It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Holes in the Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As defined by our current limited knowledge of science, black holes are dead stars that had simply became dense matter sucking in everything, including even light into the dense core, and are several billion times the size of our sun, and found in galaxies.

What happens after that? None knows.

The dense and compact matter simply bealches out matter back into the galaxies space and in time forms planet and life, an ongoing process for millenia, and only something that no mortal can live long enough to witness. Only light beings know such processes, for time to light beings are but a mere twinkling of an eyelid.

We humans are merely light beings using the human body as a vessel for our sojourn on Earth. Over time, when our human body decays, it is to the stars we return within galaxies, to hear the music of the universe - radio waves emaniated by physical action of matter over planetary gravity and atmospheric grids, sound akin to electronic trance music. And over time, such galaxies get suck into the black holes to be rejuvenated.

One day, humankind in its physical human form will face such a fate, millions or even billions of years later.

The trick to avoid such fates is thus to have the knowledge and ability to expand far beyond dying galaxies. Only the best survives, and is often the egalitarian ones that do. May mankind wake up, if not for themselves, it will be for the next generations.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In order to escape this galaxy we need ET help . We need to build Planet sized star ships

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
As defined by our current limited knowledge of science, black holes are dead stars that had simply became dense matter sucking in everything, including even light into the dense core, and are several billion times the size of our sun, and found in galaxies.

I have a serious problem with this idea black holes are dead stars . I always thought they went super nova blowing what ever matter is left into every possible direction . even still when a star dies is has spent all it's energy ( gasses) so would it not be lighter than it was a few million years before hand

I think we still have no idea what are black holes , steven hawking make an attempt to explain it I do not feel his theory is correct . Personally I think we are still toddlers in our understanding of how the universe works

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

Thanks for the reply, but ET?

Why not depend on ourselves with our moral and ethical guides taught since civilsation began for progress and evolution instead?

Have to have some confidence in ourselves, for many had shined the path for us all for centuries.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I do agree with you to certain extend about us being toddlers, but our astronomers and astrophysicists had observed and calculated on such phenomenas. Maths and sight hardly lie...

I guess not many would accept the concept that we are all light beings given a DNA built human body as a shell, to perform physical tasks necessary for expansion, even though it had been hinted in many sacred ancient texts. If we are light beings, then the soul as taught to us in religions are indeed ...eternal.....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

Thanks for the reply, but ET?

Why not depend on ourselves with our moral and ethical guides taught since civilsation began for progress and evolution instead?

Have to have some confidence in ourselves, for many had shined the path for us all for centuries.

We humans are very backward in comparison to other race in the universes. We can't even reach our own moon easily . We lack the necessary knowledge and technology .So it would be better to communicate with them for help .

edit on 21-10-2012 by sTrE3tFigHt3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I do agree with you to certain extend about us being toddlers, but our astronomers and astrophysicists had observed and calculated on such phenomenas. Maths and sight hardly lie...

I agree with this and we can calculate what we observe , still we have no clue as to what causes a black hole .

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You need to study astrophysics and cosmology a little before you post your conclusions.

You have several incorrect ideas.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I have a serious problem with this idea black holes are dead stars . I always thought they went super nova blowing what ever matter is left into every possible direction . even still when a star dies is has spent all it's energy ( gasses) so would it not be lighter than it was a few million years before hand

I think we still have no idea what are black holes , steven hawking make an attempt to explain it I do not feel his theory is correct . Personally I think we are still toddlers in our understanding of how the universe works

You need to learn a little more about nucleosynthesis and stellar evolution before attempting to pan Steven Hawking's work.

The concept (and mathematics) of black holes was well established prior to Hawking.

Objects whose gravity field is too strong for light to escape were first considered in the 18th century by John Michell and Pierre-Simon Laplace.

The first modern solution of general relativity that would characterize a black hole was found by Karl Schwarzschild in 1916, although its interpretation as a region of space from which nothing can escape was not fully appreciated for another four decades.

It was during the 1960s that theoretical work showed black holes were a generic prediction of general relativity.

The discovery of neutron stars sparked interest in gravitationally collapsed compact objects as a possible astrophysical reality.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Brilliant post I must say, suprised you don't have more flags.
This part of what you said really strikes me. That the whole Universe is connected with each other, that the atoms that comprise the life on Earth, the atoms that make up the human body, are made inside stars. These stars, they collapsed and explode, scattering their enriched guts across the galaxy. Guts made of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and all the fundamental ingredients of life itself. These ingredients become part of gas clouds, nebulae, which form the next generation of solar systems, solar systems with planets. And those planets, now have the ingredients for life itself.

When I look up and know that w are part of this Universe, that we are in this Universe. But perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the Universe is in os.

We humans are merely light beings using the human body as a vessel for our sojourn on Earth. Over time, when our human body decays, it is to the stars we return within galaxies, to hear the music of the universe - radio waves emaniated by physical action of matter over planetary gravity and atmospheric grids, sound akin to electronic trance music. And over time, such galaxies get suck into the black holes to be rejuvenated.

One day, humankind in its physical human form will face such a fate, millions or even billions of years later.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

OK but I still feel it's wrong I think a lot more study and observation needs to be done until we see how one is created we are more less stabbing in the dark

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I guess not many would accept the concept that we are all light beings

Yeah, I have to admit you gave me a chuckle when you went from discussing something very real as black holes to imaginary light beings.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I agree with this and we can calculate what we observe , still we have no clue as to what causes a black hole .

I can only agree with that statement to a certain extent. Though math can tell us if a proposition is possible, it doesn't tell us if it's true. I still say that math freaks could manipulate math to prove that the universe is made out of peanutbutter, but that doesn't mean it's true. As for sight, what we see is only our perception of any given event. And, our perception can be soooooo wrong.

