It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You shouldn't take medicine for mental illness"...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
I'm not sure how relevant this will be to you but another user brought this to my attention in a thread I goofed up, it talks about niacin being used to treat schizophrenia, and how high doses of vitamin B3 can be sued to treat mental disorders. Much better than taking some of those anti-psychotics that cause more problems, it's at least worth checking out.

The link posted by Komonazmuk about niacin and schizophrenia looked VERY interesting, why only one star?

What about the people that had a little bit of niacin, but didn't get better? ... He started giving what at the time were preposterously high doses of niacin: 3,000 milligrams a day. And he was curing schizophrenia in 80 percent of the cases.

This is astonishing. The cure rate for schizophrenia with drug therapy is not particularly good. Dr. Hoffer saw again and again that niacin worked. Then he studied it, did the placebo-controlled, double-blind test, and started writing paper after paper on this. At that point, the American Psychiatric Association literally blacklisted him."

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of just how prevalent the anti-psychiatry movement is today.

The thing is, there is so much disinformation on either side, I myself am not sure what to believe. As someone who suffers with acute anxiety, this may be expected haha.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this website - www.truthofpsychosis.com

I'm not a christian or anything, but this guy if you read over the tabs on the right about his tale seems to have been screwed over by the medicine. I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on this website or this man's views, as I find it to be a prime example of how malpractice can skew a person's views on a field as a whole, which in turn leads to anti psychiatry "you don't need meds" sentiments like what the OP is talking about
edit on 11-12-2012 by Polaris91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join