It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by MrXYZ

Where's my evidence that humans are not born gay?

Well, id say to that the reproductive systems for 1. We are biologically created to reproduce. 2 men or 2 women cannot reproduce. At our most basic level that's what we are designed for. Its a male/female concept.
I look at it like carbon.

Also, there are species of animals that eat each other, consume their young and physically change sex.

Can we pick and chose what evolutionary aspect of animals we'd like to adopt, or should I be allowed to eat my child and say '' it exists in animals? ''

1) Those 1500 species have males and females too, so your "reproductive systems" argument is clearly nonsense.
2) We kill our own too. What's your point?
3) Yes, there are sexless species...what's your point?

Killing your babies obviously negatively affects others, being gay doesn't. So it's clearly not the same thing.

Any other arguments that are credible?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think I just figured out the problem here.

They are trying to make homosexuality socially acceptable by trying to say it normal. Perhaps in some societies it is.

In my local community, it is not "socially" acceptable. However in certain parts of town heterosexuals are considered abnormal. You can usually tell which part of town you are in by the asses hanging out of butt chaps.
Do they sell butt chaps in Oz?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
This is exactly why Gay Marriage shouldn't be legalized. It continues to lead to other things and destroys the value of a "proper" family.

Yes, gay marriage will kill the traditional family. Lord knows that straight marriages have been doing fine themselves without gay marriage. I mean hey, divorce rates are only what? 50% of all marriages? Infidelity? Straight marriage was on the down probably long before many of us were born, there's no evidence to suggest that gay marriage will do any wrong. if you're theory is that gay marriage will make other straight couples gay... well... hmm I can't say much to convince you otherwise if you actually believe this belony.

I do NOT need schools teaching my children (If i had any) that anything going against my spiritual belief system

Well thank goodness we have religious schools in this country. Parents can send their kids there to learn about their religious values.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

It looks like your local community is the minority in the US...at least according to recent polls

History shows that if the majority deems something socially acceptable, it is bound to become the norm.

Food for thought

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

My point is, that's not US.

Can you tell me of those 1500 species, how many can reproduce from homosexual activity?

Your telling me because homosexuality exists in animals it means humans are 'born' that way.

I'm saying that's a stretch, because they are also born to eat their young (in some cases)

Does this mean im entitled to eat my young? no, id surely be throw in prison. Why? because what the animal kingdom does doesnt mean it exists in our kingdom.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Being against bigotry isn't the same as hatred

When blacks asked for equal rights there were people just like you who made the same exact nonsense "allows us to be racists" statements...
edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Did I tell anyone I wanted you to allow us to be homophobes?

You, by assuming I support homophobes are missing the entire point.

TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO EMBRACE HOMOSEXUALITY CREATES A BACKLASH AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS.
I have homosexual friends. I know a few homophobes as well. Between them I know just enough to know that I can't change either one but it doesn't take much to create a great deal of animosity.
This attempt to police the thoughts and feelings of others does not work.
Labeling anyone who doesn't follow your agenda as a bigot DOES NOT WORK.
It creates a more pointed brand of intolerance.

edit on 21-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
It is faulty because heterosexuality IS the norm.
Do you even know what norm means?

I know what "norm" is, it's a social construct created by society and what they accept at that point of history as "acceptable". It was only 150 years ago that owning a black slave in the South was "normal". It was "normal" for middle aged men to purchase women, young girls, as wives, back in the bible years in the middle east. It's really funny that you throw around the term "normal" as if it's some authoritative word. It's merely a social construct. You do not personally view being gay as normal as much of society does not, but society changes, and so do "norms".

Fact is, neither homosexuality, pedophilia or any other sexual deviation is the norm

Your own personal opinion of homosexualy. Here's alittle fact for you, you don't hold any actual facts, only opinions.

So two consenting adults is one of the requirements needed for a sexuality to be considered normal?

