It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

How can you educate children that homosexuality is normal?

Forgive me, but you've lost me entirely. You say you have nothing against Homosexuality in an active way, I guess would be the best way to interpret your carefully chosen words on that. Yet..... We don't want to teach the kids it's normal? Ookay. If it's too late to stuff the genie back in the bottle entirely....and it definitely is.....and we can't teach children that within the greater context of society this isn't outright deviant or something to hate...then what ARE they being taught?

If not normal, the alternative is ..what? How this has been officially handled by NOT handling it for decades now has kind of painted much of the Western world into a corner here. Can't ignore it.....and can't be entirely neutral. It's Normal or it's NOT normal....and Not normal will directly victimize real, breathing people immediately.

On this basic point of pretty much forcing a state of basic tolerance as the baseline, I don't see society HAS any choice anymore? Not if we're to BE civilized?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ID like to see what exactly does this proud school programme say they will teach? I can't find anything on it.
There are posts here saying its not teaching them its the " new norm", its just teaching tolerance. Which is it?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
reply to post by SerialVelocity

YOU ARE WRONG

I have never bullied anyone in my life and tolerate gays and treat them equally as human beings, but I do not agree with teaching school children going through PUBERTY that 'HETROSEXISM FEEDS HOMOPHOBIA."

How can you educate children that homsexuality is normal?

I'm wrong it your eyes, not mine and not in the eyes of many of the other people around the world who accept people for who they are and realise that homosexuality is just as normal as heterosexuality. What makes you say it isn't normal by the way? Oh, and thanks for 'tolerating' the gay community, I am sure they appreciate it.

Homsexuality is normal?

How would the human race exist if this was the case? It is not the natural way.

Some people are born gay, they do not make a choice and I appreciate that. I think people have the right to be whatever they are, as long as they consent to it, but children going through puberty should not be told homsexuality is normal and a part of what is normal, because it almost certainly is not.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I know what you can do, replace 'gay' or 'homosexual' in your first thread with another minority, say 'black'. Then see how narrow minded you are and whether or not you would post that kind of thing in a public forum.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have to say that as a heterosexual male I'm always amazed at how scared others seem to be of homosexuals. So the dude next to you is gay? Big f****** whoopsydoo, who give a sh**??? Why on earth would that bother me? It doesn't affect my life, they can't "infect" me or turn me gay. If anything it means less competition for me

And that's exactly what the program addresses, it teaches kid that the gay dude or dudette sitting next to them is EQUAL to them and just as normal as they are...which is a FACT.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by SerialVelocity

YOU ARE WRONG

I have never bullied anyone in my life and tolerate gays and treat them equally as human beings, but I do not agree with teaching school children going through PUBERTY that 'HETROSEXISM FEEDS HOMOPHOBIA."

How can you educate children that homsexuality is normal?

I'm wrong it your eyes, not mine and not in the eyes of many of the other people around the world who accept people for who they are and realise that homosexuality is just as normal as heterosexuality. What makes you say it isn't normal by the way? Oh, and thanks for 'tolerating' the gay community, I am sure they appreciate it.

Homsexuality is normal?

Some people are born gay, they do not make a choice and I appreciate that. I think people have the right to be whatever they are, as long as they consent to it, but children going through puberty should not be told homsexuality is normal and a part of what is normal, because it almost certainly is not.

In other words, you want those kids to think their gay peers are somehow abnormal and weird...which makes you a BIGOT

No wonder you're against a program that teaches tolerance and equal rights

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I wonder how we've managed to survive. Or is homosexuality a recent development?

but children going through puberty should not be told homsexuality is normal and a part of what is normal, because it almost certainly is not.

Why? Because you think that straight children might choose to become homosexual otherwise? It's better for a homosexual child to be taught that they are abnormal? Good plan.
edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I know what you can do, replace 'gay' or 'homosexual' in your first thread with another minority, say 'black'. Then see how narrow minded you are and whether or not you would post that kind of thing in a public forum.

This is not even up for debate.

Homsexuality is NOT normal.

BY STATING THIS FACT, I AM NOT DECLARING I AM HOMOPHOBIC, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT TWO CONSENTING ADULTS DO, but you cannot 'educate' that homosexuality is normal to children whose hormones are already making life very complicated for them.

By all means, educate tolerance but do not declare it is 'normal' because the fact is, it is not normal in any way whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Clearly it IS normal as it's A) not a choice, and B) happening in nature all the time. From a natural perspective it is 100% a normal occurrence.

Not normal would mean it's a disease, and it's clearly not...

You seem to believe this will turn kids gay...which is laughable

edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

BY STATING THIS FACT, I AM NOT DECLARING I AM HOMOPHOBIC, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT TWO CONSENTING ADULTS DO, but you cannot 'educate' that homosexuality is normal to children whose hormones are already making life very complicated for them.

By all means, educate tolerance but do not declare it is 'normal' because the fact is, it is not normal in any way whatsoever.

Ok, first, turn your caps lock off, it doesn't make your argument stronger and is just annoying. Secondly, how can you not be homophobic by stating that being gay is abnormal? That's what you're saying right? Thirdly, it is up for debate because you posted your opinion for the world to see (and judge you for).

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I wonder how we've managed to survive.

but children going through puberty should not be told homsexuality is normal and a part of what is normal, because it almost certainly is not.

Why? Because you think that straight children might choose to become homosexual otherwise? It's better for a homosexual child to be taught that they are abnormal? Good plan.

