It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drone CAM was watching Benghazi attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I found the 2 special report vids combined into one on utube...it's posted above your head. Let me know your opinion after you have viewed it.....it is very detailed and mind blowing.

I'm re-posting Special Report Investigative Video again in this post, since it's at the top of a new page...arrrggghhh....

Special Report investigates: DEATH AND DECEIT IN BENGHAZI w/Bret Baier 10/19/2012

Thanks Sweet Pea...

Des
edit on 21-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was listening to a am radio talk show about a month ago ( at work) here is Canada and they were talking how it was a planned al qaeda member from a prisoner from guantanamo bay released to the Libyan government flaming the american government on the lies they were perpetuating weeks later the msm in america made their shocking report about what more or less really happened .

Still none of it makes any sense why would the Americans hand this guy over to the Libyans was it all pre planned did this diplomat know something that made him a liability .

My first Impression when the incident happened was the American government wanted they guy off'ed . With them watching the attack with drones more or less seems more plausible

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Over the years, I have heard many stories of someone higher up in the chain of command getting some crucial information, and either doing nothing until it was too late, or flat out denying aid requests. These were military people, not civilians. I wouldn't be surprised to find something like that happened here too, and that was why the reaction force was so late arriving.

Generals have become political creatures, and have stopped becoming warriors by the time they reach that exalted rank. The more political ones (some remember where they came from, and are damn good at their job) look at how it will affect them first, then make a decision. Sometimes it's what they think the White House wants, other times, if they deny a request, it's because they think it will make them look bad. It's disgusting how political the military has become in the higher ranks.
edit on 10/21/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
here I found his tv show clip where he touches on the subject i was referring to above post .. just to back up what i was saying

This was posted sept 15 on youtube

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

first, do you want obama to launch a drone strike and blow the entire embassy.

how that look, "obama kills four diplomats".

assets? there are no nearby assets in libya. unless they are clandestine c.i.a agents.

hardly equipped to take on 400 armed protesters.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

first, do you want obama to launch a drone strike and blow the entire embassy.

assets? there are no nearby assets in libya. unless they are clandestine c.i.a agents.

hardly equipped to take on 400 armed protesters.

A...there were no protesters. No protest going on. That has already been acknowledged by this Administration, albeit several weeks after the fact, under pressure to change their story again. It was a terrorist attack. IDK where you got there was a protest going on....unless you are still buying the original lie told to us.

Des

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So, this kinda puts to bed the whole story that the WH didn't know squat about the attack on our US Consulate that resulted in the death of Stevens and 3 other Americans in Benghazi.

Am I the only one who is getting angrier, the more this story comes out.....

Nope..... the more I hear about this the more I'm not surprised. This administration has been a total failure on Foreign Policies and this one takes the cake!!!!!
["angry" is too polite for describing the way I feel....]

Of course their track record is to play the "blame game".
[remember they arrested the guy who made the video that was originally blamed for all this?]

Obummer has made our country look weak and our enemies no longer fear us I'm afraid.

Now the Pres.of Iran is taking more interest in our deficit than our own pres. is ....questioning our power.
Which in turn makes other countries doubt our superiority and credibility.

Talk about a new top national security threat......

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
One other thing to think about...

If they knew it was an all out attack why wasn't the Marines on the ground that SAME day to secure the embassy?

A team of FBI agents arrived in Benghazi, Libya, to investigate the assault against the U.S. Consulate and left after about 12 hours on the ground as the hunt for those possibly connected to the attack that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans narrowed to one or two people in an extremist group, U.S. officials said Thursday.

Agents arrived in Benghazi before dawn on Thursday and departed after sunset, after weeks of waiting for access to the crime scene to investigate the Sept. 11 attack. …

This alone shows that they have been lying their asses off, or even worst, totally inept...

Either way they failed in a BIG way....

edit on 22-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I agree.

I remember reading some where they didn't even see the footage that night because the SEALs weren't broadcasting, or something like that. Bottom line is, that pic is BS. I think this info came out with that recent book by the SEAL who shot OBL.

