It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my biggest secret about the pineal gland...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoxie
interesting thread. i'm interested in the tunnel you see as i see one every night during those few moments before sleep takes over. i can also see it with my eyes open. would love to hear your take on the tunnel you see!
edit on 22-10-2012 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

Was that in response to my question if anyone else sees the NDT?

Shows up for me almost instantly, used to always be the same colors but now it is getting much more interesting and often hard to even begin to describe. Not often that I can follow it all the way up, but pretty cool when I manage it. Usually I get distracted somewhere along and end up back where I started

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong here.... I can appreciate the desire to improve awareness and expand conciousness but your best bet is to eat right, exercise, and practice meditation in the traditional manner with proper breathing techniques.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So I thought I would add some more.

I am glad that people are finding this useful. I wanted to expand a little on the dangers since there seems to be some concern. If after a prolonged session you feel groggy and tired like you are coming down with something don't worry. I mentioned before about falling asleep doing this and waking up with a bad fever.

Well it will feel like you got beat up. You will feel every hair on your body and it will hurt a little. Don't worry it passes and when it does you will feel like a million bucks.

I don't know why it happens, you would think that it just gives you a head ache but for some reason it seems like it cleanses your body. Like when you have a bad infection and your body temperature raises in an effort to kill it off. That is why I say to take it slow. Should you endure a prolonged session while you are "unclean" your body will naturally cleanse itself.

It is arduous and can feel horrible but you come out on top feeling damn good. The essence to these exercises is to create a state of balance. Sometimes our minds and bodies are already out of whack and they need a push in the opposite direction to get us on center.

Some one mentioned pain being the catalyst to higher mental states. I do believe that myself. The thing is it is only beneficial when you can overcome it and achieve a state of peace after.

Like dipping into icecold water and then into a hot tub. It is exhilarating. The same can be said about this technique when it causes discomfort. It raises your body temperature for some reason and gives you a rush of euphoria when you perform it upon your exhale.

Too much can be a bad thing but you never achieve progress in something unless you push yourself. Do so at your own pace. Your body knows best. Listen to it and learn to develop an awareness of it. That is fundamental.

Some have said that this is unnecessary and a danger. Yet so is weight lifting or any form of prolonged exercise beyond your bodies limits. We push to grow stronger. Same thing here. You don't exercise when you are injured and you don't push yourself when you are fine.

You do so when you know you can take it and wish to achieve greater results.

You know why martial arts was incorporated into Buddhist practices by monks? They did so to address the physical aspect of their training since they found that focusing only on the mind was like building only the first levels of a tower. To be a complete form all aspects of the being must be addressed.

That is not to say that this is all you will need. It augments your meditation. The process and mental discipline you go through is vital and arguably more important. This will go hand in hand though. It is a boost, an extra, an aid.

I only recommend it to those ready to take the next step and gain an edge. It is not for beginners yet learning to become aware of their bodies or still looking for their process of optimal meditation.

I hope this helps. Remember if you do feel discomfort stop. It will pas. Do not get anxious. Mind your mind and avoid the mind killer. Pain is but the transition to the wonderful. Pass that barrier and you will not fear or hurt.

Thank you for the interest and be wise while employing it.

edit on 22-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

So no portals for you then?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Great, now my ears won't stop ringing and I have a splitting headache. How again is this supposed to help me?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I am not sure why your ears are ringing....that is a first. As far as how it helps read the thread......might not be for you though....

