It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drone CAM was watching Benghazi attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hey the MSM and Democrat party say this is a non-story, so lets just forget about it ok?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes there were protests earlier in the day, that turned out not to have anything to do with the terrorist attack. Initial intelligence said they were related but they weren't.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Have you ever stopped and asked yourself what right do they have to fire missiles at people in their own country?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You know, the NY Post ain't a lot more credible than Mr. 9-9-9 Pizza man with the love-sausage special.

So tell us: what assets beside the nearby CIA house and the pro-US militants that came to the rescue were there in the immediate vicinity? And as the article even says, the drone only got there in the last hour of the attack. Did you want them to call in an air strike or a cruise missile on the consulate? Or do you know for a fact that there were US troops less than an hour away, who were not sent? If not, why make a big deal out of this? Oh yeah -- because you are desperate for Romney to have a chance to win this election.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Hey the MSM and Democrat party say this is a non-story, so lets just forget about it ok?

First, there is no "Democrat" party, you maroon. Second, please cite any claims by the MSM media or spokespeople for the Democratic party that have said this story is a non-issue.

The problem us non-Obama-haters have is that folks like yourself are blowing this incident out of proportion, and making big claims about conspiracies and how the Administration said something early on and then changed its tune, when the fact of the matter is the information the State Dept. and the WH were getting was changing.

Remember the supposed Iraqi WMD's that the Bush II administration claim existed, and used as a pretense/excuse to launch a war against Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and killing thousands of US service personnel and wounding and maiming thousands more? Did you complain about this at the time? If not, you have no right to make a big deal out of this incident, which was small (microscopic, actually) potatoes in comparison -- unless you live for political double standards.
edit on 22-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
One other thing to think about...

If they knew it was an all out attack why wasn't the Marines on the ground that SAME day to secure the embassy?

A team of FBI agents arrived in Benghazi, Libya, to investigate the assault against the U.S. Consulate and left after about 12 hours on the ground as the hunt for those possibly connected to the attack that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans narrowed to one or two people in an extremist group, U.S. officials said Thursday.

Agents arrived in Benghazi before dawn on Thursday and departed after sunset, after weeks of waiting for access to the crime scene to investigate the Sept. 11 attack. …

This alone shows that they have been lying their asses off, or even worst, totally inept...

Either way they failed in a BIG way....

edit on 22-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Well, as you don't even know that it was a consulate -- not an embassy -- even when you are responding to posts hat use the correct term, why should anybody bother to take anything you have to say seriousl?

But as to your question, perhaps there were no marines or other US forces around besides the CIA assets and pro-US militia that did go to the consulate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Without watching the footage ourselves, it's impossible to know what the drone saw.

Either way, I don't think it would have been a good idea to fire missiles at a large group of people gathered outside an embassy in a foreign country

They don't need to fire missiles. Considering the military presence in that area, we could have mobilized a unit. Why are you left wing nut jobs so nit-picky? Either way, you will defend this president and his incompetence until he out of office, in which there will be rioting everywhere on American soil, then follow it with an election scandal.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
But as to your question, perhaps there were no marines or other US forces around besides the CIA assets and pro-US militia that did go to the consulate.

There are 20k within 12 hours of there.... 10 days... and it was the FBI that went in...lol

Don't defend the administration...if it was Bush you and others would be screaming your heads off...hehe

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If the White House is "hands on" with embassy security then the US should remedy the situation at once and elect two presidents. One to run the government and one to run embassy security.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I see it's ok to SPECULATE WILDLY,
if it's about an alleged Obama scandal.

How many people between the kid flying the drone
in a trailer in Nevada and the President ?
Did you think Obama has drone # 4057 pulled up
on his iPhone? And was like" Ooh we are gonna get
these guys who are my friends that I sent to Libya."
"Destabilizing the ME is great for my campaign."

I'd like to speculate too.
Maybe this was a Contractor controlled drone.
watching a possible Contractor false flag
attack on the Embassy.
Black Water? Xe .
I'm so curious as to how this will shake down.
I think it'll lead to a billionaire whose dead set
on wrecking the world if it looks like Obama is ahead in the poles.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

You would sound more educated if you had watched the video I posted. But, you have your mind made up, so it would be a waste of you time, I'd assume....

Guess you think it's fine and dandy to be lied to like we're kids in kindergarten.......

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you see the part where is says it was there for the final hours. Not at the begining when possibly help could have been summoned but in the final hours when most of what took place had already taken place ? You fail to emphazise that very important little piece of information. It was there in the final hours. I think I'll wait for the details to be presented on the news tonight if this is even true in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah and everyone in that room gets an academy award then. Obama haters will believe just about anything wont they? How many people are sitting in that room ? And all of them agreed to pretend to be seeing something on a TV screen? Plus they all managed to put on really serious faces for the photo op too. Let me get the routing numbers from your checking account, I have a really nice bridge I know you will be interested in purchasing. Said bridge can be transported to fantasy land any time you're ready for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Finally someone from the right says something smart. Yippy.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

No one can expect the President of the United States to be personally involved in drone operations across far flung nations on daily matters. To even suggest it, I'd agree, would be utterly absurd.

