It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my biggest secret about the pineal gland...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
With all due respect to the OP I really question the advisability of trying this sort of thing. I know there are a lot of people who regularly go through all sorts of "routines" to stimulate the brain, manipulate the amygdala, open the chakras, raise kundalini, experience bliss, etc. Usually there are no complications. People fool around for a while and then they get tired of it and just go back to regular life.

However, complications can arise when people become fascinated with this kind of thing, ritualize it and start moving into uncharted mental territory.

Jazz musician Pat Martino used to think of music as a path to enlightenment. He almost died of a brain aneurism. Increasing blood pressure to the brain is not something that should be done lightly. Migraines are related to blood pressure in the brain and often people who suffer them cannot tolerate vasodilators like chocolate.

Food for thought. Caution. This kind of experimentation is not for everybody and will not affect everyone in exactly the same way.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

You're absolutely right.

OP I am wondering if the magic in this is actually just increased blood flowing into the brain, that also supplies oxygen, and it might be chemicals that get released like serotonin, epinephrine, dopamine etc. it's most likely a chain of events and not one particular part.

I'm not sure what you say you hear is the sound of blood rushing but is blood pressure rising. That's the sound you are getting on airplanes. It's not good and I forgot to mention I don't hear a sound.

I think an orgasm could be similar in manner.
edit on 22-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Wow. I got it on the first try. I have noticed this many times in the past when I yawn. It seems I can do it at will as many times as I like, but I can only extend it to get a 2-3 second rush of blood. I have to close my mouth and start over to do it again.

Do you always have to have your mouth open to do this? I seem to require this or I don't get any rush of blood.

I will have to play around with this. Those muscles are already sore, it feels kind of like the discomfort I get when I used to blow up too many balloons.

Well see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is interesting, but I'm still not convinced we can achieve anything out of the ordinary by doing these types of exercises. For me, they just create more stress as I think I am missing out on what could be my optimal brain if only I did the right thing. I think my brain takes care of its needs perfectly well on its own while I am sleeping or doing day to day things.
I appreciate OP sharing this info. I tried both techniques and didn't really notice anything. With the first one I felt like I had a pressurized head and that's about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by BIHOTZ

When you yawn, it increases blood flow to your scalp, not your brain.

Your brain is largely supplied by blood vessels that run beside your spine. You'd have far greater control over blood to your brain by clenching muscles in your throat.

The pineal gland is buried deep in the brain and is very low (close to the spine). It is not right up in your brain but is at the top of your spine. If you have your head centered and at rest, and drew a horizontal line back from the tip of your nose, that line would probably go through the pineal gland.

The sound you hear when you clench the muscles in your skull is due to pressure constriction in your ears, which are located higher than your pineal.

I am unconvinced.

If that's the case, then why do we yawn when we're tired? I was under the impression it was a mechanism to increase alertness and keep you awake. What would be the benefit of a rush of blood to the scalp?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Hey Bihotz, nice thread.

There are pumps also in the back of the head at the top of the spine, referred to in Taoism as the Jade Pillow. There's another pump to the top forefront of the head too. Another pump is in the sacrum area, which allows you to pump the energy around the body and complete the microcosmic orbit (make sure to keep the tongue on the roof of the mouth).

As you pointed out, the trick is to learn to activate the pumps directly with intent, rather than surrounding muscular contraction, but using muscles worked for me at first, just not as well.

I haven't experienced a need to close eyes though BTW, can be done either way.

You can also use a kind of holisitc squeezing technique to concentrate energy into the pineal. I'd have thought that you are experiencing the results of the energy rush, not the blood flow, although blood will follow the energy.

Did you manage to see or 'step' through any of the portals yet?
Anyone else see the near death tube or something similar?
edit on 22-10-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Interesting, I'm going to give both the OP's technique a try when I meditate, as well as this clicking thing a try.

I've actually for a very long time been able to "Alter" my mental state. Sometimes, it doesn't really work the way I intend, and has had psychotic consequences, but through mere concentration and mental cues I've been able to produce remarkable trance, emotional, vision states(not that I believe they mean anything, but it's neat to place yourself in a mental movie)

Now, outside of the episode of psychosis, I'm in proper health and the event was attributed to stress/anxiety and called a nervous breakdown even though I induced it laying in bed concentrating.