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Great, now my ears won't stop ringing and I have a splitting headache. How again is this supposed to help me?

hahaha u have no idea. relax.. enjoy the headache..

no i mean it.. enjoy it.. be happy for it. but this will be a problem if ur afraid of death. cast fear away.

to cure a headache u dont need aspirin etc. simply relax.. and let the headache explode your skull like it wants.

that will be the end of the headache.

ever had a headache and got involved in something and forgot u had a headache and when u remembered it was gone? like some good sex or so.. lol

we all dont need these crutches. we can do these things manually.

master the self!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
the ears will ring if he is doing something very right. this is like a high frequency ring am i correct? and it's probably gone by now. ringing is great. i call it the voice of the soul.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Not really sure what you are referring to. The tunnels? Yeah. Going through them is in part why I do this. Regular meditation has mixed results....not sure if that is what you mean. Yes You see tunnels when you meditate and open your pineal shakra...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

It won't help you... stop doing it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
the ears will ring if he is doing something very right. this is like a high frequency ring am i correct? and it's probably gone by now. ringing is great. i call it the voice of the soul.

You have got to be kidding me....

Ringing in the ears is most likely due to damaged nerves in the inner ear....

I'm gonna bail from this thread now.... I think it's stupid.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I have had melodies in my head echoing in my skull after breathing exercises but not a ringing in my ears. Who knows everyone is different. I have had people tell me they got a smell or familiar fragrance in their sinus.

Interesting ...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Fair enough. I don't know why people stay to convince others of what they have already decided is true.

You were skeptical from the get go. Why stay to convince others if all you have is a doubt of it not a certainty of anything.

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

quite well the response of a scientist.. or some sort of logicist. we're not talking about the ringing that comes from standing next to a land mine when it explodes. this ringing comes with 0 physical damage to the body or inner ear whatsoever.

BUT.. u see something tho if u can. the ringing from a landmine and the ringing from meditation is quite much the same.. the same key and frequency. perhaps.. it is the nerves turning them selves off or low power state. i dont have a tonne of medical equipment so i have to figure out most of my biological understanding thru research on anatomy and practice.

if he's induced a ringing in his ears without any loud physical noise etc.. then there is no harm done to him or his ear.
edit on 22-10-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ringing in the ears is usually called tinnitus. It is an indication of damage to the inner ear. The damage might be caused by anything that causes blood vessels to burst in the ear leading to nerve damage. This kind of damage can be very minute and the ringing can pass but repeated damage will lead to progressive loss of hearing and virtually continuous ringing.
edit on 22-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sounds great but i cant get it to work...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

quite well the response of a scientist.. or some sort of logicist. we're not talking about the ringing that comes from standing next to a land mine when it explodes. this ringing comes with 0 physical damage to the body or inner ear whatsoever.

BUT.. u see something tho if u can. the ringing from a landmine and the ringing from meditation is quite much the same.. the same key and frequency. perhaps.. it is the nerves turning them selves off or low power state. i dont have a tonne of medical equipment so i have to figure out most of my biological understanding thru research on anatomy and practice.

if he's induced a ringing in his ears without any loud physical noise etc.. then there is no harm done to him or his ear.

...and you recieved your PHD from where again?

You and the OP are full of it. I honestly hope that you guys don't actually cause someone to harm themselves .

...but carry on. I've said my peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Stupid is as stupid does.

As you have clearly demonstrated.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I was doing the "popping of the ears" thing and allowing the sound of the rushing in my ear drums to continue as long as possible. I believe that was what was recommended.
Now, what mystical exercise do I do to get rid of the ringing in my ears?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

...and you recieved your PHD from where again?

You and the OP are full of it. I honestly hope that you guys don't actually cause someone to harm themselves .

...but carry on. I've said my peace.

i do it all the time.. im a musician and believe me i hold my ears in the highest regard. i think the ringing in this case actually comes from the bio-electric field of the spirit being heard by the inner ear as we relax and shutdown the body.

u guys do understand that this tinnitus cannot occur unless a physical sound that damaged the inner ear preceded it. if what he has done is enter the meditative state via relaxation and channelling this ringing will come. it always does as you enter higher bardos.

the most i can say is if im full of *it, then u dont have to try anything u see here. u dont have to succeed and u dont have to fail either.. if this stuff doesnt interest u.. then just carry on.. go make urself a sandwhich and watch some tv.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join