It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those who like war or think war's necessary...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
There are so many dummies out there

Yes, there are. Including the one that wrote your post.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh OK so when Iraqis blow up their own people ( which is the vast majority of civilian deaths ) it's America's fault. Please open your eyes or at least make an attempt at finding out the facts before you post. There are so many dummies out there

Oh I forgot we didn't drop 500lb and 1000lb bombs on the cities of Iraq. I also had no idea that the current IED's have accounted for so many civilian deaths in Iraq. The only person that doesn't have their facts straight here is you bub and by the way I think I have a pretty good Idea of the facts as I am a contractor for the DOD. You want to see a dummy, just look in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

No, none, zip, zilch respect for the 3000 dead of a naton that murders millions (THATS MILLIONS) by the minute! Just do the maths the US would have to be nuked 5 times over to get the causalty lists even again. So stop the whining and look at the real score in terms of megadeaths OK?!?!

corninthas can i ask what country are you from BTW , this is not an attack is a genuine question.

Millions?
Prove it?

you have helped kill millions , remember ww1 and 2 and nam and kossovo and bosnia and korea all put together is a large body count, im not talking enemy casulties here im talking civie loss.
this is not to say britain ,france,germany,russia and italy and spain are not with out blame but just pointing out a small fact.

The British, Japanese, GERMANS and Chinese have much more blood to attone for than us. As said before, we are not perfect, but we try to do well as a people. Can't say the same for a ex-pat Irishman who sits in another country and points fingers? Perhaps you should have stayed there and helped as opposed to fleeing?

ex- pat irishman?
helped what the NI thing PULLLLLEASE , that was a bad situtation and frankly if you get involved in this then you wont like it, imagine a veitnam where the enemy is actually the man behind you in the que to the counter? or where bombs are set off in public streets to hit a single squad or single a soldier? or where soldiers burst in your house drag your brothers, fathers and some sisters and motheres from thier beds and leave you there not even a word or a reason?

secodnly so what we have blood on our hands we know this.
DO YOU THINK WE ARE HAPPY WITH THIS HUH? YOU THINK WE'RE HAPPY KNOWING OUR FOREFATHERS DONE BAD THINGS HUH???

Oh! But Bill CLinton went in there and did it for you! Damn those hateful warlike Americans!

frankly the recent pres's havent been the best ambassodors for peace like they keep saying. americans arenot warlike just most presidnets lately were , though some where not. take JFK , good man.

Or is this going to be another one of your baseless urban legends involving US concentration camps that you cannot suddenly provide proof of to back your accusations?

uhh remember quantamo bay , apart from the marine base theres a terror holding facility there where they live in boxes in the sunlight.? or what about the prison in iraq they ring bells?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

LOL you just find a way to bring in military training information in everything, don't you?

lol i am incocent of doeing that for once. he said basic training so he meant military training , i thought i would use the info i know to shoot him down.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The last time some one asked me where i was from was purely to find out how he could remind me how bad my country was.. the little so and so that he was...

I am half english half irish and live in the Netherlands.

Edit: just for the record:

About the genius who had to ask where i was from... when i told him i wasn't proud of "my" country, he lost the plot
because he couldn't "diss" my country 'coz i beat him to it by aknowledging the UK was the BEAST before we handed that role to the US.
This guy could not cope with the idea of someone not liking his country, quite amazing i found, but it does help explain alot of these posts by the flag-wavers.

[edit on 19/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
The last time some one asked me where i was from was purely to find out how he could remind me how bad my country was.. the little so and so that he was...

I am half english half irish and live in the Netherlands.

lol
dont know how bad netherlands is but i'm not interested in finding that out.
just one little thing please respect those dead on the WTC, i mean come on they were just stock brockers and varios other finacial thingy people (dont know anything else like stock brokers so heh) and they didnt deserve to die, you might not respect the americans there but please respect the british and irish dead wasnt thier netherland people there too?
not meant as an attack man just saying to ya give em a little respect ok?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
@devilwasp

like i had said earlier in this thread:

I will respect individals but not numbers,so sorry if you have lost people you knew personally its always hard to accept the absurd.

I can feel sorry for someon who lost someone.. so when it becomes personal.. but for people who (as an example) cried for Di when she died. For them I have nothing.. as if they knew her, she ws a face on the telly for crying out loud! Same thing goes for the WTC.. first thing i did when the news broke was to mail by good buddy over there and do you know what the reply was: I am ok and non of my freinds are stockbrokers so all is fine here.

Needless to say he is now living in London 'coz he is fed up with the way things are over there.
But i digress... i can feel for people but not for numbers on a TV screen does that make sense to you, or am I just an unfeeleing b@$tard?