Navy SEAL Author Rejects the Pentagon's Legal Threat

[/quote

You can't remember where you read it, but because you read it somewhere, I'm supposed to believe it's true? The sad thing is many on here are so simple minded and gullible they will now spread this all over whether it's true or not.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

100% agreed, I can't be the only one that can look at Obama, and can just TELL that he doesn't give a crap for this country one bit, anything can happen, and he will never do anything, will never have a plan of action, will never defend this country, America is constantly insulted by other worlds, and he just sits there with a grin saying nothing. America used to be much more, now its a laughing stalk. This crazy moron needs to get out of the white house.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You can have all the guns, troops and other weapons systems .....However if the operators don't have the authority or balls to react all you have is a device collecting intel at least we know what happen on the ground.
Need to review where the system broke down fix it so it don't ever happen again. Sounds like some people will be getting fired unless they were contractor's from Halaburton. If that is the case you have some bonus' for saving the cost hellfire missles that were no used. in that case we have a cost savings

edit on 22-10-2012 by ZED332L because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
To me the idea of a protest gone wrong was probably a better option to those who
think they still control all the worlds media than the fact that another attack on the
date of 9-11 was carried out, there could be a heck of a lot more to the story then
we even know honestly.

now as to the point about an inadequate response, well i cant say that i disagree here,
i for one have see the military deploy a large force in person, i was in Honduras in a
little town called Trujillo when the us sent a force there to ensure elections in
Nicaragua, while you cant compare the two equally obviously what im trying to
point out here is that i know we have assets near that theater of operation, and
having seen how quickly boots can be on ground in a non emergency situation
i have to wonder where this one all went wrong, it could have been from the top or
any number of places in the chain of command.

having said that i should also point out that as soon as the president got word this
was happening he should have responded with immediate and single minded
thought process, get our people to safety and ensure that the enemy pays a price
for attacking the compound. we cannot ask our ambassadors to go into other countries
and put their lives on the line without at the very least giving them our all to ensure
their safety, we owe them that. having been in situations involving a US consulate
where civil unrest came into play i can testify how utterly terrifying it is to be there
first hand and know your brothers and sisters from home are too far to help.

The US military while i do believe it has been miss used by those seeking to
further their own agenda is a heavenly sight when your in the thick of it. to speak
about a situation like this one without first hand knowledge of the utter sense of
how far you are from safety is a bit of an insult, we take for granted in the US that
we are safe most days and can go to a police station if we are desperate enough
for protection from a dangerous person, where as in another country that isnt
always an option at all, when someone hates you because your simply alive and
in their country you can not reason with them most of the time.

well im rambling and have gotten off the OP topic, in summary here more could and
should have been done, we must protect those who work in other countries to
promote peace, even if it means sacrificing looking good politically, honestly if
obama had reacted rapidly things may not have ended any different but at the
very least the families of those affected could take some solace in knowing
their family members were priority number 1 at that time and we as a nation did
all we could to bring them home and punish those who committed this crime.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for reply, though only the first sentence was directed to you.

My thoughts are that the time between a drone pilot noticing an incident like this, and the commander in chief hearing of it will always not be instantaneous - It has to go through many echelons - So calling out the administration for lack of any initial, effective response is not necessarily warranted.

Why, there just so happened to be, one of our drones over that area at the time in the first place? If this attack wasn't anticipated, even if in a recently unstable region, that part of this seems a little... Coincidental to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Thank you so much for your first hand perspective, on this whole mess. It really brings it home, reading what you wrote, your boots-on-the-ground experience in similar situations. I'm glad you posted this so others can see, we should have done something...something should have been done. Instead all that happened was 4 Brave Americans died a horrible death, in fear, and we got a pack of lies to cover it up. And a whole bunch of us Americans back here, at home, feel awful that our Country let them down so very badly. I feel guilty my Country failed them. I shouldn't have to feel guilt for my own Country...

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZED332L
reply to post by jude11

You can have all the guns, troops and other weapons systems .....However if the operators don't have the authority or balls to react all you have is a device collecting intel at least we know what happen on the ground.
Need to review where the system broke down fix it so it don't ever happen again. Sounds like some people will be getting fired unless they were contractor's from Halaburton. If that is the case you have some bonus' for saving the cost hellfire missles that were no used. in that case we have a cost savings

Hey, I just want to say well put on that and it really is just as simple as you say.