This was anything but routine. It's been 30+ years since our nation has had a facility like this over-run and I can't offhand recall the last time, since Vietnam, we had a position of this nature over-run and everyone there when they took it, killed as they were found. Thankfully most had gotten out of the Consulate when the place fell entirely, but the Ambassador died there, and that is about as routine as 9/11.

Under international law...in fact....this is SO serious an event, it's considered a legitimate act of War. I don't suggest we go start a new war. That's not the point......but suggesting that Obama couldn't be expected to take VERY personal interest in an event he was a in college (1979) to see the last time it happened is just cop-out.

If the President...ANY President...can't interrupt his OH so busy schedule to personally attend to the destruction of a Diplomatic Mission and the murder of it's officials....then what precisely IS a President elected to DO??
edit on 22-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Swills

Yeah and everyone in that room gets an academy award then. Obama haters will believe just about anything wont they? How many people are sitting in that room ? And all of them agreed to pretend to be seeing something on a TV screen? Plus they all managed to put on really serious faces for the photo op too. Let me get the routing numbers from your checking account, I have a really nice bridge I know you will be interested in purchasing. Said bridge can be transported to fantasy land any time you're ready for it.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true.

They all should win an academy award? You do know what they give those awards out for right? It's not for pictures but rather moving pictures. Do you know how easy it is to take something like a picture out of context?

And finally, to actually believe these people, you know The Gov't, is absurd. To believe them, who are proven LIARS, over the actual SEAL who was literally boots on the ground is ABSURD.

I don't just hate on Obama, I HATE on ALL of WASHINGTON DC.

CIA Director: There Was No Live Video of OBL Raid

www.theblaze.com...

Posted on May 4, 2011

Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There is a thing called political protocol. You just don't march into a country and settle a score. Just because a drone was in the area doesn't mean firing into a crowd of people would be justified, let alone alerting our military to march in to settle the score.

It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback after something like this. What if we did this, or that, can be said about a lot of incidents including 9/11. Some people would rather rush in guns blazing and worry about the consequences and political fall out later. I'm not a fan of Obama, but I would rather have someone who didn't shoot at the hip every time a national incident arises. Even George Bush waited 3 weeks before sending our troops into Afghanistan after an attack on our soil! The outrage on that decision and the 7 minutes he waited before leaving the classroom could also be applied here.

Our foreign policy has caused us to be targets. I'm sure it won't be the last.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by jude11

Do you see the part where is says it was there for the final hours. Not at the begining when possibly help could have been summoned but in the final hours when most of what took place had already taken place ? You fail to emphazise that very important little piece of information. It was there in the final hours. I think I'll wait for the details to be presented on the news tonight if this is even true in the first place.

You're gonna sit and watch the NEWS to see if this is true?

What exactly don't you believe? List them all and I'll find the truth for you.

Seriously, post your concerns.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

Next time post OUTSIDE of the quote.

And yes I read it somewhere on this thing called the internet. Do I remember exactly what webpage on what day I read this on? Nope, but I do recall the source, the USN SEAL who just wrote a book about the OBL raid. So instead of the name calling maybe you can do some googling or perhaps read a book?

CIA Director: There Was No Live Video of OBL Raid

www.theblaze.com...

Posted on May 4, 2011

Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by jude11

What an amazing hypocrite.

Bush lied about WMD and got the United States involved in Iraq with over 2000 US service members having died and estimates saying over 500,000 Iraqis have died. Not to mention the rendition program.. stellar wind (domestic spying program) and torture as well as the money that was "missing from the Pentagon" they announced on Sept 10th 2001. But you are gonna be indignant about 4 people in Libya. As far as I and many people are concerned the Neocons in the last administration have a lot to answer to. War crimes specifically. It amazes me how hypocritical Republicans are and how short their memories are. Where is the outrage about what happened? Oh right.. there is none. Way to be consistent people. I suppose what amazes me the most is you bought into the Iraq lie and were played like a fiddle but your not upset you got manipulated.
edit on 22-10-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

Please do yourself a favor and go back into my posts here before posting anything else.

You are so far off base on what I am referring to that it's actually embarrassing...for
you.

I have a feeling that you read a few words and just jumped at the chance to respond.

Peace

BTW, Not Republican. I'm Canadian and couldn't give a $#it about your labels as it doesn't matter anyways. Don't you get it yet?

Also, you really haven't done your homework on me to judge my stance on Iraq or any other ILLEGAL occupation that YOUR Country has initiated.

If you did your research you'd realize that I am more outspoken about those atrocities on these boards than you seem to be but you just magically appear from 2004 to insult, label and criticize what you so clearly don't understand.

I just wasted my time...Damn!

edit on 22-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join