It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMalefactor

There's a way to talk about heterosexuality and homosexuality in a way that's completely independent of preference or what is 'morally' right. Teachers should talk about the biological aspects, the social factors, and promote tolerance. There's no reason to emphasize one over the other.

This is the only way that it could be taught. Holistic and unbiased.

Any other way is pandering to one group or the other group and pandering will create confusion and resentment

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. I would say "Don't go anywhere near Billy." I would then tell the school what my daughter had told me. But what does that have to do with being gay?

It has everything to do with the simple argument of sexual preferences.

You just ostracized Billy's parents and Billy, and made them seem evil to your daughter and the school, because you do not see it as "normal", or "moral".

(I have to add that I would be right with you on keeping Billy as far as away from daughter as possible)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You just ostracized Billy's parents and Billy, and made them seem evil to your daughter and the school, because you do not see it as "normal", or "moral".
No. I would say the same thing if she said "Dad, the other girls say Billy is really good in bed." I have a real problem with my daughter engaging in any sexual activity at all. I have no problem with anything consenting adults do.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There's no reason to emphasize one over the other.
Then we agree. The point is children are being taught that there should be no stigma attached to homosexuality. Some people seem to have a problem with that.

But what you said before seems to contradict what you just said.

Stating that heterosexuality and homosexuality are each equally valid will almost certainly encourage youths who have thought about bisexuality to act on the idea,

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

My point was if a teacher ever goes so far as to say homosexuality is "normal" rather than "natural" the statement is inaccurate and bordering on moral proselytizing. It's "natural" however it isn't "normal" in the statistical sense. If a person is homosexual there is no reason they shouldn't be able to adopt, use medical science to have a child in other more creative ways, and so on and so forth. I simply prefer education to remain focused on facts. The second it steps in to comment about why either is good is the second we start entertaining ideas in children's heads--like the example you quoted. That's not the business of a school. Just the same as I would be livid if a school teacher started telling my boys there is only one right religion. Talk about it in a historical context, talk about religion in terms of how it affects our society, but don't place a moral emphasis on why one is better. Just the facts thank you. Teachers have no right to put any ideas, even subtley, into a kids head about how they should lead their private life.
edit on 21-10-2012 by TheMalefactor because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I want to know when we are going to let Children be Children. As a Teacher I have taught sex education and I adhere to the lessons that are prepared however I do drum into the Students - health - sexually transmitted diseases are out there and they have to know.

When I went to school - many moons ago - there was no need to 'teach' Children about differences. At least where I went to school we just got along. I do not recall anyone giving anyone a difficult time because they were different - skin colour - religion - sexuality.

When sex started to be more evident in television and advertising and music and just about everywhere - that is when sexuality became a problem. The problem being it is in the face of every Child way before they are ready to learn about their sexuality.

When I have taught sex education I always state to the Students - I am not supposed to speak about my personal beliefs and I won't but I just want to say one thing - Don't be in a hurry. Teaching Children about what is normal and what is not normal - why can't we just let Children have a childhood? Children don't come into the world with prejudices - they learn prejudice from their environment.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
im australian and i agree with the article.

that is all

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

Except for the minor little detail that this is simply NOT TRUE.

Yes, there is a program in schools to reduce bullying of homosexuals, but if anyone actually paid attention to details in the story, the Education minister is *NOT* going to impliment the suggestions of that steering comittee.

Mr Piccoli defended the Proud Schools pilot currently running in 12 state schools.
But he said the steering committee material "will not be approved by the Department of Education for use in NSW classrooms".

Sensationalist headline is a lie.
But it got a lot of people to click on lifesitenews.com, and thats probably all that matters to them.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No. I would say the same thing if she said "Dad, the other girls say Billy is really good in bed." I have a real problem with my daughter engaging in any sexual activity at all. I have no problem with anything consenting adults do.

Then you would have a problem with your son engaging in sexual activity as well..even if it was with other boys I would assume.

Ok..How about when they get to be adults ? Can you honestly tell me that you it would not bother you if you knew your daughter was getting involved in S&M type sex, and told you that her new boyfriend really enjoys it, and lots of people do it..and so she is learning to enjoy it. Curious as to what you would say to her ?

