It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Shooting at Wisconsin spa; 7 injured (Live Coverage)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Live Coverage:

www.wesh.com...

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Four people are in an emergency room, and another three are on their way, said Beth Strohbusch of Froedtert Hospital in nearby Milwaukee. CNN affiliate WTMJ says the Waukesha Sheriff's Department confirmed there was a shooting, and that witnesses say it was either at or near the Azana Salon and Spa, which is across the road from Brookfield Square Mall.

No reports on death yet:
www.usatoday.com...

news.xin.msn.com...

Police told reporters they were looking for a black male who may be driving a black Mazda as a suspect in the midday shooting in the suburbs of the city of Milwaukee.

Just coming in...

Another shooting...

Live Coverage:

www.wesh.com...

Damn. It'll be interesting to see the reasons behind this one. It's just getting to be too much.

Peace

edit on 21-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm curious as to if this is close to the Brookfield Zoo as well. I used to go there a lot as a child. Am I the only one that is noticing that for every good thing that is reported on guns, like the little girl defending herself against the intruder, there is like 10 random shootings reported in between.
Don't get me wrong, i don't think guns are a bad thing. I mean it isn't even a weapon until you put it in the hands of someone capable of using it.
We need more stories of people doing good things before there are no more guns available.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
I'm curious as to if this is close to the Brookfield Zoo as well. I used to go there a lot as a child. Am I the only one that is noticing that for every good thing that is reported on guns, like the little girl defending herself against the intruder, there is like 10 random shootings reported in between.
Don't get me wrong, i don't think guns are a bad thing. I mean it isn't even a weapon until you put it in the hands of someone capable of using it.
We need more stories of people doing good things before there are no more guns available.

There are lots of stories of people doing good things but unfortunately we don't get to see them as much.

Blood, gore, crime, murder...that's what they want us to see because it serves the agenda of disarming the populace.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They cover shootings like this in the Media, cause there is a guy lose on the streets shooting people, it's a warning.

Small shootings where a citizen shoots a buglar only needs a notice in the local newspaper as the situation is over quickly, and usually there is no further danger for other citizens.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by jude11

They cover shootings like this in the Media, cause there is a guy lose on the streets shooting people, it's a warning.

Small shootings where a citizen shoots a buglar only needs a notice in the local newspaper as the situation is over quickly, and usually there is no further danger for other citizens.

You missed the point, sorry.

I was speaking in general of violent crimes with fire arms involved. Whether the shooter is dead or running it's always more in-your-face than someone protecting their home against an intruder for example.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

But isn't that obvius when there is a major or minor shooting going on, and citizens and posible relativs for victims wants to know what's going on.

I am not supporting the mass media, but they do inform people if there is danger in the area they live in and have to watch out, and mostly people wants to be informed about the bad news, and "good news" or storys are covered by Oprah and like.

Even though it's wrong, bad news is in most cases the most important news, everything else is still covered locally.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

News is a product. People WANT the gore and violence. No one would watch pretty stories. This is America where the demographic polls decide what gets on the media.

The media is just the vehicle to hang advertising on. Consume, consume, consume. There is no conspiracy except to sell more stuff by any means possible.

Any advertising/media professional knows what subjects grab the American psyche; Sex, violence and more sex.

Anyother subjects and the American attention span falls to almost 0, [zero]

Media/advertising/www has been studied to the inth degree and they give people what they want.

btw, I'm a producer and media is a wasteland!

edit on 21-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And now they're reporting 3 dead:

www.cnn.com...

The man accused of shooting seven people -- three of them fatally -- late Sunday morning inside a suburban Milwaukee salon has himself been found dead, Brookfield, Wisconsin, police Chief Daniel K. Tushaus said. The suspect -- Radcliffe Haughton, 45, of Brown Deer -- was found dead Sunday afternoon inside the Azana Salon and Spa, according to Tushaus. The chief said Haughton is not one of three fatalities that had been earlier reported.

And also stating the gun man is dead from a self inflicted gun shot.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join