Part of my technique is sort of forcing emotional responses, or feelings through memory/imagination/concentration.

I've mimicked my interpretation of mental states, having never experienced many of those I intend to experience.

It's not perfect, but our minds are amazingly powerful when we allow ourselves the time to use them. I've quite often wanted to make an excursion, or even stay somewhere quiet where I can just be alone and practice. How ever having a job, and daily chores makes this a hard task to accomplish. Someone always comes a knocking once, work, sleep, and chores are out of the way, and I just can't bring myself to turn down the opportunity to experience life as well.

Back to the OP. Now this technique you describe, aside from increasing blood flow as you claim, what use does it have?

I understand increased blood flow to muscles increases performance, so the same would apply to our brains.

I don't understand how increased bloodflow to the entire brain affects the pineal?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well I have been having some pretty bad sinus blockage in my ears, probably my Eustachian tubes. It has been like this for about 8 months. I might also have an ear infection, I just don't have any insurance and I am rather poor, so I have not been able to get this solved.

So my question is: Will I still be able to achieve this despite my condition? Also, could this somehow help me with my issue?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Double post, have no idea why.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
For this to work, does one have to stop drinking the town/cities fluoridated water, cause apparently it calcifies our peneal gland, so this would be an adverse force upon our attempt to gain these awesome powers that you are saying we may gain ?? true ?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Cool i can feel the muscles, I'll try it for a couple of days.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have been able to make the hollow pulsating sound in my ears for years now. Never really knew what it was. Just thought it had something to do with the ear drum.

I wonder if telepathy is somehow related to this pulsating as a way to amplify and project your thoughts. Just wondering.
Interesting thred.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

If that's the case, then why do we yawn when we're tired?

Maybe somebody already answered your question here, though I haven't read the comments past yours yet, but wanted to say that though you might be tired when you yawn, the main purpose for the yawn itself is that your brain knows that your body is requiring more oxygen, & when we yawn we take in more in a way to rapidly fill the lungs-pushing (pulling) more air faster, filling our lungs and getting more air through our lungs quicker. When we are tired..sometimes we breathe in a more relaxed manner, using less effort. When we are asleep however, we don't yawn because our body involuntarily take in deeper, more even breaths.

I probably could have said that better.. but I'm really tired myself

edit on 22-10-2012 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Very interesting insight OP. I am just now really getting into meditation and raising my consciousness, so this is a welcome method that I will explore. I'll report on my experience. Thanks again for sharing

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Mon Oct 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by YogaGinns
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I would truly love to find another way to improve the flow of blood to the brain, specifically the pineal gland, as I have high blood pressure and headstands are considered contradictive (sp) in such cases.
It doesn't make a difference. Do not attempt this exercise as you might get an aneurysm or stroke.
edit on 22-10-2012 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have always been able to do this, but never thought much of it. (didn't quite understand what the noise was that i could hear)

i can do it with my eyes open for short periods.

the only change i notice is my eyes water and it can give me headaches, also i can get quite tired from it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Mon Oct 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

It doesn't make a difference. Do not attempt this exercise as you might get an aneurysm or stroke.

I kind of agree with you here, the thought of it just gives me a headache.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Does this pulsing sometimes cause every hair on your body to stand on end ?

I have found a technique which when done feels like a pulse coming from my body, its hard to explain but it sort of starts with me closing my eyes and focusing on making tiny vibrations inside my body which then runs away with itself increasing over the next few seconds but on the outside im totally still as i said they feel like tiny internal vibrations, it feels like it originates from my chest and travels straight up to my head, i definetely feel a rush of blood to my head and causes some sort of strange warm feeling in my brain, i can make these pulses range from about 3- 6 secs but always ends with the hairs of my arms really standing on end. It almost feels like a burst of energy or magnetic field pulsing from my body. Perhaps all im doing is creating a normally involuntary shiver or maybe its something else, whatever it is i have gotten really good at triggering this.

Dont know if this is related but some parts sound a little similar. Id really love to try it under a gaussmeter just to see what happens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join