It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here has tattoos??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I have zero, and don't plan on ever having any probably,

Well, that just proves you would never make it in primitive African tribes where body art is prevalent.

And, neither would I.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Without a doubt, I would not stand a chance, in a society like that.

I have never dated a girl with any tattoos or body modifications. I was married to a girl with a tongue ring once, but she only had it for a few months and got bored with it.

Now that I think of it, only one of my friends even has any observable( while fully clothed) tattoos, and Billy has his name on the side of his neck??????!!!!! Why would you do this? On your neck? Like you don't know who you are so need a reminder?

Other than that, only 5 of my friends has any, and they are all easily conceiled on the chest or back areas( well except for Billy, lol William, will you never learn?)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I have zero, and don't plan on ever having any probably,

Well, that just proves you would never make it in primitive African tribes where body art is prevalent.

And, neither would I.

Jiggerj you allways make me laugh buddy ...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nope too trendy.

I don't have anything against tats but it just seems like everybody has one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Got my left arm inked last year.

After 12 hours of work:

After 14 hours, shaded in:

May put some colour on my geisha, as well as some red and yellow on the phoenix when I get the time (and money)...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My girlfriend she got a shell on her thighs... When I lay my ears to rest on the shell I can smell the sea....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I had all my tattoos done in Cuba from a excellent tattoo artist in Santa Marta ! We became best of friends and I walked his bride down the isle when he was married , were like family now !! I have a large tribal dragon on one arm and a full arm tribal on the other , I have a small tat of Che Guevara on my left chest on a Cuban flag and my wedding ring is a tribal tattoo ! There are some amazing artists in Cuba and they charge a fraction of what they should be getting !!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Dude that was waaaaayyyy too much information!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lammypie999

Hi. Why are the wings never gonna be finished?
What type of wings?

reply to post by denver22

Pics!! :p

reply to post by randomname

roflamo
:p

reply to post by Ben81

thank you!

reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

haha thanks that sounds like a cool tattoo!
yes I understand what you mean, tattoos ARE expensive.

reply to post by truthseeker10

really nice one!

reply to post by smyleegrl

Haha, what age were you?
I got my first tattoo done at 15 or 16 dont remember exactly. And it was a little blue butterfly

My mother likes tattoos as well and has one herslef.
My dad doesnt like them much, but he adapted to me having them. lol
He definitely didnt like when I had the piercings on my face (by that time i was older). I had one in each eyebrow and the monroe piercing. I wasnt going to take them down anyway. I had them for an year and then had to removed them only because the one in my mouth was bothering my gum.

reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Awesome tat!

edit on 21/10/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I couldnt care less about people's negative opinion on tattoos. Someone doesn't like them? someone thinks they are hideous?? LOL-
I mean, seriously, who cares really.

For me tattoos are ART on the body, pretty simple, and its something I do out of love.
Not because some idiot on tv is wearing them.

But hey, it's always easier to put everyone on the same bag. "PEOPLE WITH TATTOOS (fill in the blanks)", etc etc. I am not interested in the slightlest to debate about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My thread is for people who love tattoo. Like I stated in my Original post. So keep sharing the love for this beautiful art!.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Did someone say all that? I didn't see it in any of the responses.

It isn't very nice of them if they did, it is about as logical as hating people with red cars, or who wear blue jeans.

Meh, don't let em bother ya any, your plenty good looking with or without any tattoos. Their oppinions should not matter to you, as long as your happy with it.

I don't have any, nor will I probably ever have any. That's no reason to hate though. Hell my mom got her first at 51, and her second at 55.

Just get another one and post pictures of it to piss them off.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Just curious. Who here has tattoos and is a CEO of a major company, or a senator or a president of a country? A successful lawyer? A well-respected scientist?

If not, WHY not?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's actually a pretty good question. More people in those strata have tattoos than you might think, but you won't see it (them) outside the locker room at the club. They're very discreet. Case in point - George Schultz Sec of State under Reagan, has the Princeton Tiger tattooed on his caboose.

Personally, tattoos aren't my thing. There isn't a single thing I'd want permanently inked anywhere on my body. Different strokes...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/22/2012 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I love tattoos. I have 9 so far. My favourite's are my wife and son's names across my heart, and two little rubber ducks on my hips (facing each other). They are a bit of a joke tat but I love them. I would be covered in tats if I had any money!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I've got a big nintendo tatt on my right shin, almost wraps around the back and eventually will. I don't have many pictures other than on facebook so I'll have to upload some here at some point, I've been meaning to as there was another thread like this one.

Op, nice tatts! All from the same artist?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I love them!
I have a poison dart frog on the top of my right foot.
A witch hat on my left shoulder blade.
The Triple moon symbol with ivy and my sons names on my left lower back, it was actually my first.
My husband and I have a tribal infinity sign on the upper center of our backs. It was his first and he was a baby about it, while I fell asleep during mine.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've got Tattoos...Love them and will keep getting them and I'm also an Executive Officer.

I have an Earnhardt #3 on my left calf. Odie the dog, a panther head on my left pectoral and a Kanji, also on my left but on the top of my foot saying Taekwondo ! Going to get two more in a couple of weeks, getting both my kids name's tattooed on my forearms.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

It was his first and he was a baby about it, while I fell asleep during mine.

Depending on where the tattoo is being done on the body, most of the people who freak out do it to themselves. I tend to think lowly of my tolerance for pain, but it's actually fairly good. A few times during my tattoo my artist, who's a personal friend, would give me a few good jabs to, as he said "make sure I was still there". He wasn't used to someone essentially being completely still and silent the entire time, silent as in no crying or moaning or what not, I'm usually talking to friends, and during a few short sessions, was drinking a beer.

And folks, that wives tale is true, don't get inked drunk. And it has nothing to do with regretting it later. It thins your blood out. I had 2 beer over the session that lasted around 4 hours and by the end we had to stop as I was starting to really bleed. As well, once it was done and the scab was gone, you could see a change in the depth of the color so some touchups were needed.

Ink isn't for everyone, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

My tattoo took a long time, over 20 hours all told but spaced over time. First the outlines were done, and it was almost impossible to tell what the tattoo actually was unless you got up right close. So those first few weeks, I noticed people looking at me funny, maybe even a little put off or scared of me. Once I got the coloring and shading done, people come right up and ask about it, little kids love it, looking for all their favorite characters.

A good tattoo is an icebreaker and my only regret was not doing it sooner.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah, I was told about the drinking, so I never did it.
What I was told and wonder if anyone else was, was that after a couple, your skin "takes" to it better?
All but 1 of my tats have been done by the same fellow. When I went to have the other one done, I was with two people that had never had one, and the artist told me this. I thought it was pretty interesting.

edit on 22-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have a sleeve on my arm that is a giant snake eating a fetus growing on a tree. Behind a little girl picking a flower with a shadow of a man holding an axe behind her about to lop her head off with a large moon looking down over the scene.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I only have one. It's a Mickey Mouse face on my upper right arm. True story. I got it when I was 17. I had my dad sign a permission slip (which incidentally doesn't make it any more legal in the state I was in).

I would love to have more, but I really struggle with something meaningful. The Mickey was just flash from the wall and it doesn't mean anything other than the fact that I got it. I don't even really like Mickey, but I had to pick something.

I think tattoos should be all about the wearer. If you want to get a black and white of a family member, that's up to you, but for me it would never happen.

If I get another one it'll probably be either very meaningful or something stupid pop-culture-ish.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join