Well when you consider many kids of 12-15 are maybe unsure about 'who they are' due to puberty, then thisis not the time to be telling them being gay is natural.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Why are they trying to perfect society so much?

A question that has echoed through the centuries ......

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oh for crying out loud, you can't be seriously believing kids can be turned gay

I come from a liberal background, but when I was 13 it wasn't as if I thought to myself "mhhhhh, should I go for dudes or chicks?". Being tolerant versus homosexuals doesn't turn one gay

Seriously, do we still live in the 60s?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I wonder how we've managed to survive.

Well when you consider many kids of 12-15 are maybe unsure about 'who they are' due to puberty, then thisis not the time to be telling them being gay is natural.

Quite the opposite, this is the perfect time to tell them it is natural and what they are feeling is completely normal. It stops the confusion and possible pain years down the line when, due to society and people like you telling them it is something to be ashamed of, they realise they have been living a lie.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
While I'm not in favor of kids being taught the particularities of any sexuality (also because there are many ways to be gay or straight), I'm not sure why kids should be taught that heterosexuality is an absolute norm.

I'm also not sure why kids should be taught that only heterosexuality is good and natural.
Perhaps it's better to stay silent than teach untruths and lies?

Heterosexism taught patriarchy, which included the rape and concubinage of slaves and traditional cultures during colonialism by Christian men.

It taught that the Bible must be taken literally, and that girls can be sold into slavery, or that a rape-victim must marry her rapist.

It taught the world that God is modeled on a violent sexist male tyrant to protect the shenanigans of an old boys' agenda - men who saw themselves reflected in a jealous and unpleasant masculine deity.

Well, if kids are taught sexuality then they must also hear the whole story.

They must hear the full story then of how all fetuses are female at the start (the truly natural state of "man" is "woman"), and how women and gays were censored from history, and how art and literature has only recently reclaimed such artists and authors.

They must hear how patriarchy imposed itself with stonings, and whippings and abuse, and how it would do so again for an imaginary male sky-God.
edit on 21-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ok, first, turn your caps lock off, it doesn't make your argument stronger and is just annoying. Secondly, how can you not be homophobic by stating that being gay is abnormal? That's what you're saying right? Thirdly, it is up for debate because you posted your opinion for the world to see (and judge you for).

Well I can assure you I tolerate gay people and would never dream of treating someone differently because of their sexuality.

But I'm an adult, I'm over puberty and know who I am.

12-15 year olds do not know who they are yet, it is very dangerous policy to teach that age range that homosexuality is natural and normal.

It is clearly not the natural way of life, we exist by mating and reproducing. The human race would die out if it was normal to be homosexual for it would not reproduce. From a scientific POV, it is not natural or normal.

I'm sorry, but that is reality. Teaching children it is normal and natural whilst they go through puberty is wrong IMO.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Again: From a scientific point it's definitely NORMAL as it happens in nature all the time, not just in humans. Since it isn't a choice or disease it HAS to be normal by its very definition

You claiming otherwise is laughable because the evidence doesn't support your claims...

edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, I read some parts of the program and it is clearly saying sexual diversity is to be accepted.

It is telling children that sexuality does not matter, that all are equal.

Take from it what you will-

So you admit you didn't read it, how shocking! Yes how dare all people be treated equally... What a bigoted and hate filled view of the world you have. You are a fascist bigot who wants to push your sick and evil views on the rest of the world, just like Hitler wanted. You also believe in segregation of all races and that slavery is acceptable becasue your bible says so, another disgusting view. You lie(which is a sin to Christians, I guess you missed that part in the bible) about what the program really is. I feel sorry for you, such a dark heart full of anger and hatred. Perhaps if you came to terms with your own sexuality you would not be such an angry bigot.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Mcfrazer because: (no reason given)

You keep contradicting yourself, probably becasue you are so angry and can not think straight. You have already said that you are against teaching tolerance. I quoted it above. You said that homosexuals are not equal to everyone else. You claim it is a fact, then where is your scientific proof of this? Why wont you provide these facts instead of yelling with such hate and anger?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by Wonderer2012

You are disgusting, you "tolerate" gays, that is a large superiority complex you have there.

Also, it has been here since the beginning of time, and is seen in countless species of animal. I assure you, it is perfectly natural and normal, just as heterosexuality is. They are both normal, and this program spreads the message of equality for gays, and reducing homophobia.

The title says that they are trying to make it out that heterosexuality is not the norm, but what the context of the program is, is that BOTH hetero and homosexuality are normal.

Stop twisting things to fit your own opinion. It is sick that you say you have nothing against gays, yet you "tolerate" them much like we "tolerate" pests, and think they are not normal or natural.

It is always a homophobe's opening gambit, much a like a racist would say "i'm not racist BUT..." except you say "i'm not homophobic but..."

Who gives a # what you think? Homosexuality has been around since before religion, was more than likely never frowned upon until religion came into force, and now you justify it not being normal because it's not natural? It's as natural as nature my friend, quit the homophobic rant, and just get on with your life instead of invading other people's bedrooms with your skewed moral compass.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wait a minute..... The OP here started a thread with a zinger of a title..on a topic that almost 100% assured a combat thread from the word GO....and he didn't read the whole thing to be certain for the details first? Oh My....

I'd have to ask what we're debating then? How can we have a debate with the OP on policy, when it seems those debating from the 'audience' may know better what the OP's own material says than he does?

(hops off to get busy elsewhere) Umm... Epic Fa...err..nvm. I don't even need to say it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join