Why not? what two perfectly normal consenting adults do to get their rocks off is their business, it's their taste. Who are you to tell them that they are not normal? Who are you to set the standards on what's "normal" in nature? You're just one mere human being among a sea of diverse humans, billions of em. What you personally define as normal is irrelevant to humanity as a whole.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What special treatment? Not being bullied based on being homosexual? That's like saying blacks shouldn't ask for equal rights...for crying out loud that's retarded
reply to post by MrXYZ

No whats "retarded" is that you actually promoted not being bullied on someones sexuality and race...........

Instead of not being bullied PERIOD......

You just proved my point with the mindset of people and this presumed "equality", then denegrated special needs people by using that word to try and push home your point?

How non bullyish of you , for someone arguing on behalf of teaching tolerance, you seem to have a stunning lack of it
edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Christ! We get it already, there is gay people! STFU about it already, it's really starting to come across less about tolerance and more like some sort of recruitment.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by milkyway12

I do NOT need schools teaching my children (If i had any) that anything going against my spiritual belief system

Well thank goodness we have religious schools in this country. Parents can send their kids there to learn about their religious values.

Quite - and god (sic) forbid that schools should teach children to have anything other than their parents' beliefs.....
edit on 21-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yeah, i love that Ideology. It's already horrid, so lets make it worse. Awesome opinion you have there.

reply to post by Southern Guardian

Makes perfect sense. If parents of gay children or teens want their kids to learn being gay is okay, send them to a private school. Just like the religious, right? The majority is most likely "not" gay. Public schools should protect gays from being bullied, however, if creation cannot be taught in schools, then public schools should have no place in teaching kids being gay is right or wrong.
edit on 21-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

www.lifesitenews.com

Australian school children are to be told that heterosexuality is not the norm, according to a new education department pilot program called “Proud Schools.”

“Heterosexism” is one of the evils that the Proud Schools program is intended to stamp out, along with “homophobia and transphobia,” education officials have said. According to the minutes from the Proud Schools steering committee on March 22, 2011, the program focuses on reversing “the dominance of heterosexism rather than on homophobia.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

That's both ridiculous and absolutely hilarious!

What an absurd proposition.

That's not about tolerance at all!

Whoever approved or authorized the program ought to be fired.

And I love all people, including gays, I'm not homophobic in the least, and if I were a minsiter, I'd marry them for Pete's sake.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

en.wikipedia.org...

I have witnessed bulls trying to "cough Cough" each other many times.

I am by no means gay. But hey whatever makes a person happy, go for broke

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

not quite... i can prove gay people exist but you can't prove creationism is real. There my friend is the difference

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Funny how people who argue for tolerance are the first to tear down anyone who dares to disagree with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

thats because disagreeing with tolerance is intolerable

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fineousstitch

You also cannot prove it is a farce either, so it is a possible reality. A reality that the majority of the world believes in at this current moment in time.

No one is born gay. It has never been proven. You are only gay because of the choice of pleasure you make. If you have gay urges, resist them. There is little scientific evidence supporting WHY you have gay urges other than statistics.

So at the moment, being gay is nothing but pleasure and produces 0 off spring to continue the population, something the government should not be calling as "advancement" of humankind, but it is more of a degeneration of humankind. May i also remind you, gays are directly in conflict with the evolutionary process regardless. So should being gay be a "disorder" in the eyes of scientist? It isn't helping the human race in any way. It is actually counter productive. So, i think, yes, it should be considered a mental disease or disorder by science.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fineousstitch

Wait, wait .... that is your proof? Please use more statistics and hypothesis to support your fact.

Wow, i even googled the gay gene. Just to entertain the idea, guess what?

No "homosexual gene" can be found, new study says. Studies that said that it exists were falsified.

“Regina Griggs has lost all credibility and must resign in shame for her dishonest behavior,” wrote Wayne Besen, executive director of the homosexual advocacy group Truth Wins Out. “What PFOX did was warped, twisted and an insult (sic) real hate crime victims.”

Regardless, awesome "proof" you have there.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If it's a choice please do this for me...

For one year be gay. And I don't mean cringe and think 'this is so gross but I don't wanna be wrong'. I mean be gay. Be attracted to and have relations with men happily. If you do that you'll change everything we know about homosexuality.
I know I couldn't. I was born heterosexual and cannot make myself attracted to the same sex but if you're so sure put your money where your mouth is.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join