It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

What about the kids who are tormented for other issues apart from homophobic?
What about them? Do you really think that no other aspects of bullying are being addressed?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep, its sad, Another person I went to school with blew her head off with a shotgun because of the stress from school work. Do we crakdown on the educational system for allowing that to happen?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No. You do whatever you can to prevent it.
Or you can just say "Eh, it will always happen. Nothing to do about it." www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why sub categorise bullying when the truth is all bullying is wrong? Homophobic, just straight out bullying etc.. Its all the same, why is the homophobic side of it a big issue?

We address that issue, they find another way to terrorise someone...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There are plenty of reasons kids top themselves and I'm sure there are more reasons than being called a homo. I understand the idea, I just think its a dead end... You will not stop kids from being kids and sometimes they are little sh!ts. Its life.
edit on 25-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yes, all bullying is wrong. It all needs to be addressed.
However, in adolescence anything pertaining to sexuality takes on particular significance.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Its all the same, why is the homophobic side of it a big issue?

In this case the agenda is driven by a group of homesexual sympathisers. That is the reason here.

But the concept is in the right direction. Sometimes you need to identify all the parts to a whole to understand how it works.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then it seems it not just something that should be brought up in school... It should echo back to the households and also be addressed there.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I understand the concept but while this issue is being addressed, others aren't. Taking one part and fixing it isn't fixing the problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Oh look some bigotry, and yeah racism and general bigotry IS an issue for you guys. However the fact remains that if you could read yourself you would know this is about bullying. Now wander off I hear a dingo and a baby

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It should echo back to the households and also be addressed there.

Yes. Well, that doesn't seem to be working out so well. And by some of the attitudes seen here it's clear why.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Yeah, I think the South Africans use the same thing on us concerning lamb...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I understand the concept but while this issue is being addressed, others aren't

Are you sure? It seems you really don't know a whole lot about it.
www.deewr.gov.au...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Taking one part and fixing it isn't fixing the problem.

No but at least it is a start.

You can't argue with that.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I find it hard to grasp because a big part of my parenting is to make sure my children do not get caught doing that sort of stuff. The one time it did happen concerning the racial taunt, it was knocked on the head so it would never happen again.

Haven't had to deal with homosexual bullying though. I understand some people are very nasty when it comes to this issue also.. But the sad thing is, people will continue to do it. I can rant and rave, talk sh!t, make sense or none, the truth is there is always going to be someone looking to terrorise a vunerable person. I can't see this issue going away in Australia.

Parenting is a big part of it.. It needs to be addressed by parents to have any chance. Unfortunetly, there are too many f-wits getting around these days and their children follow right behind them.
edit on 25-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

I hear a dingo and a baby

Are there dingo's in Kiwi land?

Must have swum over... eh

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I can't see this issue going away in Australia.

Again. Can't completely solve it so don't do anything.

Unfortunetly, there are too many f-wits getting around these days and their children follow right behind them.
So don't do anything.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Just good hearing mate. Just good hearing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So why are we sub categorising the issue if that is the governments stance? Shouldn't the funding be going to one effort to abolish this? We shouldn't even need a pro-gay movement stepping in.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Homophobic bullying is qualitatively different in its effect. But maybe that's because homosexuals are just "not normal". Maybe it's just their problem. Maybe they just bring it on themselves. Why coddle them? Nothing to do about it. Or maybe the result is genuine angst about their self worth and future.

According to recent gay bullying statistics, gay and lesbian teens are two to three times as more likely to commit teen suicide than other youths.

www.bullyingstatistics.org...

We shouldn't even need a pro-gay movement stepping in.
Pro-gay? That's pretty funny. Up with gays! Up with blacks! Up with nerds! But you're still not paying attention.
www.newstalkzb.co.nz...

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join