I'm still toying with the possible flaws in the conclusions made on the Observer Effect. My belief is, if a conclusion is too weird, then it's too weird to be true.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

OK but I still feel it's wrong I think a lot more study and observation needs to be done until we see how one is created we are more less stabbing in the dark

It isn't likely that we will ever "see" the creation of a black hole.

When the star goes supernova and blows off its outer layers, it is extremely bright. Somewhere inside that brightness, core star matter is collapsing and it may be forming a black hole, neutron star or whatever.

If it is forming a black hole, the absence of light of the singularity, compared to the supernova's radiance, would make it totally invisible.

We may actually be seeing the creation of black holes in supernova remnants right now, but there's no way we'd be able to differentiate it from supernovas which don't spawn black holes (except for inferences that we can draw from the star's mass, supernova halo and chemical structure/stage).

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I'm sorry, but you have a misconception about black holes, as well as the process in which they are formed. Stars fuel is yes gasses, but these gasses fuse to form heavier elements, in many cases being pulled towards it's core and with stars like our sun, producing convection currents. As stars age, and run out of lighter elements like hyrdrogen and helium for fusion, they move onto heavier elements, and as the core becomes denser and hotter, until there is no material left to fuse, at this point an enormous amount of fusion waste is left stuck to the heavier matter. (neutrons I believe? Could be wrong someone can correct me) It is at this point these particles are released in a super nova, leaving the extremely dense core to form what we know as a black hole. The enormous gravitational distortion left produces what we call a black hole. I'm not a physicist, but this is my understanding of the process. They don't belch matter, in fact quite the opposite, though some black holes have been found to release radiation.

How ever I've always wondered if it is possible for a black hole to absorb enough material, to become a star once more. The immense gravitational forces must be sufficient enough to start fusion once more, given the materials are present.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Sure we could witness a black hole forming.

multiple photographs over decades of a region of space I am sure who ever studying the will do over lays and figure out if something disappears . As I would assume that if there was a black hole created there will be tell tale signs of distortion . or am I wrong with such sharp clear images of space we would not witness the phenomenon.

However they can create mini black holes at the large hadron collider ( as i would assume you know there is no working model on gravity on the sub atomic level )

tiny black holes the accelerator could generate will instantly pop in and out of existence like phantom soap bubbles, without the necessary mass to sustain themselves. Read more: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Large Hadron Collider Now - Popular Mechanics

Link to external text

As I say again I feel there is something flawed in how we understanding on how black holes are formed . With the colliders that we have and more that are being planned for is a great start to really see the science to this event.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am deeply honored that you folks would share your comprehension of black holes on this thread, and I am grateful to all of you. I must apologise for my lack of knowledge on black holes, as current knowledge is still sorely lacking for further comprehension of such phenomena, even with Hawkins best efforts.

Thus my thread was intentionally posted on the philosophy and metaphysical thread and not on any of the science thread, for discussion instead, for a sharing of insights on what we do know and how it affects us, in as simple manner possible so that more may participate, rather than a repetition or regurgitation of Hawkins book.

We know that black holes exists. We see them forming, but no mortal alive had seen the entire process. What astrophysicists can do is to use maths to project the likeliest path such processes may take and evolve, but that's only theorization of a concept.

My post is to seek for those with philosophy and metaphysical learnings to share as well besides the mainstream science adherents, either here on other threads with the interesting phenomena black holes, where every galaxy has one. 'No idea is a bad idea', or ' the only bad idea is to shut up one's mouth and mind'.

Thanks all for your time and efforts. :-)

edit on 22-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Since we don't know what happens to black holes and they could possibly last indefinitely... perhaps one day all matter has been sucked into black holes... and the black holes themselves attract and merge with each other... becoming one huge black hole collapsing in on itself... forming singularity once again, and another beginning of the Universe!

Not sure what forces could cause a new big bang though

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Heres a theory for everyone,

Maybe our universe was the result of a supernova in another universe
and so on like a big fractal.i,e From small black holes to super massive
black holes and all the ones in between.

Just one of my many thoughts on the universe.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There will be much and many theories and speculations over the black holes issue, for current science has yet to determine the entire process by facts of realities and not just hypothesis.

Perhaps we can look into the ancient writings deemed as 'myths' or 'religion' as a possible answer, for they did seem to know much more than we do, as our archeological digs and anthropological studies had proven.

The concepts of hell and reincarnation comes to mind.

Black holes are not 'holes' as presume nor are they a single entity in the universe, as many had been discovered and seem to exist singularly within each galaxy.

Black holes are simply composed of dense matter, sucking in all matter inside, and growing in size, far more than our mere human minds can comprehend such as being billions of times bigger than our already awesomely big sun.

For the religiously faithfuls of mainstream religions, we believe in the concept of hell, as well as having souls. Would souls have the same traits of a physical body? Impossible, as NO mortal had ever seen a 'soul' before.

Thus, souls would have to be particles of light, that comes into a human body at the moment of conception, to integrate with the DNA built human body shell, through the brain and every body part that contains nerve cells communicated through electrical charges.

Once our human body stops, so too the flow of electricity - our souls, escaping back into the cosmos as 'light beings'.

As for hell, perhaps if our souls had been judged wanting, then it would be to the black holes, to be sucked into the vortex where even light does not escape, to became part of the dense compact entity in space, similar with planets and suns that had either ended or failed in its purpose as part of a cosmic plan for order within chaos.

Over time in terms of billions of years, when the black hole density gets far too great with pressure built up, it explodes, with a new galaxy being recreated, with souls being released to form suns, planets, moons, and even life.....

<<   2 >>

join