After all it is just another "sexual preference" between two consenting adults, and some consider it more "moral" than homosexuality...which I personally find a tad bizarre.

edit on 21-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Thank you for your post - you summed it up beautifully. The cabal/illuminati/whatever who control education among many other aspects on this planet - want confusion and tension and chaos. You are spot on and as long as people can see this - we have every chance to stem the confusion by not tolerating what is pushed onto the Children.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

My point was if a teacher ever goes so far as to say homosexuality is "normal" rather than "natural" the statement is inaccurate and bordering on moral proselytizing. It's "natural" however it isn't "normal" in the statistical sense.
If it were a matter of statistics I would agree with you and so would anyone else. It's not difficult for children to understand that that some people are different from most others.

Just the same as I would be livid if a school teacher started telling my boys there is only one right religion.
Right.

but don't place a moral emphasis on why one is better.
Right. What is the problem with children being told that gays aren't to be subjected to different treatment because they are gay. That is what the program is about.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

People need to quit thinking about sex so much in general. It turns into quite a bore. People please just learn how to masturbate, stop spreading STD's and having so many damn kids. We need Anti - Sex Education. What you do with your wee wee shouldn't have anything to do with your identity as a person. There's more to life than sex. But what do I know? I'm just an ape in a space helmet. Not like I get laid anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You say you "know" gay people.... but are they your friends?

Gay people have been around as long as straight people have.
They are normal and natural... but they are not "the norm.".. there is a difference.

The gay agenda has to end... by us all not caring if people are gay or not and everyone having the same rights.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Then you would have a problem with your son engaging in sexual activity as well..even if it was with other boys I would assume.
I don't have a son but I would not want him having sex as a child.

Can you honestly tell me that you it would not bother you if you knew your daughter was getting involved in S&M type sex, and told you that her new boyfriend really enjoys it, and lots of people do it..and so she is learning to enjoy it. Curious as to what you would say to her ?
I really wouldn't care. I would wonder why on Earth she would tell me about it but it would be no concern of mine as long as she was fully consenting. And, no, I am not into it.

After all it is just another "sexual preference" between two consenting adults
Yes, it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

This is the only way that it could be taught. Holistic and unbiased.

You mean, impersonally.

I find it odd when humans take sexuality to be a 'morality free' zone. Everything else can be a subject of moral scrutiny, except sexuality.

Underlying the idea of a censure of homosexuality is the assumption that there is some divine intentionality behind the patterns we perceive in nature. That complementarity is important in this functioning; that male and female make up the two aspects of this process. A recognition of this dynamic would then require a human response to conform with it. It's no surprise that Judaism, the only religion which ascribes metaphysical significance to the human personality, would be the only religion that really emphasized the human obligation to respond to natures injunction.

On the other end, in pagan, monistic religions, there's an inherent toleration of anything (in principle) because one, sexuality is the most powerful force a human being can experience, and two, people are easily corrupted. It is easy to 'rationalize' and 'harmonize' any aberrant sexual proclivity with a monistic philosophy. When this world - and it's dynamics, which imply a moral standard - is mere illusion, how easily homosexuality becomes 'just' another preference. Everything is reduced. Reductio ad Absurdum. We see this same approach with the evolutionary biologists, and evolutionary psychologists, who just love reducing human beings to the most impersonal, anti-human level of being.

Any other way is pandering to one group or the other group and pandering will create confusion and resentment

It's already creating confusion and resentment; confusion in the people being told there is no natural 'preference' in nature towards heterosexuality, and resentment from those people who cannot believe what they're hearing.

And people wonder why elites are planning future wars. It's to get rid of people like myself.
Jews, Christians, or Muslims, "infected" with the anthroporphic bug of attributing human tendencies to God (as if human tendencies weren't themselves 'natural')

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right. What is the problem with children being told that gays aren't to be subjected to different treatment because they are gay. That is what the program is about.