It's not partisan because if Obama wins I'll still want answers and accountability for this. In fact, because we'll have the same bureaucrats at the top few levels of the major agencies that may have been involved with this going as badly as it did, I'll want a full investigation even MORE and with more urgency if he DOES win. I hope he isn't figuring this will go away by the election passing. we still lost a United States facility to being totally over-ruin. Wow.. That does need an investigation, however much some in Washington feel put out by a little thing like process. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well, technically Obama did kill them. I don't want to hear any excuse he didn't know how rough the situation over there was. We just got done ..imo....illegally bombing out Ghadaffi and his regime and knowing that Al-Queida has been very active there, all requests for more security/military support for the embassy would be a priority to Hillary and Obama, all leading up to 9/11 on top of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Rofl, right, let's blow up our own embassy! That'll show those terrorists!

Come on... 4 lives were lost, would anyone rather it be 40? American exceptionalism only goes so far; life is life. For whatever reason, it's justified for us to slaughter thousands of civilians, but we can't handle the slightest taste of blowback.

Reality check: when you senselessly obliterate entire villages of civilians to "maybe" kill one or two targets you end up pissing off a lot of people. Those people whose families you've slaughtered vow to get revenge, like any sane human would.

I often wonder why it is that countries who don't meddle in Middle Eastern issues don't suffer from "terror threats." Oh wait, that's right! Common sense prevails! The sooner we leave the graveyard of empires the sooner that the people defending their homes whom we mislabel "Islamic terrorists" will cease to exist.

On a final note, if you had blown up a crowd of rioting people, the repercussions could be huge; you might have saved the lives of a few Americans, but you would be senselessly murdering dozens of people who, prior to actually killing Americans, had done nothing to deserve death. If that story had gotten out we'd be in a major international s***storm.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara

well im rambling and have gotten off the OP topic, in summary here more could and
should have been done, we must protect those who work in other countries to
promote peace, even if it means sacrificing looking good politically, honestly if
obama had reacted rapidly things may not have ended any different but at the
very least the families of those affected could take some solace in knowing
their family members were priority number 1 at that time and we as a nation did
all we could to bring them home and punish those who committed this crime.

How twisted is it that we'd consider killing dozens of people the right thing to do politically? While I agree that Obama could and should have done more, he's not entirely to blame. The whole plot seems like a Republican set-up; if I recall correctly, Republicans pulled the security forces from the embassy leaving it vulnerable to attack. Had the embassy been better guarded, an attack could have been thwarted; it was not. However, this doesn't mean that a preemptive drone strike would have been a feasible option. In terms of numbers, better 4 dead than 40; race and nationality aside, we're all people.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

So if put in the same situation you would simply lay down a die? would you want help?
i suppose you would stand bravely at the muzzle of that AK and die for the actions of others?
this isn't about blowing up the entire area, its about why with FAST action teams and
the modern military communications more wasn't done with troops in a more timely
manner.

i can tell you flat out that having been there myself, i sure as hell didn't think anything
of the problems the US gov had with the gov of Nicaragua at the time, also i had
no blood on my hands from that situation either, i was doing charity work, with dentists
and doctors, free medical care. i was a translator for these people who gave and
expected nothing in return and did not receive anything in return.

but do you honestly think those who will harm others over their political views or
some sense of revenge are justified simply because others made poor choices?
its always wrong to murder people, no matter who is doing it. if we cannot stand
up against that then why even bother? i don't support war mongering but i sure
as H E double Hokey sticks don't support allowing U.S. ambassadors being murdered
because of something someone else did.

most ambassadors are innocent people working hard to keep relations with the
countries they are assigned to peaceful. it sickens me to see someone saying this
could somehow be OK because of other issues with a country. does that mean
that since say the EU has also been involved in some of these wars i could
mosey on down to any of their embassy's and just kill some workers?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What an amazing hypocrite.

Bush lied about WMD and got the United States involved in Iraq with over 2000 US service members having died and estimates saying over 500,000 Iraqis have died. Not to mention the rendition program.. stellar wind (domestic spying program) and torture as well as the money that was "missing from the Pentagon" they announced on Sept 10th 2001. But you are gonna be indignant about 4 people in Libya. As far as I and many people are concerned the Neocons in the last administration have a lot to answer to. War crimes specifically. It amazes me how hypocritical Republicans are and how short their memories are. Where is the outrage about what happened? Oh right.. there is none. Way to be consistent people. I suppose what amazes me the most is you bought into the Iraq lie and were played like a fiddle but your not upset you got manipulated.
edit on 22-10-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join