It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those who like war or think war's necessary...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
drbryan,

Wow, thanks for showing nasty pics? That's new for me.

When the WTC buildings fell, the first thing I thought was "A lot of firefighters and police officers are now dead." I have a #load of respect for firefighters and police, I have even wanted to be one or the other at one point. Movies show them as incredible people (albeit not accurately) and I was always wondering what they were really like. 9/11 showed me they weren't as different as we thought and that they were all incredibly zoned in on their passion, which is saving lives. It takes an incredible person to be like that. I look at pictures from inside the WTC and I always wonder "Did this guy on the picture make it out of the building? Or is he dead now?"

Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
drbryan,

Wow, thanks for showing nasty pics? That's new for me.

The thank You strickly is for the fact that the sight of them removed the will of my son to join a military that while still the best in the world still is in very poor condition under a leader who thinks these are the army men toys of his youth and seems to place them in stupid situations

that is the only thing about those pictures I thanked the poster for after they served this purpose I blocked it on my parental controls so as not to allow my son or my younger daughter to have access to them again

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
drbryan,

When the WTC buildings fell, the first thing I thought was "A lot of firefighters and police officers are now dead." I have a #load of respect for firefighters and police, I have even wanted to be one or the other at one point.

In case you missed it I believe I stated I am a Fire fighter/Medic and that I was in the past for 11 1/2 years in law enforcement and am returning to law enforcement part time by the end of the month ......so dont presume to think I dont know the pain of my fallen brothers next time read the hole thing.......and take it in the context it was given it was mearly a thank you for providing a means to accomplish a very important task to my heart saving my son from ending up in places like Iraq dying for reasons that discust me by the now proven incorrectness we have boys dying because Bush failed to listen to others outside the inner circle who told him not to go in till real WMD proof existed

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
......so dont presume to think I dont know the pain of my fallen brothers next time read the hole thing.......

Whoa whoa, what's your issue? I never "presumed" that you don't know the pain, and YES, I did read the whole thing. None of that was meant to be offenseive.

Maybe you should stop getting so angry. I have done nothing to attack you here.

Some of the shortest fuses in the world can be found on ATS. Geez.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
"When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love."
-Martin Luther King

Edmund Burke said

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

As long as their is evil to defeat then war is absolutely necessary! Of course you all know this already. Deep down you do. Anyways I would like to say that Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong Il, and Osoma Bin laden are the cheariest of people who wouldn't think of forcing the good men of this world to kill them.

[edit on 10/19/2004 by verfed]

I think its a little hypocritical to quote men of peace and then in turn say war must exist .....God shall deal with the evil its not mans place to fight to terminate eveil granted defensive war is important but Iraq is not Defensive its a mistake

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hmmmm....I not sledging anybody here but maybe some of those who dont see Mil Service in the brightest light (and unopposed to other types of community service) might consider joining the Fire Brigade.

Or the Emergency Medical Services, Volunteer Fire Fighters, State Emergency Service ( I think you Yanks call it Volunteer Civil Defence) or anyone of a dozen non warlike bodies.

We'e just had our Volunteer Bushfire fighters out for days up North and from the looks of this tropical rain front thats moved in the Volunteer SES are next out.

Queensland...Beautiful One Day....Downpour the next. Just to lighten things up.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whoa whoa, what's your issue? I never "presumed" that you don't know the pain, and YES, I did read the whole thing. None of that was meant to be offenseive.

Maybe you should stop getting so angry. I have done nothing to attack you here.

Some of the shortest fuses in the world can be found on ATS. Geez.

Sorry It is a touchey subject that should not be treaded on lightly when you join this brotherhood you begin to understand I have been part of it for almost 17 years and wether its somone on your squad or engine or ladder or those boys in blue from where ever they come from its like you lost a mother father brother of sister nowhere is there a greater bond for a person to have the benefit of outside the bond with God

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Hmmmm....I not sledging anybody here but maybe some of those who dont see Mil Service in the brightest light (and unopposed to other types of community service) might consider joining the Fire Brigade.

Or the Emergency Medical Services, Volunteer Fire Fighters, State Emergency Service ( I think you Yanks call it Volunteer Civil Defence) or anyone of a dozen non warlike bodies.

Thank you my friend .........I dont debunk the military but given the choice I will remain as I am a proud civil servant willing to dye for reasons that are worthy of my life.......The brotherhood I am a part of is so wonderful in its design its not limited to one branch or one platoon its a world wide brotherhood of great men and women

I wish every person could be as I am A veteran law enforcement officer who is ready to come back to the field while remaining a Fire Fighter/Medic but as a volunteer instead of full duty (due to time constraints and schedules you know how it is) and as an active chaplain providing services to all 3 services of civil protection and safety I would trade it if I was given four stars on my shoulder in charge of a whole branch of the military and part of the joint chiefs ........I will give my life freely and happily do so because it is rather straight forward and not subjuct to political wars that I dont agree with

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
War, what is war?

Some people of limited imagination think war is only fought with guns and other armaments.

If you can't get past that you are an idiot.
We have to be armed to protect ourselves from idiots.
We have to be ready to fight wars against idiots.

For anyone else you lead by example. You use the best ideas and methods for the economy, civil rights, education, science, math and technology.
And if someone has a better idea somewhere you co-opt it. They will be co-opting your better ideas too.

Iraq and Vietnam were both wars run by American Idiots. These people wanted to use arms to win a war without fighting the war of ideas and emotions. They want to tyrannize the indigenous population and IMPOSE their brand of democracy, economics, and civil society. This is asinine. If you want some kind of better society you have to work with the society that is already there. And it is far better to inspire the indigenous population to rise up against totalitarian regimes, NOT by becoming an externally imposed totalitarian regime.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
slank

it's very simple

WAR IS WRONG IF NOT FOR DEFENSE AND IRAQ IS NOT DEFENSIVE ITS A POLITICAL SCREW UP yet it has claimed more lives in its short time than those who died in the WTC which is now a way of explaining away the lack of WMDs so Bush dont look like a total screwup he is just trying to save his arse right now

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
and (curses Bush Bin Laden and thier kind) they turned this war into Iraq into a DEFENSIVE one thats hard to walk away from without it turning into a bigger disaster for everyone (bar Bin Laden that is)

Arrrrghhh!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Sorry It is a touchey subject that should not be treaded on lightly when you join this brotherhood you begin to understand I have been part of it for almost 17 years and wether its somone on your squad or engine or ladder or those boys in blue from where ever they come from its like you lost a mother father brother of sister nowhere is there a greater bond for a person to have the benefit of outside the bond with God

I understand it is a touchy subject. Next time explain that instead of blowing your stack. I meant only respect, no disrespect.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
sweatmonicaido

were cool man again sorry I tend to think with the heart and not the mind sometimes

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey guys I have to stop working this thread for a bit I will catch up tomm. when I not so out of my train of thought

TO THOSE I UNLOADED ON MY APPOLOGIES REALLY GUYS

SORRY

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
drbryan,

I wish you the best in your return to law enforcement.
I would love to be in law enforcement someday.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This has gone from snarky to unpleasant to outright name-calling and other nastiness. There has been some concern expressed over this, and as a result, I'm closing the thread.

I'll probably trashbin it later.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join