
WHAT CRAP HEHE

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join