I never said anything contrary to this. That's why earlier I wrote,

Refer back to the previous post and reread the following paragraph ten or so times till it sinks in:

'Halfoldman has the right of it. "I'm also not sure why kids should be taught that only heterosexuality is good and natural. Perhaps it's better to stay silent than teach untruths and lies?"'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you're too used to having to fight with people on ATS.

edit on 21-10-2012 by TheMalefactor because: missed a letter

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

What you do with your life is not my concern, i can ask you to change, and that is it. However, once you begin attacking the beliefs i am teaching my children ( that have been taught in tradition and is culturally accepted .. or was) you are declaring war on my beliefs and traditions to change for the " New Age".
edit on 21-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

So its ok for you to attack people beliefs but not OK for others to simply have different beliefs...

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
so they want to be equal but with special treatment huh?

Why does that not sound equal to me........

equal is equal...................I think all people should be treated equal.......but i dont subscribe to agenda driven crap....
edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Only to a bigot is wanting to be treated like a human "special treatment". Just like black people not wanting to be lynched is "special treatment"

Originally posted by Nite_wing
In my local community, it is not "socially" acceptable. However in certain parts of town heterosexuals are considered abnormal. You can usually tell which part of town you are in by the asses hanging out of butt chaps.
Do they sell butt chaps in Oz?

Is your local community 1930's Germany?

Originally posted by milkyway12
Public schools should protect gays from being bullied, however, if creation cannot be taught in schools, then public schools should have no place in teaching kids being gay is right or wrong.
edit on 21-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Fairy tales should not be taught in schools, facts of life should.

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I have been thinking about this topic for a couple of hours now.
I think I am tired of being tolerant of all sorts of behavior.
I am tired of not being able to speak my mind without being called a bigot, racist, homophobe and many other things.

Hitler claimed he was not a bigot either, just loved his country...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It would be interesting to me to see what the make up of the panel that came up with this amazing idea was. Then, see if their concepts matched those of the general public. But, as always, a small group of people will dictate what the majority want. By my observations over 60+ years (but the first few of those wouldn't be worth much) is the change from kids at least getting a solid knowledge base (including the much needed competition that comes with external exams) upon which they can build once they make up their minds what path they want to persue, to the education provided today here in Oz where homework and any useful form of testing is missing. Sure my comments are only marginally on the topic, but maybe, just maybe they are related to the idea of what is "normal". Sheesh, graduates that can't teach telling teachers what to teach. imo the nutters are running the nut house

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Most of you are retarded. You all say that there is nothing wrong with teaching young kids that Homosexuality is normal, but i guarantee that if it was happening in your children's programs, you would scream and yell about it.

While homosexuality is normal (in some people), it is, for the majority, not normal at all. Animals are meant to reproduce in order to keep the species alive. They can't do this if they are homosexual. In this essence, homosexuality is not normal.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Children learn, and develop by what they see around them, and it is the right of the parents to some extent, to guide their children as they see fit.
It is ok for kids to learn from other kids that gays are abnormal and it's ok to ostracize them because of it? As someone pointed out, most kids learn more about sexuality from their peers than they do from any other source.

So your justifying destroying heterosexual culture to make a bunch of homosexuals feel better about themselves? This is why tolerance is the dumbest thing a culture can do and the reason why homosexuality has always been persecuted in Germanic Cultures(The Romans and Ancient Greeks are extinct, the Germanic peoples who wiped them out merely robbed their graves; after a culture goes through a gay phase it never really recovers).

Once you show one bit of sympathy or tolerance towards homosexuals they will try and establish their right to rape heterosexuals physically, mentally or spiritually. They did it in Sparta, they did it in the Churches, they will do it again. In another generation or two heterosexuals will face persecution because they don't want to be involved in a homosexual relationship.

I know some might laugh at this statement, but look at what gay activists have done. First it was "people should mind their own business about what goes on in the bedroom", to "we demand the right to marry", and then on to "we demand to be able to brainwash your kids into thinking homosexuality is OK". What is next? Make it a hate crime to turn down a homosexuals advances?

They will not stop, and there can never be room for accommodations, coexistence or understanding. They are parasites who feed off of heterosexual society, and like all parasites they need to be cast off.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join