Edit: spelling's a mess again

[edit on 19/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
ah well i see where your comeing from , im just not like that myself.
if i see an incoent guy get bombed,shot,stabbed,cut and or incinerated i cant help feel slightly sorry and ask in a kind and calmly manner WTF!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If we can't stay away from the name calling, then this thread will be closed. A heated topic, or another member's response is not a green lite to vent profanity.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
lol i am incocent of doeing that for once. he said basic training so he meant military training , i thought i would use the info i know to shoot him down.

Actually, Grady said the Basic School, not Basic Training. Basic School is a training program in the Marine Corps to train officers in the very primary levels of command in the Marine Corps, concentrated on leading a platoon. So it's not really basic training, it just teaches the basics on how to be a Marine Corps officer.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
If we can't stay away from the name calling, then this thread will be closed. A heated topic, or another member's response is not a green lite to vent profanity.

if you want insults go to the US vs CHINA thread and look around page 5 or 6 . wow now that was a heated argument.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
After reading a lot of these posts, I also realize something else. None of us can truly say what war is like until you've lived it. Now, when I say "live it," I mean war is your life. War has been your life. I am not talking about the veterans of World War II or anybody who has served in the U.S. military. They've only seen 25% of it. I'm talking about the children of Afghanistan and of the countries in Africa, who have known nothing else but war.

If you all wanna know what war is like, better to ask them than the servicemen. At least most of them come home to safety and their families. Everyone else in the world, they got nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
After reading a lot of these posts, I also realize something else. None of us can truly say what war is like until you've lived it. Now, when I say "live it," I mean war is your life. War has been your life. I am not talking about the veterans of World War II or anybody who has served in the U.S. military. They've only seen 25% of it. I'm talking about the children of Afghanistan and of the countries in Africa, who have known nothing else but war.

If you all wanna know what war is like, better to ask them than the servicemen. At least most of them come home to safety and their families. Everyone else in the world, they got nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I fully agree! Go ask people whos countrys have been the play thing of our western governments about war. Especially those armchair warriors that post their bragging all over this board.

The problem is now that after WW2 most Europeans decided that war was getting too ugly for them and now we export it, it's great isn't it? We can get the technology benefits, and the economy boost but don't have to suffer all the horrors (terrors) of the conflict, the suffering is now outsourced.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

Oh I forgot we didn't drop 500lb and 1000lb bombs on the cities of Iraq. I also had no idea that the current IED's have accounted for so many civilian deaths in Iraq.

Well, you obviously don't watch the news much or read the paper

The only person that doesn't have their facts straight here is you bub and by the way I think I have a pretty good Idea of the facts as I am a contractor for the DOD. You want to see a dummy, just look in the mirror.

*trying to pick myself up off the floor*

Even if you were a contractor (which is very doubtful, unless you have the toilet cleaning contract), does that entitle you to secret casualty figures for Iraq. Please, I still can't stop laughing

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
LOL i just read the post by managerie

what a load of religious clap trap! somebody should introduce him/her to philosphy she/he might make up his/her OWN mind for once.

Jesus Himself was willing to sacrifice Himself to save others. If each of us in the world did this, there would never be another war ever again.

If we all did this there would be no one left to fight, correct. Good argument allthough I doubt that is the reasoning you were using though.

Unfortunately, this will not happen because the majority of the world does not know Jesus or His power to overcome our innate natures.

Ok the implied premise here is the ONLY WAY to overcome our urges is good ole JC. Woop, Wooop thats my fallacy detector telling me this is spin!

Allright the UN is far from perfect, but are you suggesting world peace can only come if we subscribe to christian dogma!?!? Where have you been all this time? Western religion and the zomies that follow it are part of the PROBLEM and not a solution to it !

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Well, you obviously don't watch the news much or read the paper

*trying to pick myself up off the floor*

Even if you were a contractor (which is very doubtful, unless you have the toilet cleaning contract), does that entitle you to secret casualty figures for Iraq. Please, I still can't stop laughing

You're just a kid. Yes I am entitled to a whole helluva lot more information then you have ever read or seen or know.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You're just a kid. Yes I am entitled to a whole helluva lot more information then you have ever read or seen or know.

dont just say "your just a kid" that means nothing.
i mean come on , how many kids do you know that can dismantle a rifle? sight it properly or fire it properly. i know alot of information many adults wouldnt know.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We were discussing information and understanding and the lack of.., the conversation has nothing to do with the simplistics of a rifle or what children know or learn in school or from their mum or dad.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You are entiitled to more inforamtion than I ? Somehow I don't think so. Have you been to Iraq ? NO, so how the hell would you know more than anybody else. Oh wait, your a military contractor, so what, I don't see why you'd have anymore insight.

And no, I aint no kiddy - although that may be a convenient excuse to fob off people when they challenge you. What sort of contracting do you do